IGNORED

Steven Appiah

he was dominating the african nations, and would probably not ask for too high wages, and would be more than an apt replacement for cars. he is recovering from injury, and it would probably be his last cotract if he signed here but i think he would be a great signing, if fehnerbace were willing. B)

I really like Appiah, and I do remember that he has recently fallen foul of his manager and stated that he would like to leave this summer, however with his age and injuries it may just be too late for him. As is said in the thread about Edu, we should build for the future. Appiah has undoubted class but i think his injury record puts me off. Fully fit he would do the buisness here though, its just whether or not he can stay fit.

yeh but we've been linked in the past, and altho i would rather have m'bia or diarra who are young, it seems that he would be a cheaper alternative, maybe around 6 mil at most, and that would be good with our current budget.

i'd have diarra here, or m'bami or m'bia first though, there's just no developments on these transfer rumours yet, early days

:P

• 2 months later...
we've always been linked with him in the past so now he's free i'm sure its being looked at. Think there was some injury problems in Turkey and some sort of fall out but who actually cares at this point.

There was a big falling out and he was treated badly, a sort of Super Kev situation. I'd take him but he is injury prone. They don't come any cheaper than for nothing ;)

There was a big falling out and he was treated badly, a sort of Super Kev situation. I'd take him but he is injury prone. They don't come any cheaper than for nothing ;)

Four words, "ANDY VAN DER MEYDE" Can we risk another high salary crock?

Would take him on some sort of PAYP but otherwise wouldn't gamble in our current situation!

BBC website yesterday said that Newcastle were closing in on signing him on a free.

Now, this guy seems to tick a lot of the boxes

- Defensive midfielder

- Powerful and bigger than what we have

- Good player

- leader on the pitch

- FREE

We've been linked with this guy for the past 2 years so why when he eventually becomes available, in a position we're crying out for cover in does nothing happen???

I know about the knee but if KK is looking at him it can't be too serious.

Would prefer M'Bia but if he'll cost £7-10m and is only intrerested in the money we might only get a season or two out of both of them.

Appiah might also be able to use as a means of bringing other players to the club, i.e. Antony Annan who we've been linked with previously

Haven't really seen him in action apart from the obligatory youtube vid:

If he's free then i'd see no reason to go for him, maybe he has/will turn us down (like others have), but looks as said above that he'd be a good addition. Maybe he'd demand higher wages cos he knows he coming on a free, but TBH I can't see this one coming off.

• 2 weeks later...
It would be a bit pointless for us now that we have Castillo to play DM, and also Fellaini can play there too. I can't see us making a move for him.

Fair comment Romey, the big attraction is that he is free and you can never have too many midfielders in my book, injuries and everything. I suppose his one weakness is he is injury prone

Guest blueboy122

I would have loved everton to have signed this lad hes quality i have seen him play many times and he plays alot like makalele. protects the back four like no bodys buisness, cant half tackle and when he does win the ball he just plays it easy, great player.