IGNORED

Releasing Youth Players

Just read that we've released Paul Hopkins, Stephen Wynne, Christian Sergeant and Mark Hughes. Not heard of Wynne or much of Hughes but i thought Hopkins was doing alright in the reserves. Just hope none of these come back to haunt us.

I was under the impression that Paul Hopkins, Christian Sergeant and Mark Hughes were all prospects for the future! What happened isnt Hughes captain of the youth team and sat on the bench a few times this season?

Everton confuse me so much how can we be releasing 3 of the 4 or 5 names we have been hearing about all season? This does not make sense if we are letting them go who are we keeping?

I give up someone just come and buy us please, we need cash!

Shocking news if true.

Would have thought that with how small our squad is and the fact that some of the older players are finishing this season a few of them would have been brought through and given a contract at least for a year or 2

Cant see them sacking Hopkins he's quite good, and Sergeant was in the squad when Kroldrop played, it was touch and go who Davey played.

Annichobe, and Vidarrson have been on the bench recently, think its time they got a game, otherwise they will be looking to move on.

Sorry been on holiday for a few days was on the news section in toffeeweb so i'm guessing it's true. Then again would any of them made the team with Moyes in charge? Still can't believe he picks Ferguson over Anichebe, really what has Ferguson got left to give to the club he'll be gone next season we have to build on the future.

Link here it's under Bjarni seals away win http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/05-06/diary/

Edited by EFC fan in oz

Hughes was told he can find another club, were probably "helpin them out" givin them a game, shop window an all.

Hopkins is meant to be a goal machine! if he has a better record than Fowler why would we get rid?

Anichebe and Vidarsson are pros now so i doubt they'll get released