IGNORED

Liam Lawrence

Altho i like the lad, do we really need another M/Fielder, i think we should save any money we have, to put towards a strike partner for Beats.

Pick up Johnathan Stead for buttons now, only a matter of time before he starts scoring again. :) him and Tekke in the summer plus a goalie is all we need.

Think hed has just been called up to the Irish squad another midfielder think he plays down the left though swap him for Killer!! seriously though as Mac says not worth 2 mill dont need to strengthen in the midfield all the other 3 areas should come 1st

Could it be a different Sunderland player we are after:

Player Pages: Grant Leadbitter Sunderland face a real battle to hang onto starlet Grant Leadbitter.

The 20-year-old midfielder has broken into the first team in recent weeks and impressed with his wholehearted displays.

The England youth international is out of contract in the summer and is yet to agree terms and it has now emerged that a number of clubs are tracking his progress.

Everton, Aston Villa, Birmingham and Charlton are all considering making a move for the player - who would likely be available for a nominal sum.

Leadbitter, being under 23, could not move for free, but a tribunal is unlikely to place a huge fee on the price of a player who has only played a handful of first team games.

Despite Mick McCarthy's departure from the Stadium of Light, Sunderland have opened talks with the player in a bid to secure his services.

Leadbitter's agent Ian Elliott would not confirm whether there was any interest in his client.

"All we can say at this moment is that talks are ongoing," he told skysports.com

I can see what your saying Scouse, but you said it yourself, do we need to strengthen our mid-field?. Striker? - yes, Goalie? - yes, one or two defenders? - definately.

Lets see what the world cup throws at us, and a quick one to Moysie - check players out with a scout this time you ginger b*ll*ck.

ATB

Mac

lawrence is poo but hes better than kilbane, complete liability kilbane, has 1 good game every few months we need to get rid, so i wud swap. arca id love but no chance he loves them mackems too much.... wudnt take ne sunderland player tbh theyre jus plain crap.....if any leadbitter, arca.... but tht all

wudnt mind some from pompey or whoever else goes down