IGNORED

We Deserved More

efc 4life

i think our performance was solid we got some real good chances and the crosses were very impressive, at one point i could not imagine this as an Everton loss (draw maybe, looked that was for a while).

we were really quiet up front but i believe we can not expect miricales playing a lone striker, i can see the sense of playing a lone striker at a place like st jamess park but i am upset about the score!!

what do u lads reckon about the:

game

result

performance

and the display of the new keeper (i think he played ok)

Kilbane was absolutely shocking, he is a winger but he cannot beat the full back. He knocks it past and chases after it but he does not even have any pace so how does he expect to reach the ball first?

Arteta is much more effective in central midfield in my opinion. I don't know why Moyes plays him right and doggy Davies in the centre.

We never looked like scoring from open play but at least Arteta was putting in his usual perfect crosses from set pieces, just a pity we could not finish them.

To be honest there were very few positives that could be taken from that game apart from the defensive performance for the first hour.

EFC4LIFE SAID........................."WE DESERVED BETTER".

No we didnt, we cant expect any team to roll over and hand anything to us, we didnt get any reward because to win games you have to score goals.

19 GOALS FOR IN 27 LEAGUE GAMES SHOWS WHERE WE ARE NOT DOING THE BUSINESS

Last season was the same, we finished in 4th position and still had a minus goal difference (wonder how long it is since the 4th team has done that ...if ever.)

We the supporters have known of this weakness for 18 months, dont you think the manager should also know, but what has been done to rectify the situation, sweet FOOK ALL.

We started the season short and got even shorter when the club cashed in on getting rid of Bent, a replacement should have been the priority, or at least you keep hold of what you've got.

How can you expect defenders and midfielders to make do, in what is a vital, and most important part within the framework of a TEAM.

PERSONALLY, I DONT THINK THAT ENOUGH EFFORT WAS PUT IN TO BRING IN A GOALSCORING FORWARD, and if it be the Boards Decision, or the Managers, or a combination of both im not sure, but one thing i am sure of is, IF YOU DONT SCORE GOALS, YOU DONT WIN MATCHES.

How much longer before the powers that be wake up to the problem.

We played decent in defence, played decent in midfield, but we didnt score.

So in answer to your Question................ NO WE DIDNT DESERVE ANYTHING BETTER THAN WHAT WE GOT.

Licker.

i think our performance was solid we got some real good chances and the crosses were very impressive, at one point i could not imagine this as an Everton loss (draw maybe, looked that was for a while).

we were really quiet up front but i believe we can not expect miricales playing a lone striker, i can see the sense of playing a lone striker at a place like st jamess park but i am upset about the score!!

what do u lads reckon about the:

game

result

performance

and the display of the new keeper (i think he played ok)

I thought that our downfall was the fact that BT (who is playing very well) was again on his own. McFadden plays well with him (coz BT pulls defenders away). There were some proper good crosses put in from all angles but we had nothing in the final 3rd to attack the ball and make the difference. Infact our two best chances came from set piece headers from Weir!!!

We are not deadly enough up front, BT cant do it onhis own. We looked much, much better when we went 4-4-2 and newcastle were there for the taking. Had we signed a poacher with pace, the result would have been different.

Yobo was shit and he cant play RB - he was lost for a lot of the Skunks attacks. Bad mistake using him. We missed Hibbo at the back.

Midfield was v.good and showed the skunks multimillion pound set-up how to play, which was nice since they all could have been EFC players.

overall...gutted...we should have picked 3 points up at the skunks. Next up, a big, big game against West Ham...

Would like to add that Solano's second goal was poor defending by Valente - but what a finish!

Westerveld was solid I thought and had a good game - had no chance with either goals. Quite confident for somebody who has trained once with the players in front of him and hasn't played 1st team football for a while. (or Reserve team football for that matter!

Dont know if you noticed or not but solano's 1st goal it was a blatant 2 handed push on Valente as the cross was coming over, thats how valente ended up in the net.

On solano's 2nd goal he was cruelly exposed because the left midfield man was nowhere to be seen, never tracked back.

I've got to agree with Licker on this one - we showed a lack of teeth when it counted and in the Prem you can't get away with that. It is all very good and well being able to to shut up shop 1-0 up, but we have yet to fight back from behind so far (B'burn game don't count) and we show a lack of character when it comes to a good old fashioned fight back.

Carsley was a shadow of his former self and he still misses Tommy G, we need a strong front two, no if's and's or but's, we will continue to struggle with goals until that happens.

Don't get me wrong, from the bad start to the season to now we have done bloody well to get to mid-table, I love my club deeply but sometimes I feel like I've come home and found my true love (sorry Tara) in bed with someone else, and it f*cking hurts.

p.s. I think whoever did the ratings in the News of the World didn't watch the game - Elliot was effective and Valente was not as poor as they rated him. From now on I'm just going to stick to looking at the tit's in that rag.

ATB

Mac

Edited by Mac 1970

Guest fozzie22
EFC4LIFE SAID........................."WE DESERVED BETTER".

No we didnt, we cant expect any team to roll over and hand anything to us, we didnt get any reward because to win games you have to score goals.

19 GOALS FOR IN 27 LEAGUE GAMES SHOWS WHERE WE ARE NOT DOING THE BUSINESS

Last season was the same, we finished in 4th position and still had a minus goal difference (wonder how long it is since the 4th team has done that ...if ever.)

