IGNORED

Amsterdam

FairWooney

Goldy said.........Couldnt imagin you with a joint in one hand and a space cake in the other licker! Or is it the red lights drawing you to the 'Dam.

Part time job, Window Cleaning in the "District". :D:D:D .

The Coffee bars are good fun to relax in. :blink:

The Coffee bars are good fun to relax in.  :blink:

How to look uncool lesson one...

We went into a "coffee shop" but having given up smoking (even cigarettes) five years ago all I had was a coffee while my wife sampled the herbal offerings. Been in five mins when the atmosphere got into my system and I had a spectacular coughing fit...eyes streaming and gasping for breath...on a coffee..how embarrassing... :blink: .

Been twice a few years back. Stayed in the Winston hotel. Heres a link:

http://www.winston.nl/

Think its a hostal, but we paid for our room tho. Dead cheap when we went. Its just off the main road running from central station. The red light district is just round the corner as well. but im not into that kind of thing. :lol:

I was there about five years ago and nearly got ran over by a tram. It was like final destination. That certainly sobered me up. :o

Try the argentinian steak houses, marvellous :)

Me mate got hit by a tram. He was standing at the side when it came up behind him. Clipped his arm. He was alright tho. hes a big lad.

Yeh those argentinian steak houses are great. unlimited ribs! thats all i need to say.

Word of warning tho. stay away from the road with the big fat black pros in. We got offered all 6 of us for 50 euros (dont know how that would have worked!) and if ya too close they'll pull u in to their booth thing. and from experience, ya dont wanna be in there. :blink:

Also, watch for the pick pockets. we noticed a few. but once they know, you know the're there, then get just get off. I just had me hands in me pockets most of the time when walking round at night.

Have a good time!

Been twice a few years back. Stayed in the Winston hotel. Heres a link:

http://www.winston.nl/

Think its a hostal, but we paid for our room tho. Dead cheap when we went. Its just off the main road running from central station. The red light district is just round the corner as well. but im not into that kind of thing.  :lol:

Me mate got hit by a tram. He was standing at the side when it came up behind him. Clipped his arm. He was alright tho. hes a big lad.

Yeh those argentinian steak houses are great. unlimited ribs! thats all i need to say.

Word of warning tho. stay away from the road with the big fat black pros in. We got offered all 6 of us for 50 euros (dont know how that would have worked!) and if ya too close they'll pull u in to their booth thing. and from experience, ya dont wanna be in there.  :blink:

Also, watch for the pick pockets. we noticed a few. but once they know, you know the're there, then get just get off. I just had me hands in me pockets most of the time when walking round at night.

Have a good time!

Oh yes, went up That street and went down an alley that opened up into a court yard with all big black women in

Very scary, but beggars cant be choosers :lol:

Lots of dodgy dude every where, but from experiance, you get that in every larger tourist type city. Just gota be careful and have your wits about you

The usual things

i've got myself a betting target to earn all money required for flights, hotel and spending from football bets! i've got a topic going on the betting site i post on. only £6 up so far but only been going a week. had some early set backs.

not to mention missing out on a £10 win on the accrington game last night becausei didn't enter the bet for some reason! i'm guessing i didn't hit the button to process the bet. :wacko:

Has anyone been to Amsterdam in the last couple of years?

If you have, have you any reccomendations on Cheapish hotels?

i'm going in May

I was there with a gang of friends in October last year and we stayed at the Hotel Luxer. Good location, handy for the station, dam square and the Red Light District, 24 hour bar in hotel - it was great.

Hotel name Hotel Luxer

Country The Netherlands

City Amsterdam

Address Warmoesstraat 11

Tel. +31 (0)20-3303205

Fax +31 (0)20-3303206

Email info@hotelluxer.com

Classification 3 stars plus

Number of rooms 47

Would recommend it to anyone :P

BB

:P