IGNORED

Jfk Moments..

MikeO

I was thinking about this last night...JFK moments for people who don't remember where they were when JFK was shot..

I have some fairly obvious ones...

Maggie Thatcher resigning...walking through Wimbledon Park tube station.

September 11th...on the way to pick up my son from school passed a TV shop window.

EFC v Wimbledon 7/5/94 second half...pacing my parents garden, too scared to listen to the radio...sneaking up on the ceefax every thirty seconds or so.

Princess Di death...saw Tony Blair on TV looking grim, talking in past sense about someone..I assumed it was the Queen mother.

FA Cup final 1995...bizarre one this. A woman who I was sharing a house with had had some womanly surgery a couple of weeks previous and started bleeding heavily shortly before kick off. Needed taking rapidly to Bristol Maternity Hospital (lived in Wells, Somerset at the time) about twenty-five miles away so I had the choice of letting her bleed to death waiting for an ambulance or taking her myself. Anyway..the JFK moment was Paul Rideouts goal going in...I was driving round a mini roundabout in the centre of Bristol (with the radio on obviously) and I love that roundabout to this day...make a special detour every time I'm in Bristol..er that bit's actually not true.

Got any good ones? Everton related or otherwise?

For example where were you Licker when you heard about the relief of Mafeking? :P

i remember the 2nd half of the Wimbeldon game. I was 16 and it was my first day at my new Staurday job at Burger King in Kingston. I must have finished at 4pm cos i remember finding out we were 2-1 down at half time.

standing on the platform at kingston station when Horne (ohhhhhhh Horne!) scored a screacher, everyone must have thought i was mad as they probabaly didnt realise i had headphones in and it was before the mobile phone days. some crazy kid jumping up and down for no reason going a bit mad.

9/11 - I was in work (i work for an american company), all of a sudden there were the rumours and we all got on the CCN & other news websites, but you couldn't becasue about a billoin other people were

1995 FA cup - Whatchin rideouts score from the tunnel end :)

Wimbledon :angry: , Very angry because in those days I couldnt affort a season ticket( and most of the time you didn't need one APART FROM THIS GAME). I paid in every week, and was getting ready to go and on the radio it said dont bother if you haven't got a ticket. So I listened to it on the radio, which I turned off and went into the street. I remember it was a really sunny day but I was gutted, then this kid about 10 ran out of his house in his Everton kit jumping and shouting.... you know the rest

Diana - :mellow::unsure: - SPOOKY - call Derek Acora, I was actually flying over Paris on the way to Mallorca that night, it was two days later when I noticed all the english papers in the news stand had black tops instead of red :(

Anyway, whatched the funeral in a bar before we flew home the next week. Then, a few weeks later we found out that my wife was expecting. Anyone guess what we called my daugther?

Villa park sunny day back in april '89..think we all know what happened next

I was there, first ever away game (apart from analfied I think, the memory deceives) thought it was 88 though. Or am I thinking of summthing else :blink:

BTW, wwe didnt call me daughter Diana or Paris. Her name is.

MAGALUF

Can recall a cple of mikeo's key dates like yestdy.

95 Cup final: I was in Hospital ( 1st shlder recon) Watched from Bed.

Dianna: I was in Portugal, remember all the fuss like licker, a bit in hols mode & didnt take in 4 a bit what was going on.

9/11 Was down under & got an 11.30pm ph call from Bro ( In Reading of all places)...exclaiming...You better put your fukin televison on...!!!

Guest fozzie22
That must have been a really difficult experience..

It was odd coming home thats for sure

No one said anything in the car till we stopped at the services to phone home and find out what had happened..all the loved ones in the car with where safe thankfully.

Only 2 days later i found out a workmates son had died and a mate a grew up with was in a coma,when i went to anfeild later to see the flowers i think thats when i really started to fall out of love with football.

Something that horricfic puts silly things like a game in perspctive.

I was still playing in them days & was actaully kitting it up when it happend. News filtred through via club house telly & we were all so agahst, shocked, worried for friends & family etc that the match was postponed & we all went home to face what was to become a very grim time indeed.

Didnt loose any one really close, but friend of a friend. firends cousin etc.

However it hit us all really hard & as far as unity goes it must be said this City was all class, all denominations, all walks of life..all pulled together & further showed what a special breed we really alla re.

I can recall walking towards Anfield People everywhere, grown men & their children crying in teh street a passionate public show of grief.

Woo, got tingles then up the spine just recollecting.

