IGNORED

Can Beattie Be The New.........

Ihave one question which can only be answered by true Evertonians....................................................................C

an beattie be the new Duncan??? Think about it before you answer,to be the new big dunc its not just about scoring goals,its about living and dying for the cause,you know why we all love big dunc,its because he plays with the passion and intensity with which we follow the game,its like we're out there playing ourselves,its like we all like to think we'd play if we had our shot,passion,heart,everything,give it your all....Dunc's a legend.....Can beattie be the new Duncan????I think he has the potential to be,what do you think?

I am a BT convert who now believes that he can go on to do great things in his time with us..

But in reply to "Can Beattie be the new Big Dunc" i truly believe that Duncan is a one off a real "9" a man who would spit blood for the club, one who wears his heart on his sleeve.

And whilst the Radio city commentary team ask the question "Why is Dunc a hero to countless blues" this shows they do not truly understand.

So after going all around the houses i think the answer to your question is NO.

But as i said at the beginning i do believe that he will become a favourite and win over his doubters.....

I've seen games where Ferguson has run himself into the ground for the team, but I've also seen many games where he's been the laziest player on the pitch and has seemed disinterested. Ferguson's main problems have always been fitness and consistency and they're precisely the problems we don't want Beattie to have.

In my opinion, getting a tattoo on your arm shouldn't make you a legend - your performances should.

Ihave one question which can only be answered by true Evertonians....................................................................C

an beattie be the new Duncan??? Think about it before you answer,to be the new big dunc its not just about scoring goals,its about living and dying for the cause,you know why we all love big dunc,its because he plays with the passion and intensity with which we follow the game,its like we're out there playing ourselves,its like we all like to think we'd play if we had our shot,passion,heart,everything,give it your all....Dunc's a legend.....Can beattie be the new Duncan????I think he has the potential to be,what do you think?

Answering this I had to think ...would Beattie stay at Goodison?!?!

If he got an ENgland call up this world cup and managed to get a game - he would probably play well with a decent strike partner such as Owen - but that will reflect badly on us - and he will want the same support and service at club level - and we all know that Moyes aint the best when it comes to signing a striker to partner BT.

I think that he shows the passion to want to win - but I am not yet sure that he shows blue passion - and there is a difference and there lies the answer to your question...

unless he signs a lifetime contract and works his arse off every game, then no, he wont be the new dunc.

IF he continues and shows this desire he has recently found - then yes, a mini me will be born.

I am starting to really like BT because his performances are coming good and is confidence is raised. I know that the RS would love to have him over Crouch - some of the chances that they had against Chelsea, BT would have easily popped them in!!

Certainly has the potential to be a great...lets wait and see.

he certainly has a passion in his performances and speaks well for himself about the team.

since his confidence has gone up he's always looked very keen to win everything and really tries to get behind the team. I'd be quite happy to see him put the captains armband on if stubbs, weir and neville weren't playing.

only time will tell weather he can become a blue legend of sorts but I personally think he can prove himself on the field and his overall attitude seems good.