IGNORED

Yobo

Use you head....how are we gonna get 12 million for a player who only has 1yr to run on his contract.

It mirrors Graveson's situation...its not as if he''s worth 2.5mil now is it...!!

We need to look long and hard at the contract situation at out club and get our best players - yobo, cahil, teta etc..on long term deals - much thee same as spurs have just done with lonnon and dawson.

;)

My guess is that having been offered a new improved contract almost 12 months ago, which is not signed Yobo and his agent sees his future elsewhere.

Other than improve the offer, there is little else Everton can do if he doesn't want to sign.

We either keep him for next season and let him go for a free, or cash in on him.

The big question is how much would we get for a player with 12 months on his contract.

Offers less than £3M and I would keep him. He is a class act - so would be valuble to the squad next season. We have then got two summers and a January to find a suitable replacement, and another 12 month period in which to persuade him to sign another contract.

Offer above £4-5M must be seriousley considered. Everton are not a club who at this moment in time can miss out on this sort of money. £4-5M would go a fair way to paying for a replacement.

In an ideal world Yobo will sign a new deal - but as we know the lure of playing for a team who are both competative at the highest level both domestically and in Europe is huge for lots of player - and something we can't yet offer players.

The draw of more successful clubs for players is just part of the modern game I am afraid, and its something that the majority of Prem clubs suffer from.

Not a lot Everton can do about it.

Not a great deal worried about this Rumour, Joey is an average centre back nothing special, he has'nt exactly set the world on fire with his displays, and to be honest cant see any of the top teams here wanting to buy him.

Probs only club who would be interested are the Newcs, cos he is just a bit better than Boumsong and the other fella whose name escapes me at the mo, other than that we are as big a club as any of the others, so by my reckoning he is staying put, or going Abroad. ................NO PROBS, WE SHOULD GET OUR £4M BACK.

Licker. :)

Guest fozzie22
Not a great deal worried about this Rumour, Joey is an average centre back nothing special, he has'nt exactly set the world on fire with his displays, and to be honest cant see any of the top teams here wanting to buy him.

Probs only club who would be interested are the Newcs, cos he is just a bit better than Boumsong and the other fella whose name escapes me at the mo, other than that we are as big a club as any of the others, so by my reckoning he is staying put, or going Abroad. ................NO PROBS, WE SHOULD GET OUR £4M BACK.

Licker.  :)

Pretty much agree there Licker tbh,he's never set the world alight at Everton,just another player who has flattered to decieve

I rate Joey highly, he seemd to come un stuck with DM policy of picking weir no matter how poor he plays.

With regards to him leaving I think that this would also be a major factor as what top class player wants to stay at a club where he is not geeting first team action ??

I think it will be a real shame to lose joey especially if it is because of Dm loyality to Weir.

toffeeplus said..................."I rate Joey highly."

He,s nothing special.

Would love to see his OPTA ratings, he must be one of the Cleanest c/halfs in the premier, never seems to impose himself on attackers, cant remember the last time he made a foul, :blink: and the strikers must love playing against him cos they know they're not going to get clattered.

So Get tough Joey, or get on your bike. :)

I agree that i would not mind losing yobo, cos of how well we usually do without him. We need to be adding to our squad though not decreasing our numbers.

If we are going 2 sell him we need to look at a price for him that will get us another player who is better.

IF WERE GONNA SELL HIM WE NEED TO START NOW!!!

OR HELL GO 4 FREE

The big problem we have here is if he is sold does anyone have any faith in us being able to find a replacement. We're not exactly masters of market are we?

I seem to remember koldrop going & we were promised a class replacement.

Weir & stubbs again next year no doubt :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Everton are keeping tabs on Wolves defender Joleon Lescott.

The centre-half is expected to be made available by Molineux chiefs at the end of the season and is also a target for Aston Villa.

The Sunday Express says Everton will move for Lescott should Nigeria international Joseph Yobo decide against signing a new contract.

source: http://www.tribalfootball.com/april/englisnews4240406.html

Joleon Lescott has been looked at by all the big clubs, Arse, Man U etc about 2 years ago. None of them had any interest in him, and although we're unable to attract the same class of player (or any class of player) this does tell a tale.

We should be looking to ADD to the squad, not replace Yobo with Lescott.

DM is clueless in the transfer market, has no tactical know how and seems completely unable to hold discussions with top class players.

Someone on the board should take their head out of their ar5e and tell Moyes that unless he starts buying players instead of "linking" the club with them a week after they've signed for someone else then he can do one. :angry:

The question is can we get anyone as good as he is for the money we are going to sell him for????

Upson, Lescott, Davies (WBA) baby Rio they call him all would be available for what we got for Joey, if he wants to go let him can see us with a new centre half partnership next season as cant see Farari staying if last weeks rumours are true and to be honest you cant blame him playing second fiddle to Stubbs and Weir I think he is our best centre half

Would be chuffed if joey stay but the sad fact of the matter is we can't afford to lose him we would with stubbs, weir and ferrari potential not avalible next year 4mil or what ever we get for him is only going to bring in one player so why not stick with the tried and tested!