take note of the bit at the bottom.

Apparently David Moyes signed Per Kroldrup without going to see him himself,

took the advice of a European scout working for the club. A

£5.1 million bid was lodged and Udinese the Italian club who Kroldrup was

playing for couldn't believe their luck and immediately accepted Everton's

bid.

Only after the player was signed and all the necessary paperwork had been

completed, and the player himself had completed his first training session

with his new team mates did Moyes begin to smell a rat.

Moyes was apparently totally unimpressed with what he had seen and it was

only then after he made enquiries with the scout that it dawned on him.

Everton had signed the WRONG player!!!

The player the scout had watched had been Kroldrup's centre-back partner!

This was why the Everton bid was immediately successful and they

(Udinese) were it has been reported, totally amazed with the size of the

bid.

So, Moyes now had a problem, he had a centre-back he knew was not good

enough for the Premiership, he also needed to off-load him and get back if

possible the club's £5.1 million.

How was he going to do this without losing face with the Everton fans.

The first thing he did was report to the press that Kroldrup was injured, he

did in fact have a slight injury but not enough to keep him out for 3

months, which is what happened.

Eventually through pressure from local phone-ins, fan groups and local and

national press asking questions about this £5.1 million invisible man, and

also because of the club's injury list, Weir was injured etc, he eventually

had to play him against Villa at Villa Park.

It was there that David Moyes worst fears were realised, Kroldrup had a

stinker, was out of his depth and Moyes knew it.

The problem now was that other managers had now seen Kroldrup's

non-performance so there was no chance of them getting back their £5.1

million- and he knew it.

It has been recently reported that Fiorentina have put in a bid for

£3.6 million, my source tells me that is in fact bull, they have offered

Everton 1 million Euros- which is approximately £700,000.

An agreement has been reached with Fiorentina to release to the media that

the figure is £3.6 million, mainly, to save face at Everton Football Club.

So, there you have it, mismanagement on a grand scale which goes to show how

EFC went from being called the Mersey Millionaires in the sixty's to the

total shambles which the club is today.

Moyes apparently blames Chief Executive Wyness, he blames the European

scout, and others within the club blame Chairman Bill Kenwright.

Been posted before and in my mind all ancient history now!

BK & Big Kieth should never be involved in transfares until the cheque is about to be written and as for Moyes if he cant rely on the scouts then they shouldnt be scouts at EFC and he should watch the player himself!

I think this is one of our major issues at Goodison at the mo' because after the years he's been here he should have a decent scouting network and also a trusted man he can rely on to watch players when he cant make it himself. It seems like Moyes has none of these things available to him and that is his fault alone.

Get it sorted Davey i think you can be a great manager but you let yourself down in so many ways.

Edited by GoldfishMemory

Is this for real ??????????? :blink: I'm a great supporter of Moyes, but if this was true, it would test my belief in him (and sanity !!!!!)

But .........surely if this WAS even half true, Moyes would have sifted through copious amounts of video footage of the handsome Per before signing him ??????? I can't (or waybe don't want to ) believe it. :huh:

Thats not the only shambles, Davey is one catalogue of failed transfer dealings. Besides the Kroldrop fiasco, there has been lots of Cock-ups.....................

Van Der Meyde, and more recently Nugent, Bellamy, and the last ditch cloak and dagger move to f##k up the Tekke deal, the night before the transfer window closed.

Bill Kenwrights lovin it, he's never had so many ideas for his pantomime Theatre shows.

We need a director of Football to watch over Davey, cos thats one part of him that i'm not happy about.

Licker.

Thats not the only shambles, Davey is one catalogue of failed transfer dealings.  Besides the Kroldrop fiasco, there has been lots of Cock-ups.....................

Van Der Meyde, and more recently Nugent, Bellamy, and the last ditch cloak and dagger move to f##k up the Tekke deal, the  night before the transfer window closed.

Bill Kenwrights lovin it, he's never had so many ideas for his pantomime Theatre shows.

We need a director of Football to watch over Davey, cos thats one part of him that i'm not happy about.

Licker.

definatly agree with the Director of football idea there licker....who could do it tho???? cnt c that bein true to be honest (bit of wishful thinkin there i think)...dnt dispute that wer shit in the transfer market tho...sissoko was another deal they managed 2 fuck up

Sissoko never agreed to sign for blues, the others did, until Davey had words with them and then Changed their mind, only one he did buy Vd Meyde, it was three months befor he played, and it'll another three months befor he plays again.

