IGNORED

Karl Sheppard

Everton have beaten off interest from Spurs, Glasgow Celtic, Boro, Southampton, Portsmouth, Derby, Palace and Forest to sign 16 year old Ireland youth international Karl Sheppard from Shelbourne for an undisclosed fee (believed to be around £100k)..

The Portmarnock born striker is expected to complete his dream move in the week which will see him join fellow countrymen and international team mates Ger Kinsella and Jay Wallace in the Everton academy. Incidentally this means that all the scorers in the final of the recent Montaigue tournament which Ireland won for the first time in it's history are now Everton players.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_5657919,00.html

Torquay have taken Everton youngster Karl Sheppard on trial, skysports.com understands. The League Two club have asked to have a look at Sheppard in training ahead of a possible loan move to Plainmoor.

Everton beat a host of clubs to sign highly-rated Sheppard from Shelbourne in the summer of 2007.

The 18-year-old is currently a member of Everton's Academy side and he is believed to have impressed since arriving on Merseyside.

Torquay are now considering a loan move for the former Republic of Ireland Under 16 and Under 17 international.

If Sheppard impresses Gulls boss Paul Buckle in training he could decide to sign the talented striker on loan to bolster his squad.

will be good for the kid to get some league experience, so long as he doesnt get injured....

Agreed, you can have (and need) as much coaching and training as you want, but there is nothing to beat competetive experience.

Edited by iggy

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That's unfortunate. I always like to see young Irish players do well. Did any of you see him play?

Saw him captain, I think, the 18s in a friendly in the summer. Wasnt' anything stand out if i'm honest. Lewis Codling was better and i'd imagine he'll be gone soon aswell.

• 3 weeks later...