IGNORED

Aaron Ramsey

Listen to the Rat Aaron...

Kevin Ratcliffe believes that Ramsey should strongly consider his potential first-team opportunities and the reputation of David Moyes before signing for anybody else.

"I think it's about playing first-team football," Ratcliffe told BBC Radio Merseyside.

"I think he has more of a chance at Everton of gaining that first-team experience and going that next step."

"I would describe him as an Arsenal-type player. A player who receives the ball under pressure, is very, very composed, can pick a pass and score a goal and is not afraid to make a tackle as well. He's got the potential but he's still got a long way to go."

"I'm sure Dave Jones will tell him everything he knows about the football club and David Moyes, as will Paul Wilkinson.

"There's plenty of background for him to get to know about the club from other people down there."

Much of Moyes’ success on Merseyside has been down to his proven track record of bringing players through from the lower leagues.

Signings such as Tim Cahill from Millwall, Joleon Lescott from Wolves and Phil Jagielka from Sheffield United have led to Lescott and Jagielka going on to make their full England debuts, with Cahill now one of the top attacking midfielders in the Premier League.

Theres alot of interest in this young man, lets hope he keeps his feet on the ground. Lets hope too that he's got trusted people around him to help him make one hell of a tough decision and that he isn't influenced too much by his agents.

1st team football in the premier league or three or four years warming the bench for the big four, perhaps a start in the carling cup and the probability of being loaned back to a championship club anyway.

Theres alot of interest in this young man, lets hope he keeps his feet on the ground. Lets hope too that he's got trusted people around him to help him make one hell of a tough decision and that he isn't influenced too much by his agents.

1st team football in the premier league or three or four years warming the bench for the big four, perhaps a start in the carling cup and the probability of being loaned back to a championship club anyway.

Lets face it, we should have moved a lot earlier if we wanted him. Hate to be defeatsest but he will choose Manu or Arsenal over us.

maybe ramsey might come to us if we went in for him in jan.. he might just think that we are that interested in him and want him more than man utd

happened to benni mccarthy when he joined blackburn he turned down the other clubs coz their gaffer was showing more interest

Thought benni mac was all agreed (with player & club) but porto had to pull the plug cos they'd lost a forward? Sure it was virtually a done deal.

Not seen much of ramsey but it says evrythg if 4 of the top 5 premiershp clubs are fighting over him. Just hope we've got plenty more to spend on plyrs who are more likely to play next season.

Chris Beesley, Liverpool Daily Post

EVERTON’S chances of landing Cardiff City midfielder Aaron Ramsey could be handed a major blow after it was reported that Manchester United’s Cristiano Ronaldo has publicly declared his desire to play for Real Madrid.

What a ridiculous connection. United seeing Ramsay as direct replacement for Ronaldo :o .

It will be interesting to see how this one pans out. When I first began reading that article i felt a bit pissed off, but when you read risdales reasoning you can't really complain about it. Of course he will wan't him to join Manu if it means they still get him for 1 year more. Just depends if he wants Prem football right now or still wants to cut his teeth at a lower level for a little while longer. Hope he chooses us though of course.

Sign for the European and domestic champions and learn alongside the greatest player in the world...

Or...

Sign for us and play along side Phil Neville in a shitty old stadium.

I don't hold much hope for us to be fair.

If I wasn't an Evertonian I wouldn't sign for us to be fair to the kid.

Sign for us - an improving side and get first team football

Sign for United - not play with the best player in the world (going to madrid) spend another season at cardiff on loan and then still wont get in the first team

Sign for Arsenal - Not get a look in apart from carling cup

I know what i would prefer, even if i wasn't a blue

Sign for us - an improving side and get first team football

Sign for United - not play with the best player in the world (going to madrid) spend another season at cardiff on loan and then still wont get in the first team

Sign for Arsenal - Not get a look in apart from carling cup

I know what i would prefer, even if i wasn't a blue

The Arsenal bit is probably spot on and the Man Utd bit MAY be true, but you have to remember Utd were the team who famously won the league with kids (as Alan Hansen put it). They have a history of playing their young players (Rooney, Giggs etc) and even the likes of Nani got a fair few games last season. I expect Everton to make a couple of signings in midfield as well as Ramsey even if we sign him, I wouldn't guarantee him a spot in our team either, he couldn't even get in the Cardiff first 11 in the Cup Final and they had Stephen McPhail in the team. If I wasn't an Everton fan then I think it's highly unlikely I'd pick us over Utd or Arsenal, but here's hoping.

The Arsenal bit is probably spot on and the Man Utd bit MAY be true, but you have to remember Utd were the team who famously won the league with kids (as Alan Hansen put it). They have a history of playing their young players (Rooney, Giggs etc) and even the likes of Nani got a fair few games last season. I expect Everton to make a couple of signings in midfield as well as Ramsey even if we sign him, I wouldn't guarantee him a spot in our team either, he couldn't even get in the Cardiff first 11 in the Cup Final and they had Stephen McPhail in the team. If I wasn't an Everton fan then I think it's highly unlikely I'd pick us over Utd or Arsenal, but here's hoping.

I don't know why he is going to be an automatic first team starter?

I haven't seen him play but he doesn't sound like he's a defensive midfielder so where does he fit in?

Does he usurp Arteta, Peanuts or Cahill? I very much doubt it. And if Fernandes starts then it even more unlikely.

I don't know why he is going to be an automatic first team starter?

I haven't seen him play but he doesn't sound like he's a defensive midfielder so where does he fit in?

Does he usurp Arteta, Peanuts or Cahill? I very much doubt it. And if Fernandes starts then it even more unlikely.

I said I didn't think he would be an automatic starter? you must have misread my post! I'm not sure whether I want us to sign this guy or not, seems like a lot of money for a player who is unlikely to make an impact next season, especially when we desperately need 2 or 3 quality players (at least) in midfield already.

for all we know this could be one of the "quality" midfeilders we are after. He could turn out to be what he has been called - the next ryan giggs. Now would you like to look back in a few years and say "if only we signed him" or would you take the risk in which manure and arsenal (who everyone knows sign quality youngsters who mostly go onto to a good career)?

I know what i'd do. I would sign this lad. I know we dont have all the resources in the world but i think this lad will be the muts nuts. He is close to the top of the list of players i would like to see at everton.

for all we know this could be one of the "quality" midfeilders we are after. He could turn out to be what he has been called - the next ryan giggs. Now would you like to look back in a few years and say "if only we signed him" or would you take the risk in which manure and arsenal (who everyone knows sign quality youngsters who mostly go onto to a good career)?

I know what i'd do. I would sign this lad. I know we dont have all the resources in the world but i think this lad will be the muts nuts. He is close to the top of the list of players i would like to see at everton.

Have you seen him play?

I've got no idea what our budget is this year but I would be surprised if it was more than £20m.

A quarter of that on an unproven young player, in a position we don't need filling seems a lot.

But I trust Moyes. He has done the business the last couple of years. What do I know!?!

The Ramsey bid was probably nothing more than a "Look, look we're trying bid" knowing there would be no chance of us having to pay the money because he'd choose one of the other teams. Whether the trying was being shown to us or Mr. David Moyes is another thing entirely.

Cynical, but quite possibly correct! Wouldn't be the first time but HOPEFULLY we've moved on from those days...