IGNORED

Euro 2008

Seems a bit of a damp squib seeing as England are not in it (or any other home countries)

Suppose I will get interested once the action starts

I can imaging all the flight companies and booze sellers will be crying as their taking will be down this summer

Im rooting for eerrm... not bothered

Not overly bothered other than a soft spot for Greece (due to spending as much time there as my bank manager will allow :lol: ). Was even given a Greek shirt when we were over last year so I'll probably dig it out but lightning ain't going to strike twice unfortunately.

Must be the first tournament for a long time with no Everton involvement so can't even follow individual players.

I think Spain have a great team at the moment. And are my favs. to win it.

However you can never rule out the German's they just have a knack of winning when its needed.

Biggest flop will be France, on paper they just look weak. Henry IMO never plays well for his country

and a lot of there players don't have the mentality to win.

For an outside bet I would go for Czech or Croatia.

well as i got Poland in my work sweepstake i will be supporting them. I actualy think Spain will get rid of their 'underachievers' tag and win it though.

I think Poland are going to surprise a few people this year, although I said that about Serbia and Montenegro in the last world cup :rolleyes:

Think Poland will do very well but if I were going to be boring I fancy Germany to win it with Klose being top scorer.

Spain are the most overated team in the world! How can you say there good... Yes there good on paper but they can't play as a team. Am glad Arteta doesn't play for them he would only be made to look a show!

Croatia are an excellent team hope they win ;) Russia are also good too but tbh I think Germany will win because they have an excellent team and they can all play well together good all round team.

Guest lfc5times
Seems a bit of a damp squib seeing as England are not in it (or any other home countries)

Suppose I will get interested once the action starts

I can imaging all the flight companies and booze sellers will be crying as their taking will be down this summer

Im rooting for eerrm... not bothered

Why is it a damp squib? england arnt in it and there fuckin borin to watch anyway!

Edited by StevO

I'm rooting for Holland. My new flat mate is dutch so thought i would root for them. Also will be looking out for spain, mainly as the director of a film im producing is spanish so now have more of a soft spot for them

Top scorers i'll go for:-

1-Hunterlaar

2-Torres

3- Ronaldo

4-Henry

5-podolski

Cannot believe (heard it on the preview last night) that Five Live have Steve McLaren as one of their "expert" summerisers :o .

Bad decision by the station I think....I'm completely amazed and a bit angry that my licence fee is paying the useless moron. Am I being unreasonable?

:o anyone see van nistelrooys goal?

Miles offside! bad destion by the linesmen.

Apparently not..

"The fact is the assistant was correct; the defender who slid off the field is still regarded as active," Hackett told BBC Sport.

"Christian Panucci went off through contact with his own goalkeeper (Gianluigi) Buffon. He is still considered part of the game."

....is that a new rule?

Terrific game between Romania and Italy just now. Probably just as well for Mutu that Buffon came up with that ridiculous penalty save - Mutu might've had to hand Fiorentina an emergency transfer request tonight if he'd knocked out the Italians on that referee's decision. Actually I was slightly surprised that they chose Mutu to take it, only because he and Buffon know each other so well. They used to be teammates at Juventus, so you'd figure if anyone would know Mutu's tendencies...but I guess sometimes you just feel like you have to go with your best player and take your chances.

Let's go Holland - beat France!

Qualification from group C tonight is nice and simple :) .

The Netherlands have won Group C and will play the Group D runners-up in the quarter-finals.

Romania will qualify for the quarter-finals if they beat the Netherlands, eliminating France and Italy.

If Romania fail to beat the Netherlands, the winner of France v Italy will go through.

If France and Italy draw, a point against the Netherlands would be enough to send Romania through. France must win to have any chance of qualifying.

If France and Italy share a score draw (1-1, 2-2, 3-3 etc), Italy will go through if Romania lose (by any score). In this scenario, Italy, Romania and France will be level on two points each but Italy would have scored more goals in games between the 3 teams.

Romania will finish bottom of the group if they lose and France and Italy draw 2-2, 3-3 or 4-4. France will finish bottom if they draw 1-1 unless Romania lose 3-0 or by a four-goal margin.

If France and Italy draw 0-0, Romania can lose by one goal, two goals or by a three-goal margin other than 3-0 but still qualify. In this scenario, Italy and Romania would have identical head-to-head records, but Romania would have better goal difference in ALL group matches or, in the case of the three-goal defeats, goals scored. France would finish bottom, having scored fewer goals head-to-head v Italy and Romania.

If Romania lose 3-0 to the Dutch, Italy would qualify with a 0-0 draw against France because of their superior coefficient points. France would finish bottom as they would have scored fewer goals head-to-head v Italy and Romania.

If Romania lose by four goals or more and the other game ends 0-0, Italy would proceed with a better overall goal difference than Romania. France would finish bottom as they would have scored fewer goals head-to-head v Italy and Romania.

If France and Italy draw AND Romania avoid defeat, then Romania go through.

Very sad to Turks are out. We played most pleasant match. Switzerland, Czech and Croatia games are amazingly good. Only lead 6 min. all of this matchs. But we have a faith to take final. So played semi-final. Pounded to Germans but loose. Thanks for this achievements guys. We are proud all of you.

Go Russia.