IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

didnt play the first one, had a couple of hours on the new one. really enjoying it so far.

OOooo you should have played the first! It'll give you an idea on what's happening with Joker, Harley and some cameo appearances later on :) DOn't complete it until you do the first, otherwise it'll ruin it (i'm a purist see, like starting from the beginning and working my way through; like what Louis said about Assassins....i've completed them all in order, no overlapping ahaha)

OOooo you should have played the first! It'll give you an idea on what's happening with Joker, Harley and some cameo appearances later on smile.png DOn't complete it until you do the first, otherwise it'll ruin it (i'm a purist see, like starting from the beginning and working my way through; like what Louis said about Assassins....i've completed them all in order, no overlapping ahaha)

i did the same with assassins, but i just jumped into this one. whats with all the bad guys being english? edit, apart from harley.

Edited by StevO

i did the same with assassins, but i just jumped into this one. whats with all the bad guys being english? edit, apart from harley.

I doubt you've met them all yet....

But i can tell you there's a few americans, one south american, one cockney (!?), one german, two (technically one) Russian, one eastern european and a few odds and sods that are hard to make out based on their 'character' accents (e.g. Riddler has an english mannerism and tone but is more representative of a well spoken american)

Look who's boasting... wink.png

Making a character cockney was a silly decision though. Should have got the guy who played him in the film to voice act him wink.png

Boasting, about what? Me? I'm confused aha.

I don't think it was, his name's Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot III which to me, is an English sounding name. He was from a rich, respected family and with his child-like size, crooked teeth and a top hat....making him english (imo) was a good move.

What i like about RockSteady is they've tried to make the characters as 'real' as possible, with 'likely' back stories. It's like Christopher nolan and his film versions, the team have tried to make the audience connect with the characters because they're more believable. Ok you have exceptions like

Waylon Jones, Dr. Victor Fries and Cyrus Gold (used the real names not to spoil it (so don't put these names into google if you don't wish to know who appears in the game))

but the likes of

Harvey Dent (Dark Knight Film version has been used in this game), Oswald Cobblepot, Floyd Lawton, Dr. Thomas "Tommy" Elliot, Victor Zsaz and Edward Nigma,

are all believable to a degree.

Edited by tenaciousj

It is hard when you consider the amount of added combat 'specials' you can include. When there's 7 or 8 guys hammering you though, you're not that interested in the old combo bollocks, you just want out and done!

One trick i did hear about, was to literally go into a large group 10+ and just keep tapping the 'counter' button, that'll mean everyone that comes near you and tries to attack, gets attacked back. But it means tapping for a VERY long time, especially at the back end of the game where the henchmen seem to last for ever, it only knocks them down so every now and then (when safe to do so) just strike once or twice?. I do use the explosive gel combo alot, but only because it makes me laugh :lol:

I know, ive watched the films (not really into comics) but you have to ask yourself, if he killed the bad guys whenever he had chance, they probably wouldnt come back and cause him hassle. he could then go back to his playboy life style taking models out in his lambo and buying hotels.

Bruce Wayne is a fool!