IGNORED

Video Game Thread

dark

Cant beleive it tried to play my xbox last night. It frooze on me and when I started it up had the ROL. Only 10 months old so still in warrenty but am guessing when I go into comet where I brought it from they going to tell me I need to send it off to xbox direct meaning have to wait about 2 weeks or so before get it back or a new one

ahhh ive not heard it called that. I had that, its an absolute bellend. I had 4 red lights the other day, shit meself thinking it had completly fucked itself, turns out my av wire wasnt plugged in.

Send the xbox off asap tho if its the 3 red lights, takes a few weeks but they fix it for free as it is not a problem you have caused but one they have by making the xbox shit like that.

Yeah was impressed when spoke to them and they said they will give me 1 month free xbox live as wont be able to play it.

Its the 3rd one I have had which has gone like this but lucky this one was in warrenty.

Powered up the wii instead last night and just borrowed call of duty WAW on that to see if any good

I think TR is boring, there is very little action, its too much jump around on a ledge this, find treasure that. Nothing like the last TR i had....the first one haha

I think that it could be better Aaron. I'm definatly going to complete it, I hate having games on my shelf that haven't been done 100%, its a waste of money IMO, so I'm going to see what happens to Lara no matter how long it takes (

I do agree with the puzzles though. Tomb Raider is known for that kinda' thing but they went way to far in Underworld. I would rather have a bit of jumping (with some cool moves) and then just roam around for a while, discover the place. It seems that to get anywhere you have to scale a cliff edge which seems a little 'too' fantasy like. I know that these games are fiction but Underwold dosent stick to much realism. I would prefer more shooting rather than 99% strategic content.

I'm up to Baghovati (sp) and I'm just about to complete it. I won't go into great detail and spoil it, but I have picked up two objects which open the door to the exit, so once I get back (which will take me a few minutes) I'll be back to the boat and onto the next mission. :)

aye i'll complete it meself but I may not enjoy doing so.

You got xbox live dark?

Good to hear that you're not going to let it go to waste :)

Where are you up to on it mate? I haven't played for about two days so I'm still near the start I think, Boghevati isn't that far into the game.

And I'm sorry to say that I dont. I have the cable for it but for some reason it all didn't work..we tried for about a week to get it up and running and there was just no sign of life so we didn't do it. I haven't got a wireless internet so I coulden't play it in my room anyway, I would have to do it from my computer room which isn't as good experiance as the comfort of my own chair, plus I can play the Xbox till all hours when its in my own room :P

Cant beleive it tried to play my xbox last night. It frooze on me and when I started it up had the ROL. Only 10 months old so still in warrenty but am guessing when I go into comet where I brought it from they going to tell me I need to send it off to xbox direct meaning have to wait about 2 weeks or so before get it back or a new one

FIFA 09 BROKE! :angry: :angry: :angry:

I might do. I played the demo and didn't think much of it but I'm really angry with my Fifa disk. I've took good care of it too, there's no stratches on the disk or marks, it just dosent like it. I beat Wigan and then as the game tried to load it crashed at 4%, since then I have tried twice to get it working at it always crashes at 11%

Not happy. £40 for a game that I cannot play :angry:

Well ive found out a very good way that you dont need the disc to play football manager 09. My brother bought it yesterday, it didnt work on his laptop, i installed it on mine and was playing it last night, he took it back the shop today and got his money back, i just tried as you never know it might just work, and it did hahahaha. so im playing on that for the next few weeks, goodbye social life.

Dark,

Did you manage to sort out your Fifa?

I was having the same sort of problem with COD WAW (as I borrowed my old xbox) where it kept coming up and saying the disc might be dirty or damaged.

I copied it to the hard drive last night and played it from there and didnt have any problems with it last night.

Might work for you

I might do. I played the demo and didn't think much of it but I'm really angry with my Fifa disk. I've took good care of it too, there's no stratches on the disk or marks, it just dosent like it. I beat Wigan and then as the game tried to load it crashed at 4%, since then I have tried twice to get it working at it always crashes at 11%

Not happy. £40 for a game that I cannot play :angry:

Read your manual... at the back somewhere it tells you that you can get a replacement disk......it costs about 12 - 15 but you have to send off your broken / damaged disk first.... If it doesnt tell you you will need to find an adress by calling their customer service line... they have to provide a replacement disk by law...... you dont actually own the game, just a license to play it

Edited by DangerMouse

Yeah was impressed when spoke to them and they said they will give me 1 month free xbox live as wont be able to play it.

Its the 3rd one I have had which has gone like this but lucky this one was in warrenty.

Powered up the wii instead last night and just borrowed call of duty WAW on that to see if any good

you have bought 3 xbox's????

you should have pushed a little harder mate the first time it happened....... In your consumer rights there is a litle thing called FIT FOR PURPOSE.... I would have just pushed that... it doesnt matter about the warrenty..... It comes down too the products expexted life span.... 1 or 2 years wpouldnt be considered acceptable....... plus it had a well known manufacturing error...

you do have to push it and qoute your rights when complaining otherwise they just call your bluff... Plus any in warrenty stuff should be handled with the company you bought your xbox from...thats the law.... there not really allowed to tell you to go back to the manufacturer... they should sought out the problem for you.... Im pretty sure this should be the case for out of warrenty stuff too... not 100 percent pn that though

I brought 2 and 1 was brought for me.

I did say to comet that I brought it from them and not xbox direct so they should sort it but they said its to do with xbox and not them.

I will bear that in mind though if anything happens like this again.

Cheers for the info

As they probably knew about the problem... it comes under the sale of goods act..... otherwise as its a warrenty claim yes you would go to the manufacturers.......anyway sometimes its easier just to go to the manufacturer although they usually wont be to interested... at least your getting it sorted... I know a couple of people that have had to really fight for an exchange

Dark,

Did you manage to sort out your Fifa?

I was having the same sort of problem with COD WAW (as I borrowed my old xbox) where it kept coming up and saying the disc might be dirty or damaged.

I copied it to the hard drive last night and played it from there and didnt have any problems with it last night.

Might work for you

I didnt. I'll try that tonight.

Copy the game to the hard-drive and it should work? I havent done that before, it dosent need XBL for any reason does it?

Edited by dark

I've just got back into playing Bioshock. It's a fantastic game that for some reason I stopped playing. I had GOW and Vegas around the same time I got that so unfortunatly it got pushed to the back of the pack. I was speaking to a mate about it (he's finished it) and said that where I was up to was about three missions from the end. So I made it my goal to complete the game because I hate seeing them go to waste.

I'm up to the Farmer's Garden and have successfully collected 7 bee samples. All I need now is 7 samples of distilled water. I've not begun the deep search for water yet as of the time. I had to try and get ready for school & play Bioshock at the same time so I coulden't really have a massive go on it. It's definatly getting done when I get home though.

Seeing as I hadn't played the game for two months I found out what the ending was. It's not spoiled it much, I just know whats going to happen. I don't know about it in detail I just know the general plot at the end.