IGNORED

How Does It Happen. ?

Have read some posts on here about Blues fans coming from a mixed family ( Blues & Reds) was wandering how it all comes about. :blink:

In my case i come from a large family and have 3 brothers and myself who are Blues, and a younger brother who is a Red, as was my father.

Also have another brother who doesnt like sport of any sort, and i cant recall him ever going to a footy match.

In my case it was my uncle Tommy who took me to my first game, so i have him to thank for that, but i wonder why, with my Father being a red didnt his eldest son, my eldest brother take after the father.

I also wonder why, after having four Brothers who are blues, does my younger brother end up being a Red. :blink: !!

One of lifes mystery's that i cannot explain, has aybody else got similar circumstances, and what is your explanation of how it all came about.

some interesting stories may come out of this...................Licker.

my dad was and still is a season ticket holder to the RS.....i went a couple of times with him when i was about 6 (you dont really know then).

my uncle (his broher) is a season ticket holder at the blues (park end) and if i can recall he took me to Everton v barnsley at home (not sure but i think we won 4-2), the atmosphere at Goodison decided who i supported.

ever since that i have had a season ticket in the Lower Gwladys (since the age of 9).

my dad also has another brother who is a season ticket holder at the RS.

I guess i like the arguments and general banter in my household on derby day

COYB

i think if you ask reg he'll give you true answer.

The Red gene is a recesive gene, sometimes it can skip 1, 2 or even 3 generations whereby it may appear that the family is true blue they then turn out to be of mixed breed.

my sister did it to piss me and my dad off. she got into football when she was about 21 and decided the shite would be the team to go with. only other reason she gave was that she was moving to chester so would be in a good place to go and see them (but not Everton??? :angry: ) in any case it's good to have a bit of rivalry.

when we went 3 down against chelsea in the FA cup she txtd me saying "can you bear to watch any more". I wasn't going to reply to this comment but 2 minutes later up comes the RS score, 2-0 down, suddenly I have every reason to reply to the girl!

My Dad had a works season ticket to take him plus a "Client" me and my older brother used to take turns of peace to attend the matches. I would have been more of a football fan than him playing and watching so in the end he just used to take me. First game was againts Spurs I remember Gazza coming on as a sub and me dad saying to me watch this fella he is a genious, little twit tho!!

The atmosphere was amazing cant remember the score for my sins. I remember crying when my dad left for another company as I had to give up the ticket!

I then was big and ugly enough to buy my own season ticket which I had for 8 seasons before shipping off to Dublin..

me mum and dad are and always have been blues, me two older brothers are blues.

me two sisters are liverpool fans but dont no much about football....the reason that they are RS. me little bro is a RS aswell....again knows fuck all about football

so simply the superior beings in my family are blues :D:D:D

I've always been a blue and dont know why. My dad wasn't into football at all, but I have one brother who is blue and one who is "red". Amazingly true to form both me and me brother go the match while my other brother has never been a game in his life (strange that).

Born in Middlesex and brought up in Surrey so don't know how it happened really. Dad was a Spurs fan, big bro is red (but not been to Analfield :lol: ). I have no recollection of the '66 cup final (I was six) but by '68 I was blue..my dad got two tickets for the final but took my brother 'cos he'd been promised them much earlier in the season and as second born I missed out :angry: . So at some point between '66 and '68 I must have been visited in a dream by the ghost of Fred Geary and told of my good fortune!!!

Am in the process of forming Blue dynasty though, can't see my lad allowing any child of his to turn to the dark side.

Edited by mikeo

got one sister shes a blue (marrying a manc though, and been to old traford as many times as Goodison!) my dad is a blue, his dad was a blue his dad was a blue. my mum says shes a blue on saturdays, but when the shite play shes a red, her mum was a red and her dad was a blue, so the girls on my mums side (my aunties) are reds and the boys (my uncles) are blues