IGNORED

We Are Rich! Have A Look!

KillaGTiR

Newcastle have a massive following - and a much bigger stadium capacity than us. And that is the biggest revenue earner.

Don't really know how Spurs are so high as I wouldn't say White Hart Lane is that big. And the last couple of seasons they have not been on TV much more than the norm, won decent prize money or stepped foot in Europe.

Answers on a post card as to why Spurs revenue is so high?

Guest fozzie22
Newcastle have a massive following - and a much bigger stadium capacity than us. And that is the biggest revenue earner.

Don't really know how Spurs are so high as I wouldn't say White Hart Lane is that big. And the last couple of seasons they have not been on TV much more than the norm, won decent prize money or stepped foot in Europe.

Answers on a post card as to why Spurs revenue is so high?

Owners with ambition and money??

Just a thought.

One thing to say -

Better to be in the top 20 - However, it was done, than not being in it. So in no way can being the top 20 be a negative thinking.

Selling Rooney - whatever, we've seen all that money given to Moyes last January and the summer with it ALL gone on rebuilding of the squad.

Beattie

Davies

Neville

VDM

Valente

Arteta

Ruddy

Ferrari

Kroldroup (although we have lost a few quid on him, but most of that money is back in the bank)

All we had before was Rooney and a load of ordinary players in the main and a bag of beans for bringing in new player.

Squad is now stronger than it has been since the good old days of the mid eighties.

Guest fozzie22
One thing to say -

Better to be in the top 20 - However, it was done, than not being in it. So in no way can being  the top 20 be a negative thinking.

Selling Rooney - whatever, we've seen all that money given to Moyes last January and the summer with it ALL gone on rebuilding of the squad.

Beattie

Davies

Neville

VDM

Valente

Arteta

Ruddy

Ferrari

Kroldroup (although we have lost a few quid on him, but most of that money is back in the bank)

All we had before was Rooney and a load of ordinary players in the main and a bag of beans for bringing in new player.

Squad is now stronger than it has been since the good old days of the mid eighties.

Well the last part of the sentece is open for debate..but i'm tired and cant be arsed tbh

Guest fozzie22

Looking again at the list its utter bollocks..i mean come man city there about £60 mill in debt FFS..

And we all know whos the richest club in the world are and thats chelsea

Sure they lose money hand over fist but they buy the best and win the rest so its all a bit pointless tbh

And we all know whos the richest club in the world are and thats chelsea

wrong chelski aint rich abramovich is rich if he walks chelsea will have to sell there best players they will go in to administration and will also go down.

chelsea have to rely on abramovich;s millions to keep em up. and the 146million loss proves that

It's a chart that shows revenue and not actual money on the bank - So for that time period we earned £60 Million

Which should mean that it has wiped out most of our debt if not all

I was surprised when I did see it because even though we qualified for The CL and then the UEFA Cup we were out before we reached the proper rounds which is where all the money is

It is a step in the right direction though

Peace

£60M figure is Revenue for financial Year September 2004 to Septmeber 2005.

Revenue = The total amount of money that was incomming to Everton during the 12 month period where Everton delivered the "item" that had been paid to Everton for.

So in the case of the Rooney Money, the £60M figure should only include the second £10M of the installments of the £20M that Man Utd agreed to pay + any additional money linked to appearances etc.

We'll be doing well to achieve this again for 2005/2006, but we should be around £50M+.

So in the case of the Rooney Money, the £60M figure should only include the second £10M of the installments of the £20M that Man Utd agreed to pay + any additional money linked to appearances etc.

The add ons where if manure won anything, and they've won feck all :lol:

But, I shouldn't laugh as we haven't either :(

JUST FOR INFO..

the Deloitte rankings does not take into account revenue from player purchases

Before you lot reply - it cant take player trading into account due to the terms and conditions that are imposed i.e. buy now pay later.

Our revenue was calculated (if you remember back to the AGM in October) without player trading. Therefore the Rooney money has had little, if any bearing on the revenue taken by the club.

We had £12 from TV rights this year

another £12 from finishing 4th

plues extra sponsorship (£2m a year from Chang etc.)

Plus merchandise and ticket sales and increased season ticket sales. -

Normally - without the TV money and finishing 4th we manage to generate a revenue of around £40m (£44m 2003/2004) so with our prise money and tv we have increased our worth and entered the deloitte. there is no way that the rooney money (or any other transfer money) can be included in our £60m revenue figure.

whichever way you look at it we are rated the 9th richest club in the uk. that can't be too bad.

the downside is that even rich clubs can still feel the pinch. arsenal sold viera, in part, because they didnt think they would get such a good price at a later date.

huge transfer fees, agents fees, and player salaries are putting football out of business.

and its a bill that the fans are always expected to foot. its reached a point where attendances will soon colllapse and so will a lottal clubs.

that will be a very bad day for soccer.

Guest fozzie22

Truth is,as Java has pointed out there is a colapse coming towards football,slowly granted but its on its way.

Then we will see who the true fans are.

The PL puppets who grabbed onto footballs shirttails in the 90s or the working man,who where priced out of grounds by the greed of football

Before you lot reply - it cant take player trading into account due to the terms and conditions that are imposed i.e. buy now pay later.

Our revenue was calculated (if you remember back to the AGM in October) without player trading. Therefore the Rooney money has had little, if any bearing on the revenue taken by the club.

We had £12 from TV rights this year

another £12 from finishing 4th

plues extra sponsorship (£2m a year from Chang etc.)

Plus merchandise and ticket sales and increased season ticket sales. -

Normally - without the TV money and finishing 4th we manage to generate a revenue of around £40m (£44m 2003/2004) so with our prise money and tv we have increased our worth and entered the deloitte. there is no way that the rooney money (or any other transfer money) can be included in our £60m revenue figure.

Thanks for clarifying things, Rowlo. Becasue what you say makes a huge difference in the way this 'rich list' is viewed.

Still makes you wonder how Man City and Man City come so high in it.

And I reiterate what I say being in it has to be better than being outside it and it is fact that the club IS progressing.