IGNORED

New F1 Season

MikeO

Anyone else looking forward to this? I love it. And there is just the possibility that Jensen Button might actually win the odd race this year plus the huge bonus that Jim Rosenthal has resigned/been replaced/whatever by Steve Ryder and Jim Rosenthal winds me right up..

Guest fozzie22

I love F1,from way back when.....

Now i have to say this but i cant see Button ever winning a world championship,i dont know why but he just doesnt cut the mustard for me,he's in the same mould as coulthard,a nearly man.

And yes i'm glad to have Steve Ryder back doing what he does best :)

Now i have to say this but i cant see Button ever winning a world championship,i dont know why but he just doesnt cut the mustard for me,he's in the same mould as coulthard,a nearly man.

Take your point but I think he's better than Coultard, though not really top level. Schumacher, Alonso and Raikkonen would have won races in the BAR two years ago I think but Jensens not far behind them. This year will tell.

This is from the official F1 website...

Will Renault and McLaren carry on where they left off in 2005, when the red lights go out in Bahrain this weekend? It may seem a reasonable assumption, given the amount of mileage and the speed both teams have shown in testing. However, it also begs the question: who might challenge them?

The definite answer is Honda.

Jenson Button has covered more test mileage than anyone else, and set the fastest time during the last run in Barcelona. As we have mentioned previously, there is a menace about Honda this year that is wholly reminiscent of their halcyon days with Williams and McLaren in the 1980s and ‘90s.

Honda also have arguably the strongest driver line-up, in terms of speed, precision, level-headedness and resistance to silly mistakes or self-inflicted wounds.

Edited by mikeo

Guest fozzie22

TBH i thought honda would have made a much bigger impact on thier comeback to F1,the fact its taken them so long to get there act together must be a worry for them.

But on paper at least its a clean start for everyone with the new engine sizes..FFS make em go faster i say..not (in thoery) slower.

Mclaren looked much the stronger of the 2 teams at the tail end of the season last time out thats for sure and while you cant write renault off i would put my cash on the finn being world champ this year (cant spell his name..why cant he be called smith :) )

...enjoyed that. Think Button/Honda is certainly the fourth best package on the grid and would have got on the podium had he not given everyone a head start! Gonna be tough to break into the top three, they're real quality, but it looks like being a good season to me.

Guest fozzie22

Ill beg to differ over the button issue but when all is said and done it was a great race.

Alonso showed his class as shumachers heir and i do feel this may be the germans final season.

Though Rosberg did well as well,given the start he had.

..looks like five teams competing for the podium this year. Williams had the fastest race lap at 1.32.408 with MacLaren slowest of the five at 1.32.771 at best. That means potentially ten cars with a chance of winning and although the big three will still dominate I think it should make for an exciting season.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
And there is just the possibility that Jensen Button might actually win the odd race this year

:lol::lol: Watched it on French TV, barely understood a word of the commentary and they did simultaneous translations over all the interviews so couldn't hear a word but loved it!!!