We the supporters have known of this weakness for 18 months, dont you think the manager should also know, but what has been done to rectify the situation, sweet FOOK ALL.

We started the season short and got even shorter when the club cashed in on getting rid of Bent, a replacement should have been the priority,  or at least you keep hold of what you've got.

How can you expect defenders and midfielders to make do, in what is a vital, and most important part within the framework of a TEAM.

PERSONALLY, I DONT THINK THAT ENOUGH EFFORT WAS PUT IN TO BRING IN A GOALSCORING FORWARD,  and if it be the Boards Decision, or the Managers, or a combination of both im not sure, but one thing i am sure of is, IF YOU DONT SCORE GOALS, YOU DONT WIN MATCHES.

How much longer before the powers that be wake up to the problem.

We played decent in defence, played decent in midfield, but we didnt score.

So in answer to your Question................ NO WE DIDNT DESERVE ANYTHING BETTER THAN WHAT WE GOT.

Licker.

Got to agree

beattie indeed shuoldn't play up front on his own.

he likes to go and get the ball and sometimes run off down the wing. he can put good balls into the box at times, which would be great if we had 2 strikers as there'd be someone there to do something with his cross but frequently he'll play the ball into an empty box. Even when he holds it up, which he also does quite well sometimes we don't get anyone in there.

the game was there for the taking at half time, newcastle had looked a little better at going forward but they didn't really look like scoring and the defence looked a little shakey when we attacked them.

however the second half they came out and took advantage of our weaknesses. we had 2 slow centre backs and another playing out of position on the right (yobo). Both goals came down his side first was a fast break catching them all out, you could see it was a goal the second we lost it on the half way. second was played quickly across the front of the 16 yard area through a few players.

Both goals were very good and all credit to the skunks manager who had probably told them how to go out and play in the second half, where they'd get their goal. And they did it.

Cracking second goal as well, that's got to be in for goal of the month, great build up and the finish was top top quality.

I agree, but for an hour we were the better team, had more efforts on goal and could have, with a better strikeforce, been 2-0 up at half time.

The lack of a decent partner for Beattie is costing us points, he cant do it all on his own.

That problem should be getting sorted NOW, but dithering Davey will leave it until the opening day of the new season, and all the decent strikers will be signed by other clubs.

I feel a bit of sympathy for our midfielders at the moment, who besides doing their own job, have to track back and cover for 2 slow aging centre backs, and also have to provide the goals because we're short of forwards to play up with Beattie, Davey is asking a bit too much of them, and if he is not carefull, we could lose Cahill and Arteta to other clubs, in the Close season.

Wouldnt say it was a fair result, we outplayed them for 60 minutes. Give Rhoeder his due his has organised them well since Suey left. He knows they are not good defending set pieces so he places two men on the posts which worked twice!

Their first goal as Licker said was a push on Valente I am at a loss to why nobody appealed against it, second goal was a cracker not much we could do.

Davies in the centre of the park was disapointing again, I was expecting alot more from him the season, Arteta should play centre with Cahill as they are our best players.

Score line flattered them and Given made a great save from an Arteta Free Kick. Beattie missed another great chance at 2-0, would have been a consolation maybe but our goal difference needs all the help it can get at the moment. Why Moyes persists in player Kilbane is behond me especially when Faddy is finally finding for. They have a young in experience Right Back in Ramage but we didnt test him.

Yobo at right back aswell is a no no Farrari is much better in that position. I think its time to revert to farrari and Yobo at centre half to get them used to eachother for next season.

Again we dropped 3 points due to the lack of a goalscorer to play along side Beattie.

I also see that Blackburn have applied for the Intertoto cup.

Guest fozzie22

Having thought about it,the same problems are still there that where very apparant thru novemeber/december.

We go a goal down and then nothing,little to no response to get back at them,its a problem thats been masked by our good run,but is still very much there,and has to be addressed quickly.

Striker..well we know we need1-2 strikers,but DD thinks otherwise.:/

what i think myself, is at home (on a good day) we impose ourself we play quick with the ball play high line and are in the oppersition's faces for 90 minutes, now i know people say "you are away from home" but i don't buy it. If you put the oppersition under so much pressure, thier own fans will turn on them.

twice now i've have seen our downfall (chelsea and now newcastle), we play too deep when we do not have a lead as such to take away with us, when we havent got the ball, we should show no respect to where we are, who we are playing, or how good they are, you put someone under pressure they will make mistakes. i cannot stand us playing defensive football when some teams are there for the taking.

solano's second was a great strike that no amount of 'not tracking back' can account for. some of them go in, most of them don't.

as for Everton, i didnt think you played too badly, but yobo was awful. we appeared capable of making a threat down our left hand side all game, and i wasnt surprised that when the goal came it was from that particular area. arteta looked good, (not quite 10/10 as the observer gave him mind you!?), but the consensus in newcastle, even from the evertonians i had a beer with after the game, was that parker made the difference. you didnt get much joy in the middle all game, and although i'm aware a few people on here seem to think he could have gone, if that were the case cahill would have been walking as well. with shearer and owen out, its a testament to the new found confidence that simply getting rid of souness has done to the club that has left fans quietly confident in such a situation. ameobi isn't a great stiker as long as i've got a hole in my arse.

evertonians always seem good crack in newcastle, and its always good to have a drink after the game with like minded football fans, who are passionate about their team, capable of reasoned discussion, and like the lads i was with, couldnt give the slightest fuck about england. good luck for the rest of the season.