IGNORED

Everton Want To Sell Goodison Park's Naming Rights

Louis

EVERTON to sell naming rights to new home

Everton will no longer play at Goodison Park even if they stay at their home since 1892.

Club bosses are set to sell the naming rights of the new Blues home and current shirt sponsors Chang are front-runners for the honour, with a figure of £40million being touted for a 10-year deal.

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/sport/columnists/themole/

The Chang Arena? No thanks. And certainly not for £40M. If that figure is true, I'm starting to become more than a little concerned at how alarmingly little we appear to be able to generate through corporate sponsorship than the likes of Tottenham for example. Same with the shirt sponsorship deal, I believe Spurs' is worth £34M, ours £8M and thats a 45% increase!

It's worrying if Wyness and Co. haven't sought to address this and if the likes of Terry Leahy have anything at all to contribute, surely this would be a frequent topic for discussion? We already struggle to compete and this sort of thing doesn't bode well at all. I'm open to the idea of GP having a name change as we have to live in the real world but not under these terms.

So after 10yrs if chang decide to pull out of the stadium deal where does that leave us? We could end up changing name every 10yrs. I suppose this is the case with the emirates and reebok etc etc etc but this is the part i don't like. We need a name that will stick around for another 100yrs!

It's interesting that the club are looking at this option, it seems to raise doubts over their original stadium move.

Maybe the club are looking to redevelop Goodison and then change it's name to something like Chang-Everton Park in the future. This has happened at other clubs when a stadium has been knocked down and completely rennovated.

The Chang men seem to like the phrase Chang-Everton, that's what they named a thai football academy and a village in thailand that was destroyed by an eathquake.

The Chang Arena? No thanks. And certainly not for £40M. If that figure is true, I'm starting to become more than a little concerned at how alarmingly little we appear to be able to generate through corporate sponsorship than the likes of Tottenham for example.

Actually, £40M (roughly $80 mil American) for a ten-year naming rights deal is very good, especially if they're talking about putting it on the old stadium. In fact, $8 mil a year is better than every current naming rights deal in the US except one, and all of our biggest deals are attached to brand new stadiums (and run for 20 or 30 years, so they'll be worth a lot less at the end). On your side of the pond I know it's nowhere near as good as Arsenal's £134M for 15 years (£8.9M per year), but Arsenal is a much bigger brand name worldwide than we are and - again - the stadium is brand spanking new, so to a corporation those two factors make the deal worth plunking down a whole lot more. Bolton just extended their deal with Reebok - I can't find anything that says what the extension was worth, but the original deal signed in 1997 was for £3M over 10 years (£300,000 per year).

I also like that the deal is only for ten years, because it gives us a chance to really enhance our value. If over the next decade we

a)have another golden age wherein we

b)win a couple of trophies and

c)maybe a championship, and also

d)continue to market ourselves worldwide in places like Thailand, the US, and elsewhere (aided by our success on the field, of course), and

e)most importantly (for enhancing the value of naming rights, anyway), get ourselves a brand new, state-of-the-art stadium

Then we could be looking at a massive increase in value for the next naming rights deal when this one expires.

It's interesting that the club are looking at this option, it seems to raise doubts over their original stadium move.

Maybe the club are looking to redevelop Goodison and then change it's name to something like Chang-Everton Park in the future. This has happened at other clubs when a stadium has been knocked down and completely rennovated.

The Chang men seem to like the phrase Chang-Everton, that's what they named a thai football academy and a village in thailand that was destroyed by an eathquake.

I like the sounds of that because that means not going to Kirkby. But no matter what our homes called it will always be Goodison to the fans and to history. Only problem where would we play if we knocked down Goodison?

EVERTON to sell naming rights to new home

Everton will no longer play at Goodison Park even if they stay at their home since 1892.

Club bosses are set to sell the naming rights of the new Blues home and current shirt sponsors Chang are front-runners for the honour, with a figure of £40million being touted for a 10-year deal.

[url=http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/sport/columnists/themole/]http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/sport/columnists/themole/[/url]

dont believe it i wont believe it until BK says otherwise