IGNORED

Lescott!

Blue 250

So David Moyes has today said,"Joleon Lescott is among the best players in the country in TWO positions"

Obviously Central defence and left back!......What about being probably one of the best defencive players in the country when he crosses the half way line? Some of his wing work is pretty dam good, and his finishing is excellent!

Moyes you've made a couple of crap signings......who hasn't? but when you get it right!!

What's Lescott worth?.............NO! don't even go there!.....to us he's pricless.

Going back to his crap signings!.......How good would it have been for the squad if VDM had worked out?......should a manager take a risk? Kroldrup being the exception <_<

He's made the odd mistake but he's still been our best defender this season

Possibly, he has been excellent but has gone to sleep on a few set-pieces. I still think Yobo is our best defender, doesn't seem to get much credit as he's Nigerian and goes about his business quietly, he's had a couple of absolutely horrendous games (Metallist) and a total blunder against Arsenal, but he's been consistently brilliant for about 18 months now imo. He makes such a difference at the back, as well as Jags has defended (the old wild lunge, misjudgement and Arsenal aside) his distribution is embarrassing sometimes, whereas Yobo takes the ball down, isn't afraid to show some composure and although he is no Koeman he looks a class act. Very underrated defender who very rarely gets booked due to superb reading of the game and tackling ability, superb in the air and lightning fast, I wouldn't swap him for anyone. I doubt I'd swap Lescott either, we just need some top class coaches to up their game to even greater levels as they have all the attributes and class needed to be amongst the best in Europe.

going back to Kroldrup, I don't think it was the 4-0 that sealed his fate, he was only played in that match out of desperation due to injuries. He looked ok in pre-season because the games weren't physical, it was well known very early on that Moyes didn't think he could hack the physical side and that he was a liability in the air. It all stemmed, so I believe, from putting him up against Big Dunc in training and Kroldrup didn't get even close to winning a header. Moyes then realised he'd made a mistake. big time. That was a bad Summer! VDM, Kroldrup and Davies - how times have changed.

obviousy Yobo would be up there but its proved when jags has stepped in for him we have looked solid, the only thing I hate about Joe he doesnt look up before he hoofs the ball up and most of the time gives tim no chance of winning the header.

i remember joe used to look up, played a great ball into rooney, just happened to be wearing red.

imo hoofing the ball is something joe added to his game, i remember when yobocop used to be yobo the clown

and again, great avatar

i remember joe used to look up, played a great ball into rooney, just happened to be wearing red.

imo hoofing the ball is something joe added to his game, i remember when yobocop used to be yobo the clown

and again, great avatar

haha yeah. In saying that, he brings a real composure to the team, I think he has struck a nice balance of passing and hoofing at the moment. He's never going to be a pin point 50 yard passer of the ball, but he's so classy the way he brings the ball down, isn't afraid to cut back inside an attacker instead of hoofing the ball out of play, he really uses his pace to get himself out of trouble. A couple of wobbly games aside he's been fulfilling his potential over the last 18 months, which is good as he's my favourite player :)

Hopefully, also hope Capello catches a glimmer of him. IMO Ferdinand is shit.

ferdinand is better than lescott...that's fact ... i love lescott, but he's had 1 good season in the top flight. you can't compare him to a premier league winning full international. lescott has the potential, but he's no rio, yet.

ferdinand is better than lescott...that's fact ... i love lescott, but he's had 1 good season in the top flight. you can't compare him to a premier league winning full international. lescott has the potential, but he's no rio, yet.

You may be correct, but i still still think Ferdinand is shit, just dont like the way he plays.