IGNORED

Flattering To Deceive

Zed

The more and more I think about it, dont you all think we are flattering to deceive again this season?

We've been on an unbeaten run in the new year but most of those "wins" have been one nil and we have really rode our luck.

Our squad is on its bare bones and once again dithering davy doesn't get anyone in the transfer window.

Then as soon as the transfer window closes big Keith comes out and anounces that we are in the top 20 rich list. Well. wheres all the money?

We are top of the form league and I blame it on luck over judgement, earlier in the season teams had found us out and we've now only started winning due to the mediocrity of other teams as well as going back to a very defensive set up :angry:

to be fair zed is one of there more optimisitc posters! :D

i can see what your sayin zed but tino is right, ok wer fucked if more injuries happen but saying that we have rode our luck is a bit harsh. i think we have looked a better outfit of late and our lookin up. i'll be happy to ride the luck for the rest of the season and start again in the summer.

some great performances infront of the Goodison faithful will help us achieve a decent finish...they havnt disapointed us recently...

COYB!! :D:D

Guest fozzie22
The more and more I think about it, dont you all think we are flattering to deceive again this season?

We've been on an unbeaten run in the new year but most of those "wins" have been one nil and we have really rode our luck.

Our squad is on its bare bones and once again dithering davy doesn't get anyone in the transfer window.

Then as soon as the transfer window closes big Keith comes out and anounces that we are in the top 20 rich list. Well. wheres all the money?

We are top of the form league and I blame it on luck over judgement, earlier in the season teams had found us out and we've now only started winning due to the mediocrity of other teams as well as going back to a very defensive set up :angry:

Good post..

But i'm saying nothing ;)

Good post..

But i'm saying nothing ;)

Good stance Mr Negative :P

Boring, boring arsenal, didnt they win the league?

I'm not getting carried away with myself here and i fully appriciate the threadbear squad issues however we have had several injurys / suspensions in the last few weeks and the only slip up was against a £200 million team! Is that riding our luck?

I honestly dont know but i can tell you that if we win all our home games next season 1-0, fight for our lives away from home and pick up points in 80% of those games we will once again be fighting for a Champions League spot. Seriously fellow Evertonians what are you expecting? European domination?

We are currently 10 points from a champions league spot and dont get me wrong i dont expect us to get it but we still have to play 3 of the teams between us and that spot. Have faith 5 years ago we would have been working out goal difference and shitting ourselves at this point of the season but even after a piss poor start we are now a team capable of pulling ourselves out of the shit. Fuck BK and fat Kieth listen to the noise the players are making, look at the spirit, look how much they want to pull on the blue shirt and look how many of them have publicaly praised the fans in past months. We should be enjoying our small progression forward not expecting miracles overnight now sit back blues it may still be rocky but its enjoyable being an Evertonian for the first time in years.

What comes in the future we will have to wait and see but i for one am looking forward to the next game like a kid waiting for Christmas, its not as bad as it has been and we aint mackems!

I dont think i ever heard the chant boring,boring Everton

Its right for arsenal,but not for us..

I was highlighting that Arsenal were a very good team while "riding their luck" and gettin 1-0 victories. The fact is we are a good team we just cant seem to score which is a personnel issue not a team issue.

We defend well, we can control games, we create chances and we can cope with injurys and suspensions without destroying the team. A quality striker like AJ and some defensive cover and we have got a good team and anyone who says otherwise is just clouded by our achievements last season. Had we finished 10th last season and this season we are looking at a top half finish would people be so down? Steady progression is what i see and last season was a flash in the pan, we played out of our skin for the whole season!

I predict if we sign a striker of AJ's quality, tie down Fararri and sign a right back cover we will again improve next year, as i have said before Rome wasn't built in a day so have some faith.

This season has been a bit yo-yo to say the least. So to an extent its difficult to know how the next 10 or so games pan out, and where we will finish come the end of the season.

You could say we have been fortunate since Xmas - but look at our injury list, our suspensions, Yobo being away in the AC, not getting a second striker in the transfer window, goals disallowed, keepers sent off. I wouldn't say we have been particulaly fortunate since Xmas. No more fortunate than we where unlucky during the first 10 games.

Now, when you say 'we are flattering to deceive again this season?' - I take it that is what you think we did last season when finishing at our highest ever Prem position in 4th?

We have beat teams 1-0 on so many occasions over the last couple of years. So you have to say to a degree this is more than being 'fortunate' as over so many games as this would have caught up with us to a certain degree. Basically it working and a more consistent than a lot of teams.

This 'teams have found us out' is a load of rubbish. Its never been a secret or magic formule to how we have been playing and winning games 1-0. Its based on hard work, good defensive cover and teamwork- If we had been 'found out' why are we winning most of our games at the moment - How we play makes it difficlut for teams to beat us - even when they know what we are doing - we out work them.

The reason we were so poor at the beginning of the season was purley down to bringing in so many new players and the disapointment of the CL. FACT

Now what I think a lot of us would like it to see us outplay teams as well as out work them - Trouble is to get player in our squad who can out play (and out work) other team means you have to by the worlds best player - and when you are talking £10M+ for each of these types - well it is never going to happen.

What Moyes has done is choose player for his squad who have this hard work and teamwork ethic. Moyes may be critisised of dithering, but I would guess he puts as much importance on the players attitude and character as much as he does playing ability.

After the last 10-15 years as an Everton fan - regulary and consistent winning (even only by 1-0) is far above the norm of what we have been used to.

