IGNORED

Pienaar Storms Out Of Safa Press Conference!

Louis

DURBAN, South Africa (AFP) — South Africa midfielder Steven Pienaar stormed out of a press conference Thursday after refusing to answer questions about his late arrival at a 2008 Nations Cup camp.

"I'm going," shouted the Everton star after his attempt to set the agenda was rejected by journalists in the Indian Ocean city where Bafana Bafana (The Boys) are training for the January 20 to February 10 tournament in Ghana.

Everton manager David Moyes wanted Pienaar to play in an English League Cup semi-final at Chelsea last Tuesday, but FIFA rejected the move and Pienaar arrived here 48 hours after a deadline set by the world controlling body.

South Africa open their Group D campaign on January 23 against Angola in the northern city of Tamale and also face 2004 winners Tunisia and Senegal with the top two countries on the final standings advancing to the quarter-finals.

Its clear he loves it at our great club. Backed up by that skysports article a few weeks ago. He wants to stake he's claim for a permenant transfer and I bet he's scared he'll struggle to get his place back especially as the art and perhaps manny is back.

Edited by EFCfanatic

Good to see some passion from the lad, but I hope we do sign him and then if that happens that we won't go through all of this drama every two years. People should accept that we can't have him when South Africa qualify for this competition (which will, regrettably, be most of the competitions during Pienaars career with us) and move on.