IGNORED

Why Do Evertonians Continue To Accept Second Best?

yes everyone noticed that. If you read the posts related there were a lot of angry people when that happend.

we all know some issue was hidden there as while he may not have instantly fitted into our tackle and boot it philsophy of the english game instantly he was clearly a quality player and with time could have come good. whatever the issue was we should have been told, not the cock and bull story from moyes telling us he lacked the skills required. does that get everyone off his back, or does it make us think he should have watched the player better before buying him or given him a trial.

A lot of money lost that we could ill afford to lose.

Unfortunately when the quality of the club drops, on and off field, so must the expecatations of the fans. I would love to start the season thinking that we are title contenders and expect nothing less than champions league qualification but for the last 10 years the club has shown that it is not in that position bar one season of "over achivement".

we've had to start from the begining expecting little and wishing for more. our expectations began to rise again at the start of this season but then after a poor start we are back down to where we started, hoping to get into the top half, then once we get there, hoping to get a European place.

I hate to see our once club being told their not a big club, struggling to make the top half of the league and finding that big names just aren't interested.

BUT i ask you Bernie what am I supposed to do in order not to accept second best?

yes everyone noticed that.  If you read the posts related there were a lot of angry people when that happend.

we all know some issue was hidden there as while he may  not have instantly fitted into our tackle and boot it philsophy of the english game instantly he was clearly a quality player and with time could have come good.  whatever the issue was we should have been told, not the cock and bull story from moyes telling us he lacked the skills required.  does that get everyone off his back, or does it make us think he should have watched the player better before buying him or given him a trial.

A lot of money lost that we could ill afford to lose.

Unfortunately when the quality of the club drops, on and off field, so must the expecatations of the fans.  I would love to start the season thinking that we are title contenders and expect nothing less than champions league qualification but for the last 10 years the club has shown that it is not in that position bar one season of "over achivement".

we've had to start from the begining expecting little and wishing for more.  our expectations began to rise again at the start of this season but then after a poor start we are back down to where we started, hoping to get into the top half, then once we get there, hoping to get a European place.

I hate to see our once club being told their not a big club, struggling to make the top half of the league and finding that big names  just aren't interested.

BUT i ask you Bernie what am I supposed to do in order not to accept second best?

Its simple! Stop being a tight arse and pour all those millions you have under ur floorboards into Everton :D

Guest fozzie22

Hi again Bernie

Of course he's right,we have slipped far down the pecking order,not just in terms of transfers and the like,but Goodison looks shabby by todays standards,where once it was a ground to be proud of,its now looking like an old slapper who had one bloke too many.

And its a symbol of all thats wrong with the club at the moment.

Let out early for good behaviour eh?

Your quite right, and Fozzie has always been saying this sort of thing too

But what has lead to this;

1. Mis-mangement by the board(s)

2. Under-acheivement on the pitch

3. A combination of both

Sadly our blue blooded backers have long since distanced themselves from the club and Sir John has not left any real legacy or know one has taken it on.

Any recent tales from the dugout?

Let out early for good behaviour eh?

Your quite right, and Fozzie has always been saying this sort of thing too

But what has lead to this;

1. Mis-mangement by the board(s)

2. Under-acheivement on the pitch

3. A combination of both

Sadly our blue blooded backers have long since distanced themselves from the club and Sir John has not left any real legacy or know one has taken it on.

Any recent tales from the dugout?

in my humble opinion, the buck always stops at the number one, and we have a "number one" who simply isnt up to the job, look at little Wigan for example, they have a ruthless businessman at the helm who has worked wonders, why is that? because he has a proven way of doing things, he simply wont rest until he gets things operating as he sees fit, he even took on greater manchester police because , in his opinion, they were charging him too much to provide policing at Wigans home games. Whelan is exactly the type of person who should be in command of EFC, instead we have a person who without doubt is a massive Evertonian, but, hasnt a clue on how to progress. Unfortunately, being a big Evertonian wont take us foreward in the long term. This club has gone from being one of the biggest, to being overtaken by clubs who are not fit to be mentioned in the same sentance. Until we have a Dave Whelan or the like we will continue going backwards.

"Nothing but the best" thats our motto, so why do Evertonians, and that includes the Evertonians at the helm of this once great club, accept second best? it makes me cringe to think how far down the pecking order we have gone.

You`ve gone down even further than you think. Everton`s biggest problem is that they can`t attract players anymore.

about as much chance as there is of you ever becoming a real Everton fan, instead of just the usual bellyachers we hear too much from!

Sorry didn't realise we were top of the league and gonna win the cup.

This thread is about not accepting second best, and you my friend are doing exactly that.

At least I am realistic. We will never be Chelsea or Man U football has changed for the worse.But we can hope to be on the outside of that group with the forays in and build from that.

If you can honestly say you see us winning a premiership in the next ten years then I want your rose tinted glasses please.