IGNORED

Arguing With Kopites

can anybody help me in my topic of argument involving bill shankly, because i have been told that it is a FACT that he spent his last years watching Everton train after being banished from melwood by bob paisley - i want to know if this is true as the kopites can't take it once brought up

I beleive is is true and am sure someone will post the details

Im sure RICO, (or was it you adam) who used to post on here gave a very well informed and articulate response to an ill informed glory hunting istanbul T-shirt wearing season ticket holding 5-times supports

Come on boys and girls, a friend in need and all that

This is very true, i personally didnt see him at the training ground but the papers of the Day came out with that story, someone might have his book to verify it.

He lived not far from the training ground and he was banned from melwood, or at least told to stay away, cos he always interfered or had something to say.

This thread is a total surprise to me, but what everyone is saying seems to hold water. As a kid I heard rumours that Shanks did go to the EFC training ground but I thought it was bullsh*t.

If it isn't true, it bloody well should be and I feel that we should propogate the myth, just to p*ss the RS off

ATB

Mac

Just asked my dad, ye shankly Did visit Bellefield. what happened was one of the bootroom staff at melwood, Joe Fagan he thinks said, "its not good that you <shankley> be here, as the players are confused over who they should listen to, the new boss or the former boss." so he was welcomed into Bellefield. effectivly bannished yes.

And thats the kind of tolerence that makes us the people's club. :D

Living close to Bellefield ( Everton's training ground ) he would often call in there and join in the training sessions, proving the point that many of his barbed comments about Liverpool's great city rivals were no more than psychological shots across the bows. He would talk to anyone about football, go anywhere to put his boots on again, because in simple terms, he just loved the game.

Aaah... found this quote on a pro-RS website dedicated to BS....

http://www.shankly.com/retirement.htm

Edited by Droobie

Living close to Bellefield ( Everton's training ground ) he would often call in there and join in the training sessions, proving the point that many of his barbed comments about Liverpool's great city rivals were no more than psychological shots across the bows. He would talk to anyone about football, go anywhere to put his boots on again, because in simple terms, he just loved the game.