IGNORED

Players Released

Players released...

Bjarni Vidarsson

Patrick Boyle (slightly surprised by that)

Shaun Densmore

Steven Morrison

James Hall

Ryan Harpur

Aidan Downes

Stephen Connor.

Jamie Jones

yeah i must say i am also quite surprised, i thought if any could make it, he would be one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

thats alot of players to let go there.. Paddy boyle is still at everton and so is James Hall, there were talks paddy was going to tranmere but he turned them down.. and also james hall how can he go for trails for the philippines when he is still recovering from a serious knee injury. his due back before the season starts, his in training everyday getting better, goodluck to the poor boy fighting through injury and only at the age of 17 or 18..

thats alot of players to let go there.. Paddy boyle is still at everton and so is James Hall, there were talks paddy was going to tranmere but he turned them down.. and also james hall how can he go for trails for the philippines when he is still recovering from a serious knee injury. his due back before the season starts, his in training everyday getting better, goodluck to the poor boy fighting through injury and only at the age of 17 or 18..

How can you say Boyle is still at Everton when the list of players released comes officially from Everton?

its wrong the everton website. yes there contract have been up.. but paddy boyle has another year and james hall is still under contract.. he is still injuried they cant let go an injury player, thats the rules and the p.f.a rules.. so i dont know what went wrong there.. james hall has been out almost 3 years now he joined in 2005, the people at the academy need to sort it out letting him suffer like that.. everton wanna buy michael johnson for 10 million, we already had this player in the academy when he was 16 years of age

• 3 months later...

Hey Southport fan here. Apparantly we've signed Steven Morrison, looks an interesting prospect.

Just wondered what your thoughts were of him?

Oh and just thought you might want to know, we currently have Alan Moogan playing for us (Brian plays down the lane, and I think is captain, at Burscough), and doing well for that matter, as well as John Doolan, who I believe coaches the kids at Everton.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Steven, from Birkdale, is a tall, elegant midfielder with excellent passing ability. Steven won England under 16 honours as well as becoming a key member of the Everton under 18s side. He has since graduated to the reserve set-up and features for Andy Holden’s team on a regular basis. Morrison was released at the end of the 2007/08 campaign.

Wonder Why? :huh:

Anderson de Silva, or Anderson Silva de França to give him his full name, is a Brazilian midfielder who was first 'signed' by the club late in 2005. But having reached agreement with Uruguayan club Montevideo over the player, Everton were unable to complete his registration because of immigration issues. Instead, the former Racing Santander midfielder moved to CF Malaga on an extended loan. Having finally secured a European passport early in the 2006-2007 season, Everton renewed their interest in the player.

Having originally been targetted to add continental nous to an Everton squad set to embark on a European adventure in the Champions League at the start of the 2005-2006 season, de Silva's lack of football in the early part of the 2006-2007 season ensured that when he did sign for the club - on a six month short-term contract on January 2, 2007 - he was faced with the challenge of proving his fitness on the training ground and in reserve team action before being considered for first-team action. Although Brazilian, Anderson started his professional career in Chile with Santiago Wanderers. His performances earned him a move to Spain's La Liga with Racing Santander in 2003, where he played 68 times, netting an impressive 11 goals. On December 11, 2006 the club announced at the Annual General Meeting that there was a possibility Anderson could join the club within weeks thanks to the resolution of his passport issues. de Silva arrived at the Bellefield training ground in mid-December but was unable to complete his playing registration until the opening of the transfer window on January 2. He made just one substitute appearance during the 2006/07 season but it was enough to earn a 12-month contract extension at Goodison However opportunities were few and far between for the Brazilian and consequently Anderson joined Barnsley in the 2008 January transfer window.

What happened to him? I thought he was an excellent player?

Downes is now playing for Yeovil Town. I always thought that he would be a star player, along with Schumacher and Gerrard. I guess the Acadamy know best. Article is below;

After spending a spell on loan at League One side Yeovil Town, for whom he made his début in the Football League, he was released by Everton at the end of the 2007–08 season. On 21 May 2008 it was announced that Downes had signed for Yeovil on a permanent basis on a two year contract. Downes would join officially on July 1, 2008 when his contract expired. Downes has represented the Republic of Ireland at under-19 level[3] and, in October 2007, he made his U21 début, scoring a goal in the process.