IGNORED

Richard Wright

MikeO

i would never boo him whilst hes playing for Everton but hes shite and i will be pleased to see him leave :)

If the stick he got from some of the crowd when Villa scored (which is all I have to go on) is the norm, then he has hearing difficulties. I wouldn't boo him during a game but he must be aware of what people think surely?

Deluded, Stoopid or infact both? ( Thats Tefflon im referring to of course)

At least Espen was Fat, Out of Shape, Clubless, whilst infact traines as an Architect & not even a Goalkeeper....Whats Teff's excuse, I was looking for my lost Tractor & found a nice park to play at instead?

bit harsh i say...

wright is a good GK and is better than Reina...

I dont think that he is better than Reina - but I do think that he is a good keeper and has a really low level of confidence.

If you actually analyse his game. He is a superb shot stopper and when the ball is driven in he has safe hands but...

he does the simple things all wrong. Like the ball that bounced over his head on Saturday against Charlton. He should never have been that far out - but was.

If he built on his confidence then I think that he could regain his form and be that keeper that he was made out to be.

Its a bit of a David James scenario. He can do it, he just needs to believe in himself a little bit more.

If he goes to another club then so be it - but I think that it will be a mistake. I think that he will turn out good.

on saturday i was sitting right behind the goal when richie did his miss and scramble and to be fair all the Everton fans were shouting words of encouragement to him after he did it, it would have been easy to start booing and shouting at him how crap he is but they gave him encouragement and that must be what he is thanking the fans for.

i agree that theres no point in booing a player wearing blue even if he is dodgy like wright is, its not gona do his confidence any good with his own fans on his back...and although all the shouts were 'come on richie lad', ppl talking between themselves were saying 'what the fuck is he doing!'

There are loads of good stoppers out there. But a top keeper needs A LOT more than that. They have to be reliable, and be able to organise and have the confidence of the defenders. Wright can't do that and I don't see that he ever will. He got attention and a good reputation because he was young and could pull of good saves, but now he is older you expect more and his limitations stand out.

Dickie is a confidence keeper the problem is once he looses it, it takes him years to get it back.

Not good enough IMO, newly promoted clubs may benifit with him inbetween the sticks but for a club like Everton who are trying to build and push forward he just doesnt meet the grade!

Sell, sell, sell in the summer and i honestly believe we should drop him now and get Turner in for the rest of the season. If he proves he can do it then we can save millions in the summer and Ruddy is more than capable of warming the bench next season and covering when needed.

Come on Davey it lookes like we spunked Europe with the last three results so start building for next season now so we are solid when the first game comes.

I dont think that he is better than Reina - but I do think that he is a good keeper and has a really low level of confidence.

i think thats spot on. and its a problem that he shares with a few others in the side. is this kind of thing, to some extent, a failure of management and training?