IGNORED

What Would Happen?

What do you think would happen if Moyes was to leave Everton? I know it's not going to happen (well not now anyway) but what do you think would happen to all the players and what manager would replace Moyes would it be a top class manager or a average manager? Would a gang on Russians come in and take over Everton if we got a class manager?

Just a bit of fun but it will be interesting to see what you think.

Well I think the board at Goodison are sensible, so they'd employ a manager who'd hopefully be as prudent in the transfer market as Moyesy. Additionally, I think it would be a Brit.

Personally, I think Everton has Martin O'Neill written all over it and he would be an excellent choice, however given the financial backing at Villa, Icouldn't see him leaving for EFC.

Other options - I would have said Mark Hughes before joining Citeh.

Long shot - Alex McCleish? I know Brum went down, but could see him being successful here - certainly was at Rangers and Scotland - would also maintain tradition of crazy, Scottish and ginge!!

Apparently when Moyes was appointed, a closer runner for the job was Gary Megson.. so I guess that's the kind of level of manager would be drafted in.

Let's hope Moyes doesn't leave for a very long time then, if Megson is the level of manager we'd look at then we can look forward to relegation.

Would Aston Villa be relegated without O'Neill, Man Utd falter with Ferguson, luckypool become unlucky with a new manager........who knows!!

Quite a few Everton fans weren't sure about Moyes when he walked into the club!...Who's to say David Jones or Alan Irvine couldn't do a similar job.

Makes you wonder what would have happened if the Everton managers job had been available at the same time as the Man City one!.....Which would Hughes have taken?

If Everton match Moyes's ambition, then it will probably be a few years down the line before we need worry about his replacement, the world of football could be a very different place by then, and there could well be an obvious choice.

We would be up shit creek, moyes has done amazing. I cant see us getting anyone else like him

Not too many people could pull off what he has

But the omnipresent question - HAS HE TAKEN US AS FAR AS HE CAN :huh:

I don't think we should think has Moyes taken us as far as he can but has BK taken us as far as he can, of which the answer is a clear yes.

In my eyes Moyes is a class manager and I donl think there are many managers who can do the things that he has done with the budget that he is given

I agree with that, I think Moyes has plenty of gas left in him, the problem is in my opinion, those behind the scenes are the ones holding him back; the people who bring the money in.

To be fair to BK the club was in a dire financial position when he took over, and since then we have taken leaps forward in the way we are run. He is a passionate blue and a new rich less blue blooded benefactor might be in the 'Johnson vein....better the devil you know?

Last season we spent a very reasonable amount in the transfer market, over 20mil, and bought well. With continued investment like that or better and are ginger haired magician at the helm i see no reason we can't go further [ever the optimist :) ]

No one knows what lies ahead for Everton!.........The twists and turns, the good signings and the bad ones.

But for a penalty shoot out defeat! a couple of major injuries to Cahill, Arteta and Vaughan plus

narrowly losing in a cup semi-final.......we could have had 4th place, and maybe a trophy or even two............AND that's WITH the dreadful Kenwright and the as far as he can go Moyes!!

So I ask why, with that same combination, can't we do well next season!

I would lik eto hope that we have move on and we are a bigger club now than when we first signed Moyes, so i would hope that the likes of Megson would not be an option. Hughes would be the type of manager i would expect us to go for however who knows what the board would do as they always like to surprise us, sometimes good most of the time bad.. Anyway I sure this wont happen any time soon..(fingers crossed)

If Moyes where to leave and there was some financial imput. (I think Moyes leaving might spark a bit of frenetic money coming in as a knee jerk reaction here) I think we could attract a really top manager. Someone like Mourinho? I did say like Mourhino.

I agree with that, I think Moyes has plenty of gas left in him, the problem is in my opinion, those behind the scenes are the ones holding him back; the people who bring the money in.

that is what you would call hitting the proverbial nail on the head!

To be fair to BK the club was in a dire financial position when he took over, and since then we have taken leaps forward in the way we are run. He is a passionate blue and a new rich less blue blooded benefactor might be in the 'Johnson vein....better the devil you know?

Last season we spent a very reasonable amount in the transfer market, over 20mil, and bought well. With continued investment like that or better and are ginger haired magician at the helm i see no reason we can't go further [ever the optimist :) ]

the club is still in a dire financial position right now!

the last time we were not in a dire financial position? Johnson was in charge!

Slaven Billic Would Come IMO

great shout!!!

would be happy for him to replace moyes one day, not just yet though.

Edited by StevO

If Moyes left one word would sum it up "DISASTER"

Long shot - Alex McCleish? I know Brum went down, but could see him being successful here - certainly was at Rangers and Scotland - would also maintain tradition of crazy, Scottish and ginge!!

IMO Alex McCleish would be awful!

Maybe its just me and I am starting to get on, but I'm enjoying the managerial stability which is one thing (possibly the only thing) the board has got right, and it looks good on the club.