I would rather a consistent 1-0 victory, than sometimes you win 3-1, sometimes you draw 2-2 and sometimes you lose 2-0. Becasue over three game that is either 9 point or 4 points.

We finished 4th last season - lets see were we finish this season - I think we will finish within 5-6 point from the total points we got last season. Considering the start we had that would be very season for EFC.

i dont think we have been riding our luck, quite the opposite in fact. how many disallowed goals have we had. in the last game against blackburn there were 3 of them and we had our keeper sent off, yet still we grind out a result. that shows the organistaion and determination of the team even when the luck is going against us.

Now what I think a lot of us would like it to see us outplay teams as well as out work them - Trouble is to get player in our squad who can out play (and out work) other team means you have to by the worlds best player - and when you are talking £10M+ for each of these types - well it is never going to happen.

What do you think will happen if we sign AJ and get VDM playing well? Add to that equation the flare and workrate of Arteta and we are not far off being able to outplay teams IMO.

Beattie, Cahill, Osman, Yobbo all players who you would struggle to replace for the prices paid!

We are still desperately in need of a class striker, in just two games this was shown up with dire consequences.......1-1 with Chelsea and 1-1 with Wigan, IN BOTH THOSE GAMES WE OUTPLAYED THEM FOR 45 MINS MISSED A DOZEN CHANCES AND LOST 4 POINTS, four points which would have put us in 6th place just one point behind Arsenal.

There have been other games we should have had points from, IF DM had pulled his finger out and signed some Cover for the position every Tom Dick And Harry new we needed......... a Goalscorer.

He quoted after the window had closed, that up to midnight on the 31st he was trying to get players in. :o What happened to the 30 days before that, when everybody else was buying players, why leave it till the last day. It will happen again in summer, we will be mentioned with everybody but get nobody, Man u, Reds, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Spurs are all doing the pre contract Deals NOW.

AS SOON AS THE SEASON ENDS THEY HAVE MADE DEALS TO SIGN THEIR PLAYERS RIGHT AWAY, OUR DAVEY WILL WAIT, UNTIL THE NEW SEASON IS STARTING AND WILL BE LEFT FIGHTING OVER THE SCRAPS THAT'S LEFT .

DITHERING DAVEY, if you ever read this forum, pull your finger out and get started on bringing a goalscorer in NOW.

Do the deal with Palace, and leave AJ there, IF PALACE COME UP HE STAYS THERE, IF THEY DONT COME UP HE COMES HERE, for Gods sake thats not too difficult is it.

We are still desperately in need of a class striker, in just  two games this was shown up with dire consequences.......1-1 with Chelsea and 1-1 with Wigan, IN BOTH THOSE GAMES WE OUTPLAYED THEM FOR 45 MINS MISSED A DOZEN CHANCES AND LOST 4 POINTS,  four points which would have put us in 6th place just one point behind Arsenal.

There have been other games we should have had points from, IF  DM had pulled his finger out and signed some Cover for the position every Tom Dick And Harry new we needed......... a Goalscorer.

He quoted after the window had closed, that up to midnight on the 31st he was trying to get players in. :o What happened to the 30 days before that, when everybody else was buying players, why leave it till the last day.  It will happen again in summer,  we will be mentioned with everybody but get nobody, Man u, Reds, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Spurs are all doing the pre contract Deals NOW.

AS SOON AS THE SEASON ENDS THEY HAVE MADE DEALS TO SIGN THEIR PLAYERS RIGHT AWAY,  OUR DAVEY WILL WAIT, UNTIL THE NEW SEASON IS STARTING AND WILL BE LEFT FIGHTING OVER THE SCRAPS THAT'S LEFT .

DITHERING DAVEY, if you ever read this forum, pull your finger out and get started on bringing a goalscorer in NOW.

Do the deal with Palace, and leave AJ there, IF PALACE COME UP HE STAYS THERE, IF THEY DONT COME UP HE COMES HERE,  for Gods sake thats not too difficult is it.

I do agree licker we should have a deal set up already lets hope Davey does read this forum.

I think AJ is top draw - is fast as Fook, scores goals, draws penalties, works hard on the pitch, has integrety and character (stayed to help Palace - even though is likley to have cost him a place in this summers WC) - A top fella in my books.

His pace and goal scoring ability is just what the squad needs - and his work ethic and character fit Moyes's player profile to a T. and he is not yet on this rip off £50,000+ week wages (think he is on £25,000 week contract with Palace)

Almost the perfect player for Everton as we stand at the minute. If I had the money, he is one player I would buy for the team myself.

Well Im glad that my post got you all Evertonians thinking, thought it was a bit quite yesterday and thought a good old NEGATIVE post would stir us up a bit

Anyway, its turned into the AJ thread

I think fozzie sussed it straight away ;)

I always find myself thinking what about the summer at this time of a season even last season cos we looked stretched then. I always think in the summer its gonna be different and we are gonna get more quality in the side and should score more and be at least UEFA cup worthy but it never happens. This summer we bought a load of players and arguably our best 11 isnt any stronger. Arteta granted but we had him on loan last season so I dont really count him as a summer signing. We havent got a new striker which we needed most in summer and jan, van der meyde is always injured so still kilbane on the left from last season arguably left back is the only position we are any stronger in than last season and that is only cos Pistone and Naysmith are utter shite. Ferrari may be pretty good but I think he will go back to Roma in the summer so at the end of this season despite the millions Moyes spent over summer I think our first choice 11 will be pretty much exactly the same as it was at the end of last season. I cant see that dramatically improving over the summer I dont want to be pessimistic but if we get a striker it will be someone like Nugent not a big name.

Edited by L_Blue