IGNORED

Could They Come Back To Haunt Us?!?!

Josh Berno

Just a thought like Tottenham last year came back to haunt us in not being 5th instead of 6th could games like Villa (awful game) , Reading (awful game) and Man Utd home and away (unlucky in both) come back to haunt us! What do you think?

I don't blame finishing 6th last season on the second Tottenham game, as much as I do on two other things.

1) Our inability to double ANYONE besides Watford (even against Wigan, Charlton, and Sheffield we couldn't do better than 4 points out of 6 - we double just one of those teams and we finish 5th on goal differential)

2) Our pathetic performance against Villa (finished 11th), Boro (12th), and Man City (14th). No way we should have come out with only 3 points from those six matches.

Point 2 directly relates to why I'm cautiously optimistic about our chances of finishing fourth this year. Even though we haven't done as well against the elites, (last year we had 5 points after 5 matches against the greedy four, this year we have 1 point), we've done much better against the teams we're definitely "supposed" to beat. Last year we only managed to pick up a total of 31 points against the teams who finished in the bottom half of the league. This year we already have 30 points against the teams who are currently 11th or worse (10 wins and only 2 losses), and we still have eight more matches to play against them.

Edited by JD in DC