IGNORED

Stephen Hunt

Has a strong right knee, ala Petr Cech, but is a shit player, no thanks.

Papers are saying £5m. No thankyou!

£2m perhaps.

After an exciting start when we linked with Joaquin, Arshavin etc its disappointing to see us linked with Steven Taylor, S.Hunt etc.

From the looks of it City are buying Arshavin, Ronaldhino and Jo. That is just plain rude!

Everton link with the big names every pre-season in order to get the season tickets sold. After a few weeks of expectation, and no signings all the players linked with have signed elsewhere. Then we'll probably offer less for a player, a la Smith when he signed for Man U from Leeds.

Seen Hunt on many occasions, single handedly ran the Reading midfield last year, looked good against us.

Looks like a donut, will go to Sunderland based on Keane being up there but I wouldn't be unhappy if we got him.

He would give us direct running and some bite in the midfield which we plainly do not have from Pienaar, Osman or Artets.

I'd just be happy to see some signings made. Same every year, 2 months of window and all the signings are made after the friendlies have been played and season starts...

Everton link with the big names every pre-season in order to get the season tickets sold. After a few weeks of expectation, and no signings all the players linked with have signed elsewhere. Then we'll probably offer less for a player, a la Smith when he signed for Man U from Leeds.

Seen Hunt on many occasions, single handedly ran the Reading midfield last year, looked good against us.

Looks like a donut, will go to Sunderland based on Keane being up there but I wouldn't be unhappy if we got him.

He would give us direct running and some bite in the midfield which we plainly do not have from Pienaar, Osman or Artets.

I'd just be happy to see some signings made. Same every year, 2 months of window and all the signings are made after the friendlies have been played and season starts...

I agree, unfortunately due to various things this year I haven't been able to take much interest in football except for Everton, so I haven't seen a great deal of the footballers we're getting linked to meaning I can't make a definite judgement. What I will say though, is that Hunt has always done quite well when I've seen him and had a good game against us from memory. He may not be the big signing we want, or the flair player/powerhouse who may change our team, but he'll do a good job for the team. No one was probably that excited when we bought Cahill, Lescott, Jagielka, yet they turned out to be excellent signings. We need some numbers as well as quality, if he's a decent player and only fairly cheap then I'd probably take him and keep the big money for one or two real quality players.

Will we actually sign those quality players that we need though or will we be stuck buying second rate players, like Hunt, who won't improve us anywhere near the amount we need just to stay where we are in the league?

He's obviously not going to turn us into title contenders, but we don't have the money to buy 5 or 6 superstar players, I personally hope we sign one or two beauties in midfield and then some decent, hard working players (Hunt) to give us some options. I'm hoping that Moyes still has his eye on Arshavin etc. I think we all just panic as Evertonians and can't relax until we've bought one or two quality players! Moyes must be working on targets, he must know how light we are in midfield - surely we'll get some players in...

Will we actually sign those quality players that we need though or will we be stuck buying second rate players, like Hunt, who won't improve us anywhere near the amount we need just to stay where we are in the league?

Id be happy with staying where we are in the league, again next season there will be massive competition and that would continue our stability, but cant see a player like this adding to our squad let alone first team

Id be happy with staying where we are in the league, again next season there will be massive competition and that would continue our stability, but cant see a player like this adding to our squad let alone first team

I'd be more than happy staying where we finished in the league last season as well but what I'm saying is will we sign the players to make that possible? We need 5 or 6 just for that.

I'd be more than happy staying where we finished in the league last season as well but what I'm saying is will we sign the players to make that possible? We need 5 or 6 just for that.

Im hoping for at leat 5 new faces, but dont want to see hunt as one of those