IGNORED

Ronaldo. £40m. ?

Bill

How good is this fella. 20 odd goals already for Manure and certainly makes them buzz, i reckon his transfer fee would be in excess of £40 million or more.

I was just thinking that if a billionaire benefactor was to come to our rescue and give us £50 million to spend in the summer, would you spend it all on him or buy several good players to improve the allround strength of the Squad.

Just as an example, some of the players and prices that have been quoted or have been transferred recently............

Anelka...........£15m

Woodgate.......£8 m

Hutton............£8 m

Arshavin........ £8 m

TOTAL £39 million _________________________________ As against the £40 or more million for Ronaldo.

Is it possible for one player to improve your squad more so than 3 or 4 good uns. ? I think not so why did Chelsea Pay 30 million for Shevchenko when they could have got two or three who would have done a better job. How do you see it. ?

40 mil would be money well spent in my book.

The players you mentioned Bill would make a team like us better, yeh fair enough. So i suppose we'd be better off looking at something like that, but bigger teams they already have enough class and a world class player (IMO the best around) in Ronaldo, would just add that extra dimension.

I wouldn't have hutton or woodgate though if I had 40 mil.

Slightly off-topic but in response to jacko and many others, I really dont' see the attraction to Appiah, decent player whos in his prime, and never really set the world alight, not really done much of note, there are better players that we could get.

Yeah i see what your saying about choice of players, those i mentioned were used solely as an example. :)

I did think that they were, I just wanted to point out that even though they are examples, if it was Everton then we have specific needs and I would prefer others.

I'd probably take Ronaldo for 40 mil if we could afford it, suppose thats the big question at the end of it all isn't it, if you can afford him, he's a good signing.

Is it something like 27 goals in 24 games. I mean what the fuck, i never thought that anyone would get close to Dixie's record but ronaldo could get very close (though he will have played more games in more competions but you know)

I agree that Ronanldo is probably the best player in the world at the moment. Just hope it doesn't go to his head to much and he stops improving, that is why he is so good he is constantly improving and most importantly he is starting t mature, the temperment and diving are slowly beeing weened out of his game, They're not gone but they are getting less.. Also The World Player of the Year Award seems to be a curse recently, form falls away as soon as the award is given.

nah, i got in 2 late from the game so i missed MOTD. Fergir was saying in the papers that its the best Free kick hes seen, and ronaldo was saying its the best hes scores and hes scored some good ones so it must have been a blinder.

and now i realise how good hes been this season, worth more than 40 mil?

Jesus Christ, this is just another thread that typifies the ignorant approach to football by most people in this country...

Zidane was worth £46million AFTER he achieved so much in football, an then arguably went on to continue to achieve. So how is this kid worth only £6million less when he's barely out of puberty!!! Ridiculous.

Also, after seeing him choke against Milan last year it is clear that he isn't ready to be a truly world class player. The sooner that kind of pressure is off him, the better, as the kid CAN be THAT good.

Instead, look in the direction of Kaka and see someone who has hit top gear and has an all round game to be in awe of... AND he's not even at his prime yet!

Seriously... what happened to level heads? :mellow:

Jesus Christ, this is just another thread that typifies the ignorant approach to football by most people in this country...

Dont get carried away Calico its you that needs to keep a level head, if you go to the start of the thread its about whether four players could enhance your team better than one for the same price, the amount of money is immaterial and just used as an example, it could have been £100 million, but the theme of the thread is still the same.

Would 4 players better your team more so than one.

Who's showing their ignorance, and whats happened to level heads ey. ??

I think I would like to see 4 x £10MIL players instead of a one off ronaldo type player

Although 10 mil doesnt buy a lot this season when you see some of the defenders going for near that amount

I like the old addage of "Dont put all your eggs in one basket"

If he got injured for manure or has big dip in form he would be a big loss, but they have players of a similar calibre in rooney or tevez, gigs who can do the biz

Imageing having £40 mil this summer and we brought in 4 players, it would help take us to a nother level

Ronaldo!.....Brilliant player, could even get better.

BUT, I would have thought that 4 £10million players would be more use than one £40 million man!Who CAN be injured, could lose form or could be marked out of a game if he played in a team who didn't carry plenty of other threats!....Would I like him at Everton of course!

Do we need rescuing by a man with £50million to spend?.......Well if it goes as well as the rescuing attempt across the park........MR Kenwright would be wise to decline.

Dont get carried away Calico its you that needs to keep a level head, if you go to the start of the thread its about whether four players could enhance your team better than one for the same price, the amount of money is immaterial and just used as an example, it could have been £100 million, but the theme of the thread is still the same.

Would 4 players better your team more so than one.

Who's showing their ignorance, and whats happened to level heads ey. ??

Yeah, when people are praising Ronaldo like he is Gods gift to football then my little rant pales in comparison surely? Just post after post of awe.

I was ignorant in terms of ignoring the main use of the thread, but the ignorance in footballing terms showed by others concerned me more. Sorry.