IGNORED

What Are You Reading?

Romey 1878

• 3 weeks later...

I've got £30 worth of book tokens from my birthday (you'd think my mother would have more imagination for my fiftieth wouldn't you? Better than last year though when I got a piece of cheese....she's a bit eccentric :unsure: ) plus a £5 WH Smith discount voucher burning a hole in my pocket.

What should I get?

I've got £30 worth of book tokens from my birthday (you'd think my mother would have more imagination for my fiftieth wouldn't you? Better than last year though when I got a piece of cheese....she's a bit eccentric :unsure: ) plus a £5 WH Smith discount voucher burning a hole in my pocket.

What should I get?

I seem to remember that you liked reading Catch-22 by Heller? If that's the case I'd buy "A Confederacy of Dunces" by John Kennedy Toole (if you don't have it yet). Both are among my favorite books of all time.

Best non-fiction I've read in the past year was "The Great Transformation" by Karen Armstrong. It's about the origin of religion.

Well I am a lawyer so my whole professional existence depends on a good memory :)... Seriously though I was half expecting you to reply "Of course I've already read The Confederacy of Dunces". Seeing how it has the same humor as Catch-22 and is the same kind of cult classic.

Currently reading : "So little done. The testament of a serial killer" by Theodore Dalrymple.

Didn't have Confederacy of Dunces in the shop (and I'm too impatient to wait) so I'll have to get it from the library :) .

I got...

Richard Dawkins-The Greatest Show on Earth

Obama's autobiography.

The Kite Runner which I've been meaning to read for ages.

The Blackest Streets by Sarah Wise (The life and death of a Victorian Slum)

..and a big cook book :) .

Didn't have Confederacy of Dunces in the shop (and I'm too impatient to wait) so I'll have to get it from the library :) .

I got...

Richard Dawkins-The Greatest Show on Earth

Obama's autobiography.

The Kite Runner which I've been meaning to read for ages.

The Blackest Streets by Sarah Wise (The life and death of a Victorian Slum)

..and a big cook book :) .

The Greatest Show on Earth is fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

I read Rainbow Six last year and enjoyed it so much that when I saw a box with all the Clancy's for only € 68 at my local bookstore, I decided to buy them. Probably am going to read them in the order they were written unless someone has a suggestion with which I should start..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A Storm of Swords - George R.R. Martin

A Feast for Crows - George R.R. Martin

Hanging from the Rafters - The Story of Neptune Basketball Club and the Golden Age of Irish Basketball - Kieran Shannon

Coaching Basketball Successfully - Morgan Wootten

Was on holiday.... :lol:

Edited by Grarghsies

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Read "The Kite Runner" while I was away.

Very good but not quite the work of genius it's made out to be imo. Brilliant cultural stuff but the story is a bit contrived and sometimes too obvious I think.

Re-read "The Book Thief" (the last 250 pages yesterday) and that is a work of genius :) ......probably my second favourite book of all time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...