IGNORED

Joey's Off..............

Pat

We have had very little joy out of the lad, he makes silly mistakes, loses concentration very easily. If we can get more for him than we paid let's get rid.

I get the feeling we are holding on to him in the hope his potential will shine through at some point, I say let's not hold our breath flog him and buy British.

ATB

Mac

I agree not with the racial bit which wasnt the point of the post but about Yobos concentration yes on his day hes a good defender but when he cant be bothered then he adds nothing to the team

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fozzie22
I agree not with the racial bit which wasnt the point of the post but about Yobos concentration yes on his day hes a good defender but when he cant be bothered then he adds nothing to the team

Aye he is a defensive Graveson tbh,only plays when he feels like it,sooner we're rid of him the better

Was standing outside waiting for the players after the Sunderland match. When Yobo came out a woman asked if he was going and all he said was "its up to moyes"

* YOBO LINK *

Judging from that, maybe when he says 'It's up to Moyes' it could either be 'whether he gives me a better deal' or 'whether he plays me more often'. Or maybe its like the stubbs scenario just before he left when player and manager were blaming eachother, we will probably never get the truth though really <_<

Guest fozzie22
* YOBO LINK *

Judging from that, maybe when he says 'It's up to Moyes' it could either be 'whether he gives me a better deal' or 'whether he plays me more often'. Or maybe its like the stubbs scenario just before he left when player and manager were blaming eachother, we will probably never get the truth though really  <_<

Yobo wants more money,Everton wont give more,so he'll move on with some luck

Not a player i would cry over if he went tbh,very average to say the least nothing special.

Now if he could convince that wastrel simon davies to go with him i'd be a happy man,because davies is shite.

We have had very little joy out of the lad, he makes silly mistakes, loses concentration very easily. If we can get more for him than we paid let's get rid.

I get the feeling we are holding on to him in the hope his potential will shine through at some point, I say let's not hold our breath flog him and buy British.

ATB

Mac

I second that Mac. Too many school boy mistakes has cost us valuable points. Cash in and go for Upson. :D

Edited by scowie4

Yobo wants more money,Everton wont give more,so he'll move on with some luck

Not a player i would cry over if he went tbh,very average to say the least nothing special.

Now if he could convince that wastrel simon davies to go with him i'd be a happy man,because davies is shite.

I'l remember that post next season foz when your slagging our defenders, you know as well as i do we aint got the money to replace him so realy you think we should get rid?

Guest fozzie22
I'l remember that post next season foz when your slagging our defenders, you know as well as i do we aint got the money to replace him so realy you think we should get rid?

With 1 year left yes i do..he's stalling so get rid,its fairly simple tbh,we dont have the cash to waste letting a player go for nothing..we dont have the cash to let him go for nowt.

And i dont think ferrarri will stay either.

Yobo isnt that good.

he was rooneys striking partner in the manu game. that was unbelievable.

jeez, everyone keeps going on about 1 fckin stupid mistake ---- if EFC can't see the quality (and even greater potential) of this guy, we REALLY don't deserve him ---- let him go and you'll all cry and b*tch when he's a superstar elsewhere..........fcking ridiculous, the fans of a club like EFC (who have almost no pulling power at the moment) saying he isn't that good and we can easily replace ---------- unbelievabe.....

Edited by Raccyboy

Umbrella's up & am of the opinion Joey is one of the potentialy better defenders in the leauge & would be gutted to loose.

Theyre seems a glut of overated/overpriced centre halves about & ide rather Joey than Rio 2 be honest & would restore Unsy before going near that overated Boumsong character..he cost an arm & a leg .

Would be gutted to see JY leave. However Matt Upson as mentioned would be a fine addition if @ all poss.

To Tara Mac how can you say Yobo has not got got the ability as midfielder or a defender and then ask £7.5 million for him? I agree with you Raccy Boy at times our supporters do my fuckin head in! We bitch and moan all the time because some of us still think were in the mid 80's and deserve something that we shouldn't. God help us if we would have gone down a few season's ago because fuck me what would some of you been like then? Why do people still go on about the Man Utd game? Ok it was a bad mistake but who doesn't make them? Up to the African Nations Joey was our top man and it seems every time he has an injury he can't get back in the team for ages and it must infuriate him. I've said it before Joey is class and if he does go watch him go on to make a great career for himself and i bet half of you turn round then and say how you all knew he would turn out so good. I bet you all bitched about Materrazzi.

Ok i know it's a forum for opinions but fuck me!

