Sign in to follow this  
Lower Gwladys

Again!

another half tome without any ale!!!!

normal service will be resumed at the city game.

Yeah FUCK OFF

what kenwright couldnt be arsed buyin some more supplies.

again only the lower gwladys (booing was class wen read out)

another half tome without any ale!!!!

normal service will be resumed at the city game.

Yeah FUCK OFF

what kenwright couldnt be arsed buyin some more supplies.

again only the lower gwladys (booing was class wen read out)

There will be murder at the City game just to prove a point so stock up early and be ready for a total ale ban for the rest of the season.

Why, so the bizzies can show us they are in charge and our pushover club wont fight our corner, instead the'll make a loss of £24 per game from me and my brother!

Whatever you say officer :) want to put ur stick up my arse now or later?

If you act like halfwit schoolkids,THROWING ALE OVER EACH OTHER, what do you expect. ?????

if the away supporters did that, you would want them thrown out the ground and banned.

Time to grow up and behave responsibly methinks. <_<

toffeelicker its called pasion for your club

just because the park end now only serve the finest wine and champagne dont think you can critisise the gwladys boys.

and who says the away supporters dont throw ale. i will never know and i am guessing you dont know!!!

toffeelicker its called pasion for your club

TTTTTTTTTTTTT

If i was hanging about havin a pint or a bovril and got drenched in ale, being thrown about by a gang of halfwits, I wouldnt be best pleased.

Dont see how that can be called passion for your club, i would call it stupidity, and would hope the police would apply the same rules as they would if the away supporters did the same.

DOUBT IF ANYONE IS AS PASSIONATE ABOUT THIS CLUB AS I AM, BUT I DONT GO AROUND CHUCKING BEER OVER EVERYONE. AND IF THAT CONTINUES I HOPE THE CLUB KEEPS THE BAN IN PLACE.

TTTTTTTTTTTTT

If i was hanging about havin a pint or a bovril and got drenched in ale, being thrown about by a gang of halfwits,  I wouldnt be best pleased.

Dont see how that can be called passion for your club, i would call it stupidity, and would hope the police would apply the same rules as they would if the away supporters did the same.

DOUBT IF ANYONE IS AS PASSIONATE ABOUT THIS CLUB AS I AM,  BUT I DONT GO AROUND CHUCKING BEER OVER EVERYONE. AND IF THAT CONTINUES I HOPE  THE CLUB KEEPS THE BAN IN PLACE.

I'll drink to that :D

you have to witness it before you judge.

Everton football club are known for the good support the club has.

whats the point in the fans standin downstairs with a cup of tea, the times newspaper and discussin politics.

i know i would rather have people singin dancin and havin a laugh. and if that means the fans throwin ale in the air then so be it.

you need to get a ticket for the lower gwladys mate before you start slaggin off

Cant really see what your trying to defend.

If there was abig crew of you all singing Everton songs and havin a laugh then that would be passion for the club.

Jumpin around throwing ale like a chav bast'ard isn't, apart from the fact it could be intimidating to some and spoil others halftime enjoyment

I hope they ban it for the rest of the season

why anyone would waste ale that they have PAID for beats me.

If i was in that area of the ground and got covered in somebody elses beer, i would not call it passion, more damn right rudeness

Sort it out :angry:

Guest fozzie22
Passion for your club = throwing beer :rolleyes:

Don't quite get that one..

yesssss

maybe thats how the kids in the hood behave nowadays

in other words grow up!!

Simple really....Evertonian's or not 99% of ADULT's, self included, if say were to have ale thrown all over me by some stupid lil prick...Then I no ide wnat to short the lil tossa wif a sharp clip around ear.

Again simple, those that be, can see it ending with this kind of thing happening & have banned the Ale.

Very Juvenile to even try to defend, but youw erent thier etc.

Again simple logic, it has been banned before the decent folk start to can the halfwits.

well you can ohh ye the ale throwing is fun, but then if Everton didnt do something they would be punnished for allowing it to happen. then before i go into the rant about health and safety, simply put;

Beer = Slippey to walk on.

Slippey = Increased chance of falling

Falling = Dangerous.

Anyway ye i already pay £2.70 a pint as it is. wouldnt want to drench some1 else with it.

None of you have got a clue what your talking about!! It aint a load of lads throwing beer at eachother at all and unless you have been involved then you have no place to judge.

