IGNORED

Aaron Ramsey

It seems a lot to spend on a 17 year old lad with only twenty odd championship games to his name but it would be a hell of a coup to nick him from under Ferguson's nose....and a lot of people seem to think he's worth it.

Needs to be a hell of a sales pitch from Moyes to beat off United, Arsenal and Liverpool.

I dont mind either way about this one for one five million is too much for a kid who's made only sixteen starts in a career that began in January just gone.

Everton have the advantadge of not needing English players for the future as roughly seventy percent of our first team are English. Some of the other clubs vying for his signature don't have that luxury.

Any club buying for the future in which category Aaron firmly sits must take into account Sebbs new rulings. If this boy was English I wouldn't expect us to have any hope of signing him. However he's Welsh and this may be a stumbling block for some clubs.

Well, Ramsay wants first team football and doesn't want to go back to Cardiff because he doesn't feel it will help him improve (apparently), so we would seem to be in a good position.

EDIT - Why can't we officially announce it on the official site? Surely, this is news that would make Everton fans happy and therefore would be news the club would want to release?

Edited by Romey 1878

Well, Ramsay wants first team football and doesn't want to go back to Cardiff because he doesn't feel it will help him improve (apparently), so we would seem to be in a good position.

EDIT - Why can't we officially announce it on the official site? Surely, this is news that would make Everton fans happy and therefore would be news the club would want to release?

Probably to avoid embarrasment of a transfer falling through, e.g Vogel.

Then again, there is still no news of Moyes signing so maybe Moyes wants to see players signed before he signs...?

Probably to avoid embarrasment of a transfer falling through, e.g Vogel.Then again, there is still no news of Moyes signing so maybe Moyes wants to see players signed before he signs...?

I understand that but the club knows that some fans are probably getting restless at no transfer movement at Everton so this would show that we are actively looking and making moves.

Watching SSN at the moment and the have just said that Cardiff have agreed a fee with us, but we are refusing to admit to it. Wierd. Also said that the shite have agreed a fee

We really are a strange club aren't we? We're refusing to admit making a bid for a youngster with a lot of potential who is courted the very top clubs :huh: makes sense doesn't it?

I can't make head nor tail of it. Seems stupid to activley deny the offer has been made, making no statement at all i almost understand, but denying it altogether when cardiff have confirmed we have had a bid accpeted, not just made but axccepted, makes no sense. Having got a clue whats going on with us

Be a massive coup if we could pull this one off considering the teams following him although i'm not sure how good he is. Sounds like the shite will enter the race to sign him as well, so will be us, Man U, Arsenal and the shite - he's certainly got a massive decision ahead of him, only 17 as well. Was thinking of the possibility of us signing Joe Ledley to help him settle in as i know we've been linked with him too but again not sure if he's that good either. Be interesting to see how this one goes...

I think these players dont understand that if he goes to Man Utd he won't get a game for sometime whereas here Gosling is already being mentioned for the first team and hes only young and only joined in january.

It would be good to snatch him from under Man Utd and Arsenals noses!

I have a bad feeling about this. How about this theory....

Don't be suprised to see Man U drop out of the race. Fergie knows that Moyes is highly skilled at bringing through raw talent and turning them into top players and perhaps better than himself at it. Maybe he will let Moyes do the lads training for him and then just snap him up in a few seasons when (if) he becomes a top player.

Hes already done it once with a certain other talent (shrek) so perhaps again.

Sorry am just in a conspiracy mood but we do in a way have a pact with Man U in terms of transfers and in our hatred of the RS.

Good theory brother :D

Don't know wether we could make a deal with them and say let us sign him an we will train him up give him vital first team experience and then sell him in a few seasons.

It would be guttering if we done this and he was good and left but by that time he may have helped us get higher in the table and we could atract even better players than him... Dream over!

Edited by Josh Berno

no it wouldnt be on a contract clause to say we HAVE to sell to united when they want him. United could try buy first option on him but end of the day if he joins us we own him. No one else, we dont have to sell to anyone we dont want to.

But i do agree it is upto Aaron (great name btw ;) ) to decided who he wants to join. Good luck to him whoever he joins.