IGNORED

Alternative site could receive triple station boost

Louis

Firstly, apologies for dredging this ol' thread back up but the loop excites me. Something to do with squeezing into a tight space really does it for me. ;)

Joking aside... I really believe that this could be fantastic. I remember how SFX were partners for Kings Dock because they wanted to make a world class arena with us, I wonder whether they'd still be interested ? In the words of Newcastle's manager "I would love it".. the Liverpool Echo Arena is 10,000 all seater.. our stadium will be at least 55,000 seater, that's over twice the size of G-Mex in Manchester. We could pull in the best acts around and have the world class stadium we (well... I) have been longing for.

I've also discovered that there are plans for several more railway stations on the Northern line, two include - Vauxhall and Scotland Road. In the words of Keith Wyness "this will be the best served stadium for transportation in the North West".

excitement over.

I thinkit is an interesting topic.

There are plans afoot to relay and reactivate the railway line in Waterloo Tunnel which means there will be three extra local stations to the loop site.

Vauxhall (Central Dock) on the Northern line (Kirkby, Ormskirk, Southport and Central/Hunts Cross)

Between Edge Hill and Vauxhall station:

Scotland Road (opposited JMU)

London Road (Norton Street)

loopsiteab3.png

So much potential for that site.

My opinion on the loop is if the stadium can fit it's go go go!

The cost of building will be more, much more but realistically it's worth it IMO.

Its been quoted as 11 acres compared to Goodisons 7 acres so i dont see why it wont fit, all the transport problems, access roads and parking worries will fall in line with the Re-generation of the Area which is now next in line after the city centre facelift.

Personally I think if we cant rebuild Goodison Pk the Loop has to be the place for the stadium, ideally situated and will draw more sponsorship than anywhere else.

Everyone seems to be thinking that the stadium has to fit within the loop island, according to the picture released by Keioc (they should know seeing as it is their scheme) indicate that the site needs to be lemon shaped with a platform over the road for pedestrians.

loopwalkfp6.png

A close-up of the loop for anybody thats not familiar with it, I have actually been on that site and the Bestway Warehouse is almost as big as Goodison Pk yet it only takes up half the site. Can see the shape your talking about Louis, it would overspill into the Carpark at top right. Think it would need at least six access footways, 3 on scotty road side and 3 on St anne st side.

That whole area from Islington to Everton Valley and across from Great Homer St to Scotty Road is the next phase for re-generation, To me its obviously the place to go to benefit the Club and the supporters.

MWSnap049.jpg

The potential alone of having a stadium right on the city centre outskirts excites me so much I can't understand the people questioning it. Yes it's unproven, yes it will cost more but it's worth it we could maximise our earning potential and coap with the increased costs.

The difference will be in the stature of Everton FC on the world stage, we can be that team from outside Liverpool or we can be in your face a major part of Liverpool city centre. I want the best and whats on offer at Kirkby is not the best its settling for second rate, out of town, retail park development when one of the best citys in the world grows better just down the road.

Bill - "Clearly it’s possible to lift the stadium design for Kirkby (or one like it) and drop it onto Goodison or the loop site – and in my heart as a fan, it looks nice." - Sir Terry Leahy

He then follows that up with "But unless the club is offered a concrete proposal to own a £150 million stadium for around £35 million investment by Everton, and delivered by 2010 / 11 then I’m afraid it is not a realistic option."

"But unless the club is offered a concrete proposal to own a £150 million stadium for around £35 million investment by Everton,"

:o :o Are they still under the impression that a CHEAP and NASTY Stadium (£150 million), is only going to cost us £35 million.

They would'nt even be able to put 50.000 seats in for that little amount. How are they still coming out with these fairy tales. :angry:

There will be a lot of people out there who beleive that we will be spending £35million on a new stadium. It's one major PR campaign at the moment.

I've been told the KEIOC campaign have a few tricks up their sleeve.

Incidentally, the new Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport is an Evertonian and a KEIOC supporter which may be a kick in the teeth for the Kirkby plans.

There will be a lot of people out there who beleive that we will be spending £35million on a new stadium. It's one major PR campaign at the moment.

I've been told the KEIOC campaign have a few tricks up their sleeve.

Incidentally, the new Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport is an Evertonian and a KEIOC supporter which may be a kick in the teeth for the Kirkby plans.

You've been told? Well that makes sense seeing as you're part of it lol. :P