IGNORED

What Is A Realistic Target?

RuffRob

With just 9 games to go - it that time of the year when some of us try and predict what our finishing points total might be.

2002-03 - 59 points

2003-04 - 39 points

2004-05 - 61 points

2005-06 - ?? points

Now the remaining games

Villa - H (on form expect 3 points)

Liverpool - A (Blues should be well up for this one - maybe a draw - 1 point)

Sunderland - H (Nothing but 3 points will do)

Charlton - A (think we can win this one, but say a draw - 1 point)

Spurs - H (another draw for me- 1 point)

Chelsea - A (Chelsea will have won the league by now so a chance but - 0 points)

Birmingham - H (Birmingham could be battling for there lives - 3 points)

Middlesbrough - A (If we have something to aim for we could nick a win - 3 points)

West Brom - H (Could be a £20m survival game for Brom - 0 points)

So - 4 wins - 3 draws and 2 defeats

15 point

Grand total of 55 point for me then - which I would think would see us outside a UEFA place.

Guest fozzie22

Its an odd run in,i dont think we'll qualify for europe and frankly i'm glad if we dont.

The reason is this,the club needs to stabalise squadwise,who knows how much money we'll spend in the summer,not much will be my guess.

But back to the run in,the only banker games i can see are the sunderland game,other than that the results can go either way.

If we dont get Automatic European Qualification we could be left with the Intertoto as Blackburn are above us and all the other applicants are below us and likely to stay their. Here are my predictions:

Villa - H (3 points)

Liverpool - A (0 points)

Sunderland - H (3 points)

Charlton - A (3 points)

Spurs - H (0 points)

Chelsea - A (0 points)

Birmingham - H (3 points)

Middlesbrough - A (1 point)

West Brom - H (3 points)

16 points = 56 points. We may sneek Europe next season if Liverpool or Chelsea win the Fa cup. Intertoto beckons me thinks it will be a long season next season.

When Chelski rolled into Goodison last October most of us would probably have settled for what we've got now at the end of the season!! That there is even the tiniest possibility of Europe is a remarkable turnaround. Very likely the places will go down to seventh so if we carry on the way we are then we'll be unlucky not to qualify...whether it's a good thing or not at this stage is another question.

(Personally I believe we'll take 27 more points, finish fourth with 67 and win the champions league next season, but what do I know? :P )

Edited by mikeo

I'm hoping for a European spot in order to attract a higher profile striker, I know it didn't work last year, but European qualification two years on the trot is the begining of a pattern.

It would be nice to welcome European nights back to Goodison, don't you think.

ATB

Mac

Guest fozzie22
I'm hoping for a European spot in order to attract a higher profile striker, I know it didn't work last year, but European qualification two years on the trot is the begining of a pattern.

It would be nice to welcome European nights back to Goodison, don't you think.

ATB

Mac

Ahh yes we had what 2 of them this season? :blink:

You only have to look at the way the RS are faltering at the moment to see how extar games can screw your season up,they have a massive squad comapred to ours.

You lot r quite grumpy at times!

Villa - H (3 points)

Liverpool - A (3 points)

Charlton - A (3 points)

Spurs - H (3 points)

Chelsea - A (0 points)

Middlesbrough - A (3 point)

West Brom - H (3 points)

Thats my honest prediction and i think its easily achievable plus i quite fancy the outside bet of 9 goals in 9 games for BT giving him 20 for the season.

I've had another re-think on this one and a bold prediction here and now.

"We will get something from every game until of the season."

There I've said it and if I embarass myself who gives a fat rat's arse, if I'm right, I'm a football genius.

ATB

Mac

I think the three games in the middle of our 9 are going to be the critical games.

We should take a few point from the next three (Villa and Sunderland away and the sh1te away) and if not season over anyhow.

The middle three Charlton and Chelsea away and Spurs at home, on paper are difficult, but with Chelsea already with the league wrapped up by then, I would guess Mourinio will either be playing some second string player or concentrating on the FA cup so maybe a chance to pick up a point or three. If we pick up some decent point in these games then there will be something to aim at for the last three games and confidence will be sky high. If we don't pick up points then season is over with very little to play for over the last two or three games (look what happened in the last couple of season when this was the case).

Over the last couple of year we have had very nervouse run ins either getting enough points for safety or enough to scrap in to the CL.

No pressure this year (fans or players)- all but mathamatically safe from relegation and European football a fair few places away.

Team playing well, this is one season I am not wishing would end 10 games early. So actually looking forward to a run in for a change. :)

Villa - H (3 points)

Liverpool - A (1 point)

Charlton - A (1 points)

Spurs - H (0 points)

Chelsea - A (1 points)

Middlesbrough - A (1 point)

West Brom - H (3 points)

I get 16 pts for 56 as well. Talk of Europe seems a bit pie in the sky. Id like to finish in the top 10 -- maybe 9th.

Villa - H (3 points) Nothing less than this is good enough

Liverpool - A (3 points) WE need to win this more than they do

Charlton - A (3 points) I quite fancy us tbh charlton are fading and they arnt as good at home as away

Spurs - H (3 points) Got to beat these bastards just have to its personal to me.

Chelsea - A (0 points) if we get anything here its a bonus

Birmingham - H (3 points) Yes thier defence cant keep a clean sheet, we're strong enough now

Middlesbrough - A (1 point) Boro hopefully nackered froma long season in wefa cup

West Brom - H (3 points) 7-0 hammering avenge the november nightmare. dunc to get a fairwell hat trick and a place in the hall of fame, Pistone to score :D

thats 22 62 points, the average for CL qualification in the last 4 seasons (4th place i mean) is 60 points.

Edited by Randomness

Thats the day ill be me making a stunnigg entrance into 2 Goodison foz.

Flying on a feurkin Pig...!!!

LATE EDIT: Psttt....On topic now, Got a feeling the "Everton Way" will come in to play.

We will have moments where we look liek we will perhaps pinch a UEfa spot & others when all lost may be felt, with then a sudden last sniff of something.

Some seasons that last sniff of something comes off, others it doesnt..

Dont feel it's our year in that regard & we will finish 8-10..dont dare mention the Intertoto.............

Still Gota & Gona love & ride every wild bump 0f what hopefully is a decent end to the season...

Edited by PatV

It's all very good and well trying to work out possible points we may achieve, but have a look at the teams above us, some of them have horrific run-ins to the end of the season.

I hope we don't have to rely on other team's games, but it would be nice if a few of em' dropped a b*ll*ck or two.

ATB

Mac