All the lads who want to sing and have a laff at the match but cant anymore because of all seater stadiums and ticket allocations meet downstairs at half time. We sing Everton songs (not Murderers or shields songs) the favorite being "Oh when the blues......." we jump up and down and get the whole place rocking. Everyone laughs and smiles and half the people video the whole experience for a much treasured momento of a fantastic day / night.

The beer throwing antics i fear you have all taken out of context and please excuse me if you where present and still disapproved. The beer was first thrown and is only thrown now when Merseyside Police's finest start the typicaly heavy handed tactics they enjoy using so much, it is thrown at them.

Its as simple as this, we all sing and enjoy ourselves and the police try to bully us by being threatening, violent and making arests for no reason whatsoever. Granted we should "respect" the authorities and listen to what they have to say but how would everyone else act if a Police officer with several collegues all armed with those 3 foot wooden sticks steamed into you, slapped a few people around and then arrested anyone who dares complain?

If the police stayed in the seats until the end of half time and then came down to clear everyone as they did in the derby i garentee there would be no arrests, no violence and very minimal liquid spillage! However they choose to bully us because they want complete control of us mere paying customers as we are as worthless to them as the smack fiend mugging an old lady for her pension.

This is my club, i pay for my ticket and i have a right to sing songs with my freinds at half time. If i see a so called "officer of the law" bullying and beating on anyone two feet away from me i'm sorry but thats where my pint and anything else i can lay my hands on is headed! It is a disgrace that we are treated like this and it is a disgrace that the older members of this forum and Everton's support in general cannot see what is happening.

We are being controled and for what reason?

If i had a beard, brown skin, a hook for a hand and i was telling people to kill everyone who wasnt a muslim i'd be allowed to speak! But if i sing a football song i am arested how the fuck does that work?

Goldfish, try doing the same in a nightclub. :blink:

Just because you paid to enter doesnt mean you can do as you please, if you were acting in a orderly manner nobody would bother you.

Dont want to get into a slanging match but you ask...."We are being controlled and for what reason?".........probs because it did get out of control.

I've been in the gladys st end on a weds night cup replay with 75.000 in that ground, and the only police you could see was half a dozen sitting on the running track........ no probs.

These days with only half that amount in the Ground they need ten time the amount of police/stewards, does it tell you anything about the younger generation.??? :rolleyes:

PS....Lower Gwladys.....I stood screaming my head off behind the Glwadys goal BEFORE YOU WHERE BORN, and when EFC has been part of your life for 50 years, come back and talk to me about your passion for the Club. ;)

Goldfish,  try doing the same in a nightclub. :blink:

Just because you paid to enter doesnt mean you can do as you please, if you were acting in a orderly manner nobody would bother you.

Dont want to get into a slanging match but you ask...."We are being controlled and for what reason?".........probs because it did get out of control.

I've been in the gladys st end on a weds night cup replay with 75.000 in that ground, and the only police you could see was half a dozen sitting on the running track........ no probs.

These days with only half that amount in the Ground they need ten time the amount of police/stewards, does it tell you anything about the younger generation.??? :rolleyes:

PS....Lower Gwladys.....I stood screaming my head off behind the Glwadys goal BEFORE YOU WHERE BORN, and when EFC has been part of your life for 50 years, come back and talk to me about your passion for the Club.  ;)

As always licker you make a fair point but please dont compare your youth following Everton with ours.

Better behaved fans through the seventies & eighties than now? I think not!

Besides my point was that the general trend of this thread was that we were all being yobs throwing ale, which i would agree with had it been true. However it was not we sang and enjoyed ourselves and the police got heavy handed, had they not we would have drank our ale and then made our way to our seats.

Treat people like dogs and they are going to act like dogs!

i think ive sed before but me mate was standin with the rest of that lads avin a laugh (not throwin ale, just avin a laff) when he was collared by a police officer, me mate said what ya doin ya prick and was thrown out the ground, then punched by someone of the 'law'

ok maybe the prick bit got him the smack but is it really a wonder why ale is thrown at them?!

i think ive sed before but me mate was standin with the rest of that lads avin a laugh (not throwin ale, just avin a laff) when he was collared by a police officer, me mate said what ya doin ya prick and was thrown out the ground, then  punched by someone of the 'law'

ok maybe the prick bit got him the smack but is it really a wonder why ale is thrown at them?!

My point exactly the police action was not a reult of the ale throwing, the ale flew as a result of the police thuggery!

