IGNORED

Hibbo & Ossie

Bill

I'm amazed you think that about Ossie. The only way he'd not be a regular first teamer for me would be if we went down the "buy fucking everyone regardless of price" Liverpool, Newcastle and Chelsea road. Even if we had the money to go that road I wouldn't want to take it.

That's not to say he's an automatic selection on every teamsheet (Howard, Yobo, Lescott and Arteta are the only current players on that list imo) but massively important squad member for sure. Hibbo also to a lesser extent and the example that it sets the youth teams to have these guys up there is priceless (with Vic and JV as younger examples).

Not a bad thing for the club to have them on the books but it does scare me a little that Moes sees them as first teamers long term.

Mike i have to agree With Goldfish, Ossie is a good player but in the long term for us to compete with top4 we will need better quality than him.

Everton_worshiper Great Post :D

gr8 have them signed down. i always believe u need a few of the lads who come threw the ranks in are team.

think moyes feels the same, it's just that they can show the people who come in, how much the team is ment round here.

i know your slaggin hibbo off a bit but his recent form reminds me of when he first came in the team. been really impressed.

osman is a starter for me, i honestly think he has another level to him. one thing he is a bit small, but he is full of heart, works his socks off!

Hibbert is a great option at RB when there's serious defending task to be done. He's done well against Petrov and Palacios last two games. However, if it's a team we want to push on against from the flanks he's really just about useless. AJ seems to know where he'll put the ball every time but so does every player on the other team. If he's got someone (Manny) in the midfield to easily dump it to though I can see him being important for a while.

Osman seems to have come leaps and bounds from last year where he couldn't buy a goal. I know yesterday was his first game back off injury but that missed volley just seemed like painful deja vu. I"m sure he'll come good though and I'd be a bit surprised if we didn't see some interest coming in for him.

I'm amazed you think that about Ossie. The only way he'd not be a regular first teamer for me would be if we went down the "buy fucking everyone regardless of price" Liverpool, Newcastle and Chelsea road. Even if we had the money to go that road I wouldn't want to take it.

That's not to say he's an automatic selection on every teamsheet (Howard, Yobo, Lescott and Arteta are the only current players on that list imo) but massively important squad member for sure. Hibbo also to a lesser extent and the example that it sets the youth teams to have these guys up there is priceless (with Vic and JV as younger examples).

Spot on for me Mike.

Osman has been brilliant this season. I've had my doubts of him in the past but hes really proved himself to be a good little player. Maybe Moyes will bring better quality but even if hes dropped to the bench hes got enough quality to push new players for a place in midfield.

Hibbert is a great defensive right back, for some reason he cant do it going foward, i dont see why a premiership footballer cant cross a ball but no one could knock his defensive attributes. For me hes worth keeping around, hes not bad cover and will always give 110%.

Osman seems to be improving, and would find a place in most prem teams.Nearlly scored a great goal against Wigan, down on the chest and volley!under pressure...and only just wide.The lads done good this season.Through the youth ranks, maybe his best is still to come.

Hibbert, had a rough time!maybe only average prem quality!....Have you seen how much average prem players cost :o ......He's not exactly old, confidence will return.Through the youth ranks.....probably worth a risk!

For the record I rate & like Ossie as a player and have defended him on here and in grounds accross the country on many occasions. He is a good addition to the squad as long as Moyes understands players of his ability should be the base line for ability within the squad not the upper end of the scale.

As for Hibbo he also has been a fave' of mine in the past (I like the home grown lads who play with heart) also but since he got that bug he's never been the same. Besides I think he would be one of those players who should we continue our spending & squad building will fall below the standards required even at full strength.

They signed the new contracts in November.

BEEN TALKING SINCE NOVEMBER, but only just signed..................

"Negotiations with the duo have been ongoing since November but Osman insisted there was never any doubt the new deals would be agreed".

excellent news imo. Keeping some homegrown players is important imo, as ensures there is pride in the team and inspiration to the junior members of the squad to follow in their footsteps. Osman has ability, no question, and in midfield it seems he is starting to shine - whether he is first choice or not he'll always be there or thereabouts and we need to keep hold of him. I am a Hibbert fan, ok some of his performances have dipped over the last 12-18 months, I think a lot of it is due to the fans getting on his back, leading him to play with a lot of fear on occasions. When backs are to the wall Hibbert very rarely lets anyone down, he very rarely gets beaten down the wing, is solid in the tackle, would go through a brick wall to stop a goal and when we have decent players in midfield he is a lot better going forward than usual. Neville has proven himself to be first choice at the moment, but if Hibbert can regain his confidence then he is excellent cover and I for one would love to see him succeed. For my money he used to be one of the best RB's in the country, all he needs is a bit of confidence and some quality in midfield to give him an out ball. Well done Moyes.