IGNORED

Proof

Farky

Impending fatherhood may rule out McFadden

MARK WILSON March 03 2006

James McFadden will not travel with the Scotland squad to the Kirin Cup in Japan if he feels there is a risk of missing the birth of his first child.

The Everton forward's partner, Gillian, is due in late June and, while that is a month after Walter Smith's squad visit the Far East, he is unwilling to take any chances.

Scotland will play Japan and another side, likely to be from South America, in matches on May 10 and 13 as preparations continue for the Euro 2008 qualifiers.

"If there is any danger of Gillian going into labour or anything else happening then there is only one place I will be and that isn't Japan," he said.

"I've not thought too much about it as yet, but if there is a chance of anything happening early then I won't be travelling with Scotland. Gillian is due on June 29. We are settled down south so she'll have the baby there. But don't worry, it will still be Scottish."

McFadden was awarded a silver medal by the Scottish Football Association after earning his 25th cap in Wednesday's 3-1 friendly defeat from Switzerland. The presentation, achieved at the age of just 22, could not add sheen to yet another Hampden defeat.

"It was nice to get my silver medal and I hope to get another 25 caps, but it can't take away from a disappointing night," said McFadden. "First and foremost, neither the performance or the result was any good. It seems we have to chase games because we fall behind and I don't have the answer to why that is.

"I've had highs and lows in my Scotland career, but that's football and that's life."

The former Motherwell player's Premiership career has taken an upturn this season, with David Moyes more willing to trust him with regular selection in the Everton first team.

"The most pleasing things are that I'm playing more regularly at Everton and I'm enjoying my football," he said.

"I've always said that I would stick it out. I'm happy at the club because there are good people there, from the staff to the players.

"I have worked hard every day since I joined Everton and tried to force the manager into playing me. I feel as if I've come a long way in terms of showing him what I can do. To play in the Premiership was the chance of a lifetime and I have no regrets."

Easter House girl will be gutted as he is hardly available either way....

Find's out he is straight but an expectant father.

Never thought he was personally espec, in regards to the legendary Hong kong Young James escapade's with the national team.

Does make ya wonder some times when these guys summmeee cant hit a Barn Door with a Banjo, but manage to hit the wee wet spot with their dart's.

Puzzlin.

( May explain the lack of wee Bairn's in the Radzinski, Bent Clans though.)