IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

Both nothing to do with my subjects.

Haha its a great career though the gaming market is always going to get bigger a lad i used to play an online game with on occasion "Enemy Territory" used to commentate on a few games as he was gash at the game :lol: he's now been signed up by QuadV and travels around the world getting good money to commentate on various tournaments i know its not what you want to do but just an example of how big the gaming market and its opportunities are.

Romey you student bum :lol:

Edited by EFC-Paul

If you dont mind me asking chaps what is it you are all or most of you studying and what do you wish to do once/if :lol: you complete your courses?

I'm still at the start of the education system at high school. I leave in the summer of 2010 and I'm unsure like most people of what I'm going to be doing in the future. I obviously want to make it as a footballer and like most people I'm not going to give up on that dream until it's too late. I've opted to take a computer course along with History and Physical Education for my GCSE's. I've no idea what I'll do in college. As something to fall back on from football I guess I would like to be a zoologist, I don't know right now to be honest.

Should I know what I want to be? Or is it still early days?

Should I know what I want to be?

Some do, some don't. I made it up as I went along.

My first proper job offer was as a junior electrical draughtsman for Hawker Siddeley at Dunsfold Aerodrome (most famous as Top Gear's race track). Was about to accept when I fell into another career completely (I was seventeen), then changed completely again in 1994 (was thirty-four).

My life has so far gone in seventeen year chunks, waiting with great anticipation to see what happens in 2011 :lol: .

Guest efctaxi
I'm still at the start of the education system at high school. I leave in the summer of 2010 and I'm unsure like most people of what I'm going to be doing in the future. I obviously want to make it as a footballer and like most people I'm not going to give up on that dream until it's too late. I've opted to take a computer course along with History and Physical Education for my GCSE's. I've no idea what I'll do in college. As something to fall back on from football I guess I would like to be a zoologist, I don't know right now to be honest.

Just be sure to keep as many options open with your education as possible . Then when you know what you want to do , you'll still have a chance of pursuing it .

If you aren't strong academically , then be sure to get a trade once you leave school .

As Mike said Dark some do some dont and even if you get an opportunity that you want it may not be for you one day you'll think when your doing something you never thought you would highnsight is a great thing :lol:

I've only just turned twenty four and have switched careers since leaving school into two totally different types of work i left school i was a labourer for my cousin for a couple of months then went on to get my NVQ's in Carpentry and Joinery then got into kitchen fitting for the next five to six year most part self employed i have now been working for the Railway for the last six months in a great job which pays well good pension and so on which i never thought i would end up doing :rolleyes: you just dont know mate most of the time.

It depends on how well you know yourself, really. Some people know from a young age that they have a gift for something, and never waver in their pursuit of it. I went to primary school with a kid who was a brilliant piano player already by second and third grade. It's no surprise to any of us who knew him back then that he now records classical CDs and tours the world playing with major symphony orchestras, because he not only had the talent, he also had the drive and the focus to put in all the long hours of practice it takes to achieve that kind of success.

I, on the other hand, kept changing my mind about what I wanted to do all the way up through and even past finishing university. I ended up in a much different profession than what I planned when I started school, but fortunately my degree (history) still carried over very nicely to my current career. One of my friends got an accounting degree, spent six months working for an accounting firm, and decided that he absolutely hated it. Ended up taking a job with an environmental company instead and had to go back to uni again for a second degree, because all the accounting stuff he learned was now completely useless. Both of us turned out just fine, though. So I'd say, don't sweat it. If you have an idea of what you'd like to do, that's great, but keep an open mind. If you start to take classes towards a goal and discover you have either no interest or no aptitude for it, don't force yourself to keep slogging through it. Take a step back and look at some of your other classes, what subjects you especially enjoyed or maybe had more of a knack for; there might be another path out there that's a better fit for you.

Im not 100% what i want to do so your ok at the moment. One day i want to be computer games designer, the next work in the media. I cant choose. But as a kid i wanted to be a Formula 1 driver. Gutted Im not a millionaire to fund that dream.

If you dont mind me asking chaps what is it you are all or most of you studying and what do you wish to do once/if :lol: you complete your courses?

I am currently studying an MA in Film Production, which I will finish in 1 month, after previously completing a BA in Film and Theatre. I have already done a fair bit of free lance work in the film industry and hope to get full time work within the media industry. Though that is looking more and more unlikely. This is probably the worst possible time to be going into the industry. BBC have recently cut 8,000 jobs, ITV 10,000, Five have cut there work force by 25%. Very scary times. I can't fucking wait. I have put in a fair few applications already and am now waiting to hear something back.

I am currently studying an MA in Film Production, which I will finish in 1 month, after previously completing a BA in Film and Theatre. I have already done a fair bit of free lance work in the film industry and hope to get full time work within the media industry. Though that is looking more and more unlikely. This is probably the worst possible time to be going into the industry. BBC have recently cut 8,000 jobs, ITV 10,000, Five have cut there work force by 25%. Very scary times. I can't fucking wait. I have put in a fair few applications already and am now waiting to hear something back.

Good luck mate

It does sound that you might need some look with the statistics but I can't see them turning you away if your good enough, you'll manage just fine. If you put your mind to it I guess anything is possible - Good Luck with it mate, be sure to post again when all goes well :)

It does sound that you might need some look with the statistics but I can't see them turning you away if your good enough, you'll manage just fine. If you put your mind to it I guess anything is possible - Good Luck with it mate, be sure to post again when all goes well :)

The problem is that with all the redundancies there are now alot of over qualified people looking for work now, so coming in at a lower level like I am with little experience is becoming harder and harder. A few years ago there where alot of graduate positions available. Now its alot harder. I think I will need luck. Fingers crossed eh?

I've been up since about half 7 because of the sun shining into my room :angry:

I've been up since the same time too, which isn't good on a weekend. I managed to get up at 12:00 yesterday which was nice after some really early starts in the week. I had to get up this morning ahead of schedule and had to do my best to bring myself around. I had a little go on the Xbox which helped (one more mission done on Tomb Raider) before heading out. The bloody sun was terrible, in my eyes for the whole first half :angry:

I need to invest in some new mates ¬_¬

Tch!