IGNORED

4th Place

jofanon

Crouch - "Realistically we're out of the title race now. Arsenal and Manchester United have set the pace and we now have to show respect to Aston Villa and Manchester City because we are in a right battle to get fourth place with them."

Cheeky bastard.

Obviously just a slip of the tongue....he clearly meant to say fifth place ;) .

Edited by MikeO

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, 42 points and fifteen games left.

Eight of them at home against Spurs, Reading, Pompey, Wham, Derby, Chelsea, Villa and Newcastle.

Two bankers (Reading, Derby) = 6 points.

Three slightly more difficult (Spurs, Newcastle, Wham...possibly one slip up) = 6 points

Two tricky but we'll still be favourites at home (Pompey, Villa) = 4 points

Then Chelsea which we may well take nothing from (being pessimistic) = 0 points.

Seven away games at Blackburn, City, Sunderland, Fulham, L'pool, Birmingham and Arsenal.

No easy away games but we should win at Fulham, Birmingham and Sunderland (maybe only get a draw in one) = 7 points.

Blackburn are sliding, City are beginning to be found out (win one, draw one) = 4 points.

Liverpool we get a draw = 1 point.

Concede defeat at Arsenal = 0 points.

28 more points gained. Finish with seventy which is very likely to be good enough for fourth. Like Bill said, simple :P .

Pretty much spot on at the moment (though I say it myself):D:D .

Fifty points and eleven games left. On target.

Afternoon all, Villa fan here

Just wondering what you lot think the top 6 is likely to be at the end of the season? General Villa view (not THE General) is that after losing at Fulham and with the games we've got to come, any chance of 4th has gone. Most think we'll finish 6th, and with bloody Spurs winning on Sun and Chelsea falling to bits at the mo, this probably means we're going to the Intertoto :angry:

Even worse, if the Albion get to the Cup final they'll be in bloody Europe instead :o

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm happier about the Villa than I've been in at least ten years, it's just that I'm still a bit annoyed about Villa finishing 6th in 04 and having to watch Newcastle, Boro and bloody Millwall in Europe instead of us the year after! If West Brom get in it's going to be a nightmare

We'll hang onto Young for the moment if that's alright - but we'll let you have Berger for a very reasonable price! 20 B&H and a bag of steak McCoys sound alright?

Failing that, just give us Arteta and Vaughan. You know you want to

Reading and Birmingham have both won!.......Mind that trap door Bolton!

May I suggest a return to your over physical approach against luckypool....You know you want to!......and you know luckypool hate that kinda game.....BUT three points is three points and needs must and all that..........SO!...Get stuck in lads :)

Looks like Rafa may finally be getting the message on rotation. Taking no chances here...

Liverpool

25 Reina

23 Carragher

04 Hyypia

37 Skrtel

12 Aurelio

08 Gerrard

14 Alonso

20 Mascherano

19 Babel

18 Kuyt

09 Torres

I don't see any prospect of Bolton taking anything from that XI however physical they get 250 :( .

Full strength again tonight...

25 Reina

17 Arbeloa

37 Skrtel

23 Carragher

06 Riise

08 Gerrard

20 Mascherano

14 Alonso

19 Babel

18 Kuyt

09 Torres

Can't really expect them to drop any points from the next three games, home to Wham, Newcastle and Reading.

We're just gonna have to keep winning ourselves :) .

Well thats all we can do. I'd prefer to get 4th on our own merit though and not to just hope the shite drop points. As you said i can't see anything but 9 points from there next 3 games, but you never know. they seem to do stupid things against weaker teams but it seems that rafa has finally started to notice that he has to play his full strength team to win. But you again would hope for 9 points for our next 3 games. Sunderland, Fulham, West Ham. The only thing that could screw us is fatigue or keeping an eye on europe rather than the league. The game against sunderland for example, our lads will probably have an eye on the 2nd leg against fiorentina and could slip up against a side who is getting dragged down into a relagation scrap. If the rest of the season is anything to go by though sunderland will have a goal unfairly ruled offside and we will be denied stonewall penaltys.

well that does their goal difference a bit of good and puts them in 4th on level games. now it's all down to scoring more points from the same number of games.

Anfield will be a huge game, as well Chelsea, Arsenal and Villa. get 3 points from villa and at least 1 point from the other 2 and i'd be pleased.

concern is that the shite are starting to show some consistency at the moment...

if we want 4th we're gonna need some kind of result in each of arsenal, chelsea and rs...

our record against the "big 4" is dreadful this season, that's gonna have to change -- if we can't beat them at our top form and with our most promising squad for years, we'll come short again

Well, you obviously know more than the european cup winning manager, so maybe he was so envious of your footballing achievements that he copied you.

Goof grief here we go...where did I say that exactly?

Anyway..next three games Liverpool play Newcastle, reading and ManU..

While we play Sunderland, Fulham and Wham.

So form would suggest that we'll go to Anfield in fourth place, may not happen that way but that would be favourite.

Still in our own hands, but Liverpool can say the same thing. Good stuff :P .

Well, you obviously know more than the european cup winning manager, so maybe he was so envious of your footballing achievements that he copied you.

Then again...

crap argument.

no matter how thrilling an achievement the cl victory a fews years back was, any shite-supporter knows that almost 20 years without a league victory is utterly unacceptable for such a "big" club.

so unless the "european cup winning manager" really doesn't give a shit about winning the league, his rotation policy clearly hasn't been the right way to go in trying to stop yet another season go by without a league championship.

no matter how thrilling an achievement the cl victory a fews years back was, any shite-supporter knows that almost 20 years without a league victory is utterly unacceptable for such a "big" club.

so unless the "european cup winning manager" really doesn't give a shit about winning the league, his rotation policy clearly hasn't been the right way to go in trying to stop yet another season go by without a league championship.

He's responsible for 4 of those years, not 20 years and the club was in a state when he got it. His rotation policy has won shit loads of silverware and will eventually win the league. It's patronising as fuck for people to say 'he's finally...' to a man like rafa who is so successful.

It's like you know better, well you don't. That's why the manager winning the league rotates just as much. It's just that they have better players to bring into the league games.