I then also burst in to Tears.

9/11 At home watching West Wing late at night... then seeing the news cut in with an 'accident' at the world trade building... then news about the pentagon... then staying up the whole night and on through the morning flicking between all the channels...

'84 FA cup final... the very first time I watched a football match on TV and the very first time I watched an FA cup final; the first time I was old enough to understand what was going on. My father let me stay up late at night to watch it... Was the first time I'd ever heard of Everton. Have been a supporter ever since.

Villa park sunny day back in april '89..think we all know what happened next

I was there, first ever away game (apart from analfied I think, the memory deceives) thought it was 88 though. Or am I thinking of summthing else  :blink:

Ah, I was thinking of the year before when we won the league

Sorry, but that day doesnt have any reminders as I was in the army a long way away and didn't find out till a few days after

Guest fozzie22
Ah, I was thinking of the year before when we won the league

Sorry, but that day doesnt have any reminders as I was in the army a long way away and didn't find out till a few days after

It was '87 we last won the league ;)

Pat van den hauwe what a goal,what a player,hard as a nails and good looking too :o

It was '87 we last won the league ;)

Pat van den hauwe what a goal,what a player,hard as a nails and good looking too :o

The memory aint what is used to be.

That was my first ever away game, I was 15, cant even remember who scored, remember it was 0-1 though, sure Rideout played for villa. think we won the league against Norwich the nxt week

When Lee Carsley Scored THAT goal i..........

WAS On the otherside of the Bloody world :angry:

In singapore, the ESPN Cable had been removed so i couldn't watch it, i finally saw it in march. :o in the mean time i had to endure my dad saying, "ohhhh class goal curled it right in Edge of the box Keeper had no chance, World class" :lol:

The moral

Never go on holiday the day before a derby match.

Guest fozzie22
The memory aint what is used to be.

That was my first ever away game, I was 15, cant even remember who scored, remember it was 0-1 though, sure Rideout played for villa. think we won the league against Norwich the nxt week

My shortterm memory is shot to hell..but i remember the good times :)

Edited by fozzie22

'84 FA cup final... the very first time I watched a football match on TV and the very first time I watched an FA cup final; the first time I was old enough to understand what was going on.  My father let me stay up late at night to watch it... Was the first time I'd ever heard of Everton.  Have been a supporter ever since.

....I got a ticket for the '84 final completely out of the blue(!) the night before. Was playing a Table Tennis match against an Army team in Aldershot and one of the opposition had a spare ticket, for the Everton end, that had been issued to the Army FA. Sold it to me at face value..completely unbelievable!! What a day...just remember being very nervous every time John Barnes got the ball but the joy at the final whistle was indescribable. Watford fans were also very big in defeat, made it an excellent day.

FA Cup final 1995. Was working in a fruit and veg store on saturday mornings and worked til 2pm. My boss was a West ham fan and wouldn't let me leave early so only just got back to the house in time to watch the game. That night was my sisters birthday party in a pub and I managed to get the DJ to keep playing the Everton FA cup final song (all together now) every hour as he was a Arse fan. There was a few UTD fans in there that didn't like it.

Wimbledon. Listened to it on the radio at home and ran up and down the street after Stuart scored the winner screeming at the top of my head.

9/11 Was at work when heard that first plane had hit. Watched on tvs in recep catching all the news.

London bombings. In Tenerife when went over to a shop to get a paper and was told that England had been bomed.

Everton vs Chelsea. can't remember how long ago must be about 14 years ago. The day a new wing of the stand opened. Was only about 11 and saw Everton win 1 nil at Chelsea. Sat in the end that was the old shed (i think thats what it was called). MOTD I am one of the only people jumping up and down when we scored.

Everton VS Spurs. Gary Liniker and Gazza last home game for Spurs. 3 nil down at half time. Sat in the Spurs end. When we score the 3rd goal again am the only one jumping up and down in that end.

Nothing great I am afraid

Guest fozzie22
....I got a ticket for the '84 final completely out of the blue(!) the night before. Was playing a Table Tennis match against an Army team in Aldershot and one of the opposition had a spare ticket, for the Everton end, that had been issued to the Army FA. Sold it to me at face value..completely unbelievable!! What a day...just remember being very nervous every time John Barnes got the ball but the joy at the final whistle was indescribable. Watford fans were also very big in defeat, made it an excellent day.

Went to all the 80's cup finals..great times even though we lost 3 of them