Feckin bullys :angry:

Problem is the youth of today just don't know how to behave!! Treat your ale with respect and it'll look after you, don't go wasting it on the constables (not least of all 'cos your grannies council tax pays for their dry cleaning bill). Good grief we'd never have thrown a drink at the bizzies in my day...ripped out seating yes but never ale :D .

Did you all go down(pardon) at the games with no ale and sing in protest?

No!

Exactly my point if we were trying to cause trouble we would have been there in our hundreds just to cause some bother but as we were just avin a laff while enjoying a half time pint there seemed no point :( Beside the fact that at half time in the Arsenal game there was 2 doors open in the glad with riot vans outside and lines of bizzies (with those sticks) waiting to eject and no doubt beat on anyone cheeky enough to sing a football song at the match.

What realy pisses me off about this situation is at the city game the police are going to be overly heavy handed and alot of innocent people are going to suffer because Merseyside Police need to feel superior. There will be multiple arrests just to prove a point and that is un called for!

Just cant help thinking theres no smoke without fire

Think thats a lot of trouble for the police to go to over a sing song I've been involved in a few in the past. Despite you youngsters thinking otherwise

SOMETHING MUST have sparked it off and if its a question of the police picking on someone then getting pelted with beer becasue of it, I think your on a loosing battle

Following this thread with interest, I wasn't there so it is impossible to comment on the event itself. Is it a case of the cozzers being heavyhanded in order to flex their muscles as an example to others to toe the line?, or are they just being c*nts and the young cozzers are fed up of listening to the older ones about how they used to battle 500 on the Park and have decided to stir things up?.

Paying the money we do, makes us paying customers, the police are paid by the club, we pay the club, so the coppers work for us. Unless there was violence there is no need for them to behave like pigs ( :P ).

Just a thought.

ATB

Mac

Following this thread with interest, I wasn't there so it is impossible to comment on the event itself.  Is it a case of the cozzers being heavyhanded in order to flex their muscles as an example to others to toe the line?, or are they just being c*nts and the young cozzers are fed up of listening to the older ones about how they used to battle 500 on the Park and have decided to stir things up?.

Paying the money we do, makes us paying customers, the police are paid by the club, we pay the club, so the coppers work for us.  Unless there was violence there is no need for them to behave like pigs ( :P ).

Just a thought.

ATB

Mac

erm....if you need a pint that much that you feel the need to moan about it and write about it on here, then you have a serious problem! :D

ITS one pint at half time...get over it!

sorry i havent been replying of late been away to the lakes wiv the college.

to answer any questions im 18 and who gives a fuck about how old you are and the passion you have for the club. just cos you have been there an done that dont mean you have the right to judge fellow evertonians.

you talk about passion for the club: i know a 13 yr old kid who sits infront of me (an a bit to the left) who has been to every single league and cup game since he was eight. he has sacrified his school for the club he loves. i think in a way that is passion. he and his dad (yes not a youth) are involved in the atmosphere downstairs.

Another thing i would like to point out. if a youth was to walk down a street and punch an old woman in the face it would make headline news.

if a middle aged man was to walk down the street and shoot a old woman it would probably get a short coloum in the middle of the paper.

Discrimination against youths????

i understand your point mate, but there is never an excuse for throwing ale or anything else at the police. What will it acheive??

and a further point, matchday police act on the advice of the stadium manager. with the use of CCTV they anticipate problems and 'move in' accordingly.

As pointed out, why would the police (who of course can be 'over zealous' in their handling of trouble) move in for no apparent reason ??

the minority can ruin it for the majority

its true about youths these days, we are being pointed out to be all bad behaving thugs yet id say 80% of us aren't. I was at the millwall match when i stood up and yelled "OMG ref r ya blind?" and a plod told me to sit down and shut up or be thrown out the ground, yet a man about 50ish was f-in nd blindin yet nothing was said to himand he was 2 rows infront. I agree that beer is for drinkin not thrownin but we are allowed the right to free speach rnt we not? well we should be allowed to sng and shout what we want!

the main problem there is that the police find it easier to try and intimidate an 18 yr old , rather than a 50 yr old.

By doing so they look like they are controlling the crowd, but in reality the are taking the easy way out

Football fans and Police go together like Gary Glitter and a nursery - BAD MIX

They both provoke each other, but the simple fact is that you can't win by shouting/screaming/throwing anything at the police, so why bother??

Another thing i would like to point out. if a youth was to walk down a street and punch an old woman in the face it would make headline news.

if a middle aged man was to walk down the street and shoot a old woman it would probably get a short coloum in the middle of the paper.

Discrimination against youths????