Guest fozzie22
Thats not the only shambles, Davey is one catalogue of failed transfer dealings.  Besides the Kroldrop fiasco, there has been lots of Cock-ups.....................

Van Der Meyde, and more recently Nugent, Bellamy, and the last ditch cloak and dagger move to f##k up the Tekke deal, the  night before the transfer window closed.

Licker.

Aye its a mother of cock ups thats for sure..

I will start a fund for a bra that Everton needs..

It should fit BK,KW and DM

Aye its a mother of cock ups thats for sure..

I will start a fund for a bra that Everton needs..

It should fit BK,KW and DM

Yeah but really...

everytime that there is a cock up (In any club) or a player leaves almost unannounced, there is always a 'apparently' story to accompany it.

Sure, some of them are probably along the right lines. But most of them are complete fantasy.

The club can not hide the difference between taking £700,000 and £3.6m in its books, it is impossible to do.

Also, for tax purposes, the real figure would not less than that published - why would it be? Surely the tax man would tip up with a bill based on £3.6m and want proof that it was a hoax...then we would get to hear about that ... especially the share holders.

At the end of the day - if kroldrup was as poor as the narrative above describes, then Fiorentina would not have signed him - AND played him in the same week.

would they?

i have chosen not to believe this story because it makes efc look like absolute idiots. surely we didnt pay over £5m for the wrong player, that would be ludicrous. koldrup has a v good rep throughout europe, didnt graveson give him his seal of approval when he moved?

the whole koldrup thing does seem to be a bit weird though, if it was true, no wonder we are always skint!

On the subject of a Director of Football, we could do worse than Howard Kendall. I don't know of his availability, but we know him and even after a dodgy last stint, the guy knows football, domestic and continental.

Just a thought.

ATB

Mac

Edited by Mac 1970

On the subject of a Director of Football, we could do worse than Howard Kendall. I don't know of his availability, but we know him and even after a dodgy last stint, the guy knows football, domestic and continental.

Just a thought.

ATB

Mac

True , true .. . but Kendall (legend) doesn't know how to spend big money.

Its going to have to be somebody like Robson or Venables. Someone not scared of airing their views and certainly not scared when it comes to spending somebody elses money.

Rowlo, since when have we had money to spend, after all we have a shortfall in the Koldrop fiasco to make up.

Howard, IMO has a relationship with the fans that the board will never understand, I would like to think that he would jump at the chance to come home, but are we really that big a proposition these days?.

Venables has too much history and Robson has the reputation and little else.

ATB

Mac

Guest fozzie22

Just a thought.

ATB

Mac

I'd have Kendall as director anyday of the week..

When Koldrup signed Moyes stated that they had been watching him for 2 -3 years and they only moved in when they knew Udinese needed the money and couldn't believe they wanted to sell him. I think it's ludicrous in this day and age that clubs would buy somebody on a scouts recomendation. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but knowing how careful are Davey is with money there is no way that has happened. At the end of the day there are players out there who are just not suited for a certain style of play or league.

Guest fozzie22
When Koldrup signed Moyes stated that they had been watching him for 2 -3 years and they only moved in when they knew Udinese needed the money and couldn't believe they wanted to sell him. I think it's ludicrous in this day and age that clubs would buy somebody on a scouts recomendation. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but knowing how careful are Davey is with money there is no way that has happened. At the end of the day there are players out there who are just not suited for a certain style of play or league.

All it proved was this,Everton are masters of spin,and if he did sign the player without watching him well.... :blink:

I think the main problem with Moyes dealings is his inexperience. He has only had one managerial position before Everton and has never had to handle European deals and also the extensive press inrtusion into dealings. I agree a Director of Football may be able to advise and guide Moyes so hopefully in the future he'll gain enough experience to buy the best our money can get

Guest fozzie22
I think the main problem with Moyes dealings is his inexperience.  He has only had one managerial position before Everton and has never had to handle European deals and also the extensive press inrtusion into dealings.  I agree a Director of Football may be able to advise and guide Moyes so hopefully in the future he'll gain enough experience to buy the best our money can get

4 years is long enough now..

I think the main problem with Moyes dealings is his inexperience.

Signing a valuable player like this is a collective decision.

if the player signed was not the one the scout had recommended then an apalling error has been made somewhere in the chain.

there should be consequences. whover made the error should resign or be fired. if it was the md he should stand down.

and if its true we signed a player without any member of the management going to see him play, either moyes or his assistant, that is totally unacceptable.

this may be an individual error, but more likely its a corporate mistake. in either case there should be consequences.