IGNORED

Mcfadden Deal Completed

Louis

Done DEAL, HE'S JUST SIGNED FOR B'ham . :)

Wish him all the best. Really don't see Birmingham getting close to any success ever but hopefully he'll get a decent career out of it.

Gave me one of the highlights of watching Everton (in the modern era) when he scored against Charlton last year. Was sat in the main stand with Josh after Bent scored absolutely gutted, feeling like we'd thrown away the season. People were leaving and then Bang!! Complete elation.

Good luck Faddy.

Never will we forget his goal of the season last year....will we? :)

no we won't... that was one of the best moments of last season along with andy johnsons goal against the arse and the 3-0 over the shite, and for that i have to respect him...

Have just watched "that" goal on youtube about 20 times and it never gets tired

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8V-0tEM-SR0

all the best jimmy lad!

yeah sorry to see u go lad, but all the best. just the fact the price was right.

one thing i will say is i have alot of respect for him. no moaning no saying anything in the press. jus kept his head down and did his job!

good luck faddy!!!

yeah sorry to see u go lad, but all the best. just the fact the price was right.

one thing i will say is i have alot of respect for him. no moaning no saying anything in the press. jus kept his head down and did his job!

good luck faddy!!!

I AGREE, the only time he ever spoke out was to say he wanted to stay and fight for a place, handled himself very professionally on every occasion, Not one of my favourite players but thank you James Mcfadden and good luck.

I just have one little thing to say here. Yes i think mcfadden should have been sold and now that he has we got a great price for him. But one fact bothers me.

Mcfadden is responsible for us being in the Uefa cup. Remember that very important goal that turned the tables against Metalist? So before everyone goes on saying good riddence which i know many of you may not be thinking but some are, remember this and thank him truthfully for this cup opportunity.

Thank You James Mcfadden

Edited by Jay Bernard

Another one of those players I liked and wanted to really well for us but unfortunately it never worked out as most of us had expected when he first signed.

He kept quiet and tried his best which you can't fault him for. The money was far too good to turn down but I do wish him all the best.

James McFadden claimed the chance to work again with former Scotland boss Alex McLeish was the main reason he signed a £6million move to Birmingham City on Friday.

The Scot named the man who had given him the chance to shine for his country during the qualification games for next year's European Championship as the prime motivation behind his switch from Everton.

McFadden, 24, scored three goals during McLeish's 12-month tenure as Scotland manager - including his glorious long-range strike to defeat France in Paris - but more importantly he was given a significant platform upon which to showcase his talents.

That had rarely been provided by Everton boss David Moyes in recent months, a fact that the midfielder-cum-striker admitted partial responsibilty for.

But it was the McLeish factor that made him the second most expensive signing in the Blues' history behind £6.25m forward Emile Heskey four years ago. "It wasn't a tough decision," he said, "because as soon as I knew Alex McLeish was interested and he showed the levels of commitment he did, it was easy for me.

"The first attraction was the manager - because I have worked with him before and know what to expect. He seemed to get the best out of me when I played for Scotland and hopefully he can continue to do that on a weekly basis. He instils a lot of confidence in you and a lot of belief which are the main qualities I think he has.

"The experience I had with him at Scotland was great and he did well for me. To pay that sort of money for me was massive and just shows how much he wanted me and hopefully I can repay him."

"It is a big challenge and a chance to play regularly and hopefully I can rise to it."

McFadden proved at Goodison that he was capable of playing the starring role when called upon. But he did leave with a tinge of regret, feeling that he may not have always have been given a fair crack of the whip. He added: "I thought I did all right at Everton when I played. Some games I did play poorly and deserved to be left out but I thought there were times I didn't deserve to be left out. That was because I was filling in.

"It was a great experience for me at Everton - I learned a lot and improved greatly as a player in my time there. But at the same time it was an opportunity missed because I would have loved to have been playing every week and been a part of the success they had."

McLeish was almost gushing. Along with the signing of David Murphy, for £1.5m from Hibs, Birmingham have shown a level of ambition to stay in the top flight that was being questioned by their supporters.

"He is a player who is not fazed," said Birmingham's delighted boss, "I don't think he is frightened of anything or what he may face. He is a cocky type of Scot who has the confidence you would want to see in a player.

"Sometimes in Scotland we put ourselves down a wee bit and we shouldn't. We tried to get the nation on a confident high and people like McFadden really helped the Scottish nation to be positive and support the national team right until the really last minute of the last qualifying campaign.

"He is the type of person who makes Scots feel good about themselves. He is high in self-esteem. He has had great years at Everton and other times when he has felt he has had to leave.

"Now is the time for that. He can play anywhere along the front four. He would like to play through the middle.

"If you asked him that would probably be his favourite position. He works extremely hard. On the left side for Everton the other week against Chelsea he was outstanding in his workrate and technical ability because he caused Chelsea problems all game.

"After that goal for Scotland the James McFadden website and fan club went into meltdown. The guys who score the goals are the guys who normally take the glory.

"He is not just someone who can score the goals though, he can make things happen. He is the type of player you know you are going to get everything from for 90 minute.

"He is a fantastic age, he has had his initiation at Everton and is now for me a definite Premier League player.

"When he has come into the side I am not so sure anyone has looked as good as him.

"Birmingham have signed big players before and had some huge names his before like (Christophe) Dugarry. There have been some terrific signings over the years and hopefully this is another one.

"The most important thing for me is to get a foothold in the Premier League – not only this year in the coming years too. James has four or five years ahead of him and we have other good young lads in the team.

"He would want to come to play regular first-team football. He can see what we are trying to do here and it is about taking up challenges.

"People told me when I took up the Scotland job I was on a hiding to nothing but we proved them wrong.

"If people think James has gone sideways hopefully in three or four years he will be saying that was the right decision for me.

"He knows me as a manager through Scotland and it is my job to best the out of any player in the squad and the team."

Birmingham have had a 3 million rising 5.5million (on the never ever) bid rejected.

I don't know whether the club are holding out for more money or if they want Mcfadden to stay.

http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5i-...bhm6suVpr8Uq45A

Hang on .. am I behind the thread topic ... but I thought they had signed him for 5.57 million. Just watched a vid of him saying he wants to help them stay up.

Apologies if I'm behind the times!

Okay.. fast forward.. just read the later threads... sorry!

Edited by Toffeecat

All the best to faddy, I think its a good deal all round. Those flashes of brilliance were just too far apart. As a few have said, he is an honest pro, that sort of attitude will always be missed

Good luck to him

LOOK AT US THOUGH actually selling players for more than we paid