You don't do your argument any favours saying ridiculous things like that..

This thread is turning silly now for two reasons as far as i can see,

1) The younger people are struggling for the language to explain themselves correctly.

2) The older people are blinded by preconceptions of youth and the "throwing ale" remark.

The facts are police brutality lead to an us throwing alea at them and if you consider that as yobbish behavior please ask yourselves what would have happened in the same situation 20 years ago? IMO the police would have been steamed and the inocent people they where beating and aresting for no reason freed!

What this discussion needs is someone older who was in the glad at the time to give their opinion on weather this was a case of youth misbehaving or police overeaction and insightment.

Any takers?

Think we all need to get over the 'no ale' at half time situation.

It really aint a big deal - you manage to get one pint in, two at most (if lucky) - what does that one pint actually acheive - status?! because it certainly wont get you pissed!

If you threw beer over me, I would be pretty annoyed and would probably punch you. If I had the power to punish you further, I probably would.

So whether it is an over reaction or insightment or whatever from the police, the fans still should not have thrown beer over the cops.

What was the point, they are not going to smile happily as they ge drenched - they are going to get their own back!!!

Its ONE pint FFS - lets get real here. Stop moaning about it - its a privelage that was taken away for reasons of stupidity on the fans part. Get over it.

Time to let it drift away methinks, we have all put forward our suggestions/excuses/ideas and thoughts, and its been a good open debate, but like a marriage..................it can go on a bit too long. :D:D

I couldnt care less if they served ale or not what i care about is that the police are using bullying tactics and intimidation to control the fans. The reason for this i dont know our only crime as far as i can see is having the audacity to sing at the match!!

As previously stated the ale was thrown because of the first arest which i was 2 feet away from. A 17yr old lad was dancing 2 feet infront of the singing crowd not even looking at the police when two of them slammed him to the ground and then they did that one on each arm, one on each leg and one on the head move usualy reserved for 18 stone lunatics.

Prey on the straglers, its a shithouse trick and they did it to prove a point. The point they dont want us to sing downstairs because if anything was to happen they wouldnt see it or be able to control it! They are happy for us all to stand and drink in quiet but if we sing at the match then 5 grown men are going to beat a 17 year old lad in front of you to show you they are in control.

I spoke to the lad who was arested first the next week and he told me he had the shit kicked out of him in the bizzie van 3 times by different groups of police! What did he do? Stray from the pack was his only crime!

I ask you all if it were your son, younger brother, nephew etc would you still be on the "oficers of the law" side?

Cheers Gwladys .... a nice discussion tho. ;)

Its good to air your views and discuss them, thats what the forums are for.

And a good lively debate never hurt anyone. :P

Licker.

Yep & as is the "Toffeetalk way we Agree to Disagree & move on.

Youthfull exuberance V's Miserable dont no how to have funny anymore arl asses...Is the general context & is a debate as old as the ages.

Yep & as is the "Toffeetalk way we Agree to Disagree & move on.

Youthfull exuberance V's Miserable dont no how to have funny anymore arl asses...Is the general context  & is a debate as old as the ages.

Who are you calling a...

"Miserable dont no how to have funny anymore arl asses..."

...me? OK..fair point :lol: .

"Miserable dont no how to have funny anymore arl asses..."

Reckon i fall into the "arl arse" catergory, but i still like a laugh. :D:D

New thread topic...."Do Arl asses really still no how to have fun".

Im on the cusp I spose, arl ass to some, not so to others. ( Though am pushing closer to 40 then 35.. :o ..these days)

Spose ill be down their with all you lot hurling the ale during me next "Mid life crisis", re discovering the yth etc.

Last Mid life crisis ended with me stuck here in the Land of Oz...No complaints like,.

I think I can now officialy call myself an awl arse, 40 years of age and losing my hair. Yes I know how to have fun, I laugh at the Boro fans up here and thank my lucky stars I'm blue.

ATB

Mac

For the record gentlemen we all sung and bounced around at half time yesterday, not quite as much as over past weeks but it happened all the same.

The police tactics where different this week, they stood and watched from a distance, they also never came steaming into us when the game kicked off again. In short we were left to drink, sing, and stand downstairs until we had finished our ale!

Not one pint thrown, no arests and generaly good behaviour proving that when left to our own devices nothing "yobbish" happenes! I hope the bizzies learn from this, incite a group of 15-30 year old men and they will fight back, leave them alone and there is no bother!

We've got our ale back but now we want our tables!!

COYB