IGNORED

Lescott

As i said in another thread i think Carvalho is class as well.

Lets be honest, there are alot of very good CB's in the prem. But its all about having a decent CB pairing who can read each others games. Thats one reason why Man U are so good at the moment. Rio and Vidic together are awesome

Ferdinand?

Fookoff.

I did say English...the best for me at pure defending is Carvalho.

Chelsea with him in the side are exceptinally difficult to beat.

Whoever said Lescott isn't that good at defending needs there head examining.

I'm not looking through this with blue tinted glasses. I think really think he is exceptional. He's calm, strong, quick, great coming forward and scores more goals than any other defender. So pound for pound he's the best.

Ferdinand? Christ. He doesn't inspire confidence in me to be honest.

Ferdinand?

Fookoff.

I did say English...the best for me at pure defending is Carvalho.

Chelsea with him in the side are exceptinally difficult to beat.

Whoever said Lescott isn't that good at defending needs there head examining.

I'm not looking through this with blue tinted glasses. I think really think he is exceptional. He's calm, strong, quick, great coming forward and scores more goals than any other defender. So pound for pound he's the best.

Ferdinand? Christ. He doesn't inspire confidence in me to be honest.

That would be me. Jagielka is much better at defending than Joley.

Agreed Jags is better at defending than Lescott but not as good going forward. To say that Jags is the best English defender is questionable, Terry, Ferdinand are better and a fully fit Woodgate and king would probably be better also. He is the most improved english defender though.

Agreed Jags is better at defending than Lescott but not as good going forward. To say that Jags is the best English defender is questionable, Terry, Ferdinand are better and a fully fit Woodgate and king would probably be better also. He is the most improved english defender though.

Good shout, I have been astonished at how much he has come along this season.

Carvalho is probably one of the most underrated players in europe, he would be the first defender i bought if i was a top club, class act.

Lescott isnt at Rio's level yet but he will be in a few years

Jags is quality at defending he just needs to learn to pass the ball out instead of hoofing it, he reminds me of Stubbs for some reason haha.

Jags showed last night that when the midfield doesn't turn their back and run away (as our midfield does) then he doesn't hoof. I think it's unfair to label Jags as a hoofer tbh.

QFT, Jags looked decent at passing last night as the midfield were willing recipitents. That's why we will look better with a couple more quality midfielders, but I do have a lot of confidence in Joleon more than Yobo. Oh and Carragher is a bag of shite wrestler.

Lescott is a major threat when going forward, his defending is good and will probably only get better with another season in the prem.Same can be said for Jagielka, he's improved this season and I can see him being a future Everton captain in a couple of years.Put Yobo into the equation and the defence is looking good.A good season for Baines and Hibbert, would make scoring against Everton a bit of a task!

Not the best in the country or english defender... John Terry is an excellent defender (and I am not taking the piss here) He is good at attacking and defending whereas Lescott is good at attacking but hes not as good at defending as JT

Ferdinand is good too. Jagielka could be in contention if he has another excellent season!