Guest fozzie22
To Tara Mac how can you say Yobo has not got got the ability as midfielder or a defender and then ask £7.5 million for him? I agree with you Raccy Boy at times our supporters do my fuckin head in! We bitch and moan all the time because some of us still think were in the mid 80's and deserve something that we shouldn't. God help us if we would have gone down a few season's ago because fuck me what would some of you been like then? Why do people still go on about the Man Utd game? Ok it was a bad mistake but who doesn't make them? Up to the African Nations Joey was our top man and it seems every time he has an injury he can't get back in the team for ages and it must infuriate him. I've said it before Joey is class and if he does go watch him go on to make a great career for himself and i bet half of you turn round then and say how you all knew he would turn out so good. I bet you all bitched about Materrazzi.

Ok i know it's a forum for opinions but fuck me!

Yobo is average nothing more...Marco on the other hand was class,anyone could see it,but he was too young for us when he moved to us.

I agree he played well the first season he came to us,but has done nothing since to make everyone rate him so much..as i've said before he's a defensive version of Graveson,all huff and bluster and nothing else.

Just the way i see it.

I cant see who we would replace him with even if we had millions to spend (which we dont) and expecting any more than 3 mil for a player who can leave on a free next summer is a joke.

Would you pay 8 mil for a defender when you can get him to sign a pre contract agreement with 2 mil sign on and wait a year? Jose, Alex & Arse are smarter than that!

If the kid goes it will be at a loss and we will regret it we should be keeping him, trying to sign upson & Farrari and letting Wier & Stubbs go. That would show ambition from the club and create real compotition at the back.

Guest fozzie22

Upson would be a good signing we should have gone after when he left the arse tbh,

But if he wont sign a contrct he has to be sold simple as that,econic facts cold hard cash,filthy lucre moolah...it makes the world spin.

And yobo wants he slice of it by the looks of it.

Edited by fozzie22

To try & understand the logic ( money will be a part factor) of a foreign player consider this.

Put your selves in these shoes You are playing in Italy for lets say Empoli. Your contract is winding down & You no Juventus want you.

Do you sign for Juventus or re sign for Empoli?

Looking form outside of the blue square it's Simple really.

Let's be honest & admit we are all a tad blinkered as we would play for nothing & most would die for this clubs shirt.

I agree pat why would he want to resign for us if the Arse are truly after him.

DM has come out and said that no-one has asked about him and think it might have been a bad thing saying that as Yobo could decide that DM is trying to force his hand.

I would like Yobo to sign a new deal and stay as I have said before won't be able to replace him with the money we will get from his sale.

However if he does not want to stay and is going to leave for nothing next year then the right thing to do is sell him now and get some money out of him.

The only way you keep these types of players is by building a decent squad and making them feel they are a major cog in an up and comming team, the lure of silverware & money is great but the majority of players will stay if they feel they are important and the team is going places!

This is our problem at the moment Joey is bored, some of you think he is not that good a player and you are all entitled to your opinions but picture this. Joey is sold to Arse for 3 mil, we are unstable at the back next season and make little progress from this season and this time next year we will be having the same conversation about Arteta and Cahill then what will we be left with?

I must agree with Raccyboy with regard to the value of Yobo to this club. Yobo has proved since his arrival that he is one of the top centre backs in the EPL. Given his age and the fact that he has managed to look so impressive playing alongside Weir makes one appreciate his value even more. From reading the posts on this issue it does make we wonder if we have all been watching the same palyer!!!

That is a valid point Goldfish, but not easily acheived.

To build a decent squad and retain your decent player you have to pay them big buck.

Its a catch 22 -you do resonabley well and some of your better player shine - by default attention is draw to them and richer clubs try and sign them. Heads are turned and well we know how the rest of the story goes.

I think we all have to be realistic now and agree that the days of Matt Le Tissier staying at one club are long gone. Maybe Shearer staying at Newcastle is the last you will see as i can't see Torres staying at Betis either. As soon as a player makes the grade the bigger and richer clubs come sniffing and the players go rightly or wrongly. I think Spurs are doing the right thing by buying young players and keep re-negotiating longer contracts to keep them happy. Unfortunately the cream of the other clubs outside the GIANTS with the money are never gonna stay Rooney, Wright-Phillips, Wallcott to name but a few.

Guest fozzie22
I think we all have to be realistic now and agree that the days of Matt Le Tissier staying at one club are long gone. Maybe Shearer staying at Newcastle is the last you will see as i can't see Torres staying at Betis either. As soon as a player makes the grade the bigger and richer clubs come sniffing and the players go rightly or wrongly. I think Spurs are doing the right thing by buying young players and keep re-negotiating longer contracts to keep them happy. Unfortunately the cream of the other clubs outside the GIANTS with the money are never gonna stay Rooney, Wright-Phillips, Wallcott to name but a few.

Good post

Modern footballers are greedy bastards really