Longest Thread!

Ian

2 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I've recently discovered that once you hit a certain age, apparently all the health things start happening to you. Just turned 34, and I've thankfully been extremely fortunate to have had a very healthy life, with almost no exceptions.

Now within the last 3 months, I all of a sudden developed (what we think?) is sports asthma, still trying to diagnose exactly what's wrong. My acid reflux has gotten so bad that I'm having to go see a doctor, and I developed a stye in my eye due to getting a piece of sand in there playing volleyball.

WHY DIDN'T ANYONE WARN ME ABOUT THE PERILS OF YOUR MID-30'S.

Shouldn't have had that vaccine, mate... Just kidding :lol: 

It's all downhill from here. Make the most of your legs before they fall off or you get arthritis in your knees 😛.

3 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I've recently discovered that once you hit a certain age, apparently all the health things start happening to you. Just turned 34, and I've thankfully been extremely fortunate to have had a very healthy life, with almost no exceptions.

Now within the last 3 months, I all of a sudden developed (what we think?) is sports asthma, still trying to diagnose exactly what's wrong. My acid reflux has gotten so bad that I'm having to go see a doctor, and I developed a stye in my eye due to getting a piece of sand in there playing volleyball.

I found my first grey pube yesterday. I am out of sympathy.

On 22/09/2021 at 17:44, dunlopp9987 said:

I can sympathise.  I was a vibrant and healthy male and then as soon as I turned 70, things started to go wrong.  Apart from the odd football injury and occasional cold, I had never been 'ill'. I had only ever been in hospital once, when I was 8 years old (got knocked down) but since 70 I have been in several times.  Still, I had a good run so can't complain.

On 20/09/2021 at 20:07, Matt said:

Today is the last big step of the last 12 months. Just less than a year ago I was in A&E in Switzerland having collaped and cut my head. Since then I've left the country I love, relocated back to my old stomping ground with a new job (that's since been made permanent, that I'm loving and who appreciate me), finally got C's visa sorted and today we completed on our first house purchase. All whilst going teetotal on booze, sleeping medz and antidepressants. 

What a difference 12 months makes. 

Matt

Well done.  That's great news. Hope all the good vibes continue.

Johnh

7 hours ago, MikeO said:

What's the fuel situation back there guys? I'm supposed to be driving up to Scotland on Sunday, is that a sensible idea?

I filled up today at a Tesco store took less than 10 minutes, passed 3 BP stations today no fuel in any of them. Should be alright mate but take your walking boots just in case. 

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I filled up today at a Tesco store took less than 10 minutes, passed 3 BP stations today no fuel in any of them. Should be alright mate but take your walking boots just in case. 

I'll take some Speedo Mick pants as well just in case😂. I'm a bit upset he walked through my village while I was here a couple of weeks back tbh.

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I filled up at Costco the other day. Should see me through the madness. Wife needs to get her car sorted. 

Craziness, as far as I can tell (from far away) the press are blaming the government but it's the press themselves who've created the panic. Last time I was here there were riots going on at home; every time I leave the country it goes to pieces😂

On 27/09/2021 at 19:47, MikeO said:

Craziness, as far as I can tell (from far away) the press are blaming the government but it's the press themselves who've created the panic. Last time I was here there were riots going on at home; every time I leave the country it goes to pieces😂

It is all madness.

One day the news reported that BP and Esso (or someone like that) had to close a couple of their forecourts because they didn't have enough drivers.

The next day it escalated to a fuel shortage crisis and then the next day there were queues everywhere and the fuel had run out because of consumer decisions. I watched a segment yesterday where they interviewed a fuel station owner and instead of arranging deliveries for 3-4 tankers a week, he was organising 2 tankers a day.

If the news didn't run the story at all, we would all be sitting here without any shortages (bar the odd location). All people are doing is lining the pockets of the oil companies and they are returning the favour by increasing the prices.

46 minutes ago, patto said:

You will be fine all the idiots now running around with full tanks by the time your home there will be an excess 

Yup thanks for that, home now. I filled up at the first garage I saw after the airport, bit of a queue but no bother.

Again a great weekend in Liverpool, up for the Genesis concert. Thanks to everyone who stops when you are hesitating at a street junction and to the chap from Northern Ireland "I live here, can I help?" when looking for a restaurant on Saturday night that didn't have a wait of 2 hours!! I should have known from before and booked. Brilliant Chinese though. Every visit I know why I was chosen.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MikeO said:

What to do when an old friend reconnects through the wonders of social media, a guy who was a great mate when I was at my lowest and a regular squash opponent when I got back on track. He's now a big Farage fan but perversely has a Thai internet wife, madness.

Play squash with him again and beat him. Over and over. 

In Spain for a week meeting with the agent and builder, it was 29 today currently sat out side on the balcony with some Queso Jamon and a decent bottle of red, life doesn’t get much better unless you’re in Goodison of course.