IGNORED

I Need Your Opinions

ian B

As a regular at the match and a filmmaker I am producing a documentary about rivalrys between football teams in the same city, specifically us and them!

The common thought around Britain is that our derby is a 'friendly' rivalry, nowhere near as intense a relationship as say, north London,Glasgow, Manchester or even east Anglia!

if you could give me any input as to why you hate/ don't hate liverpool, reasons for / reasons for not hating them it would be greatly appreciated.

personally. living in the city and going the match regular the rivalry to me as intensified over the last 10/15 years, if anyone agrees or doesn't agree all contributions will be appreciated.

Nice one, Ian

To be honest I think it all stems from Heysel and us being banned from Europe, many fans blame them for ruining perhaps our greatest ever chance of success

I also feel a hooligan element have taken advantage of the derby as an excuse for trouble the true fans are in main friendly perhaps a bit annoying but generally OK

Good question, with loads of answers.

Personally I don't hate any RS supporter just for supporting RS, but I hate the club, their history, their ground, their players, their trophy room, their carpets, their pies, their shops, their songs (especially THAT one), their "boot room" tradition, their strips, their flag and above all their arrogance.

The reason?, because it was indoctrination by Father, uncles, older cousins, it was expected to hate RS but as Licker says most families are mixed race in terms of allegiance.

The Hysel thing holds water with a great many people, me included. For me to hate a person because of the team they support is up there with skin colour, what God people follow or even sexuality, it's petty to hate without knowing a thing.

Just an opinion.

ATB

Mac

As a regular at the match and a filmmaker I am producing a documentary about rivalrys between football teams in the same city, specifically  us and them!

The common thought around Britain is that our derby is a 'friendly' rivalry, nowhere near as intense a relationship as say, north London,Glasgow, Manchester or even east Anglia!

if you could give me any input as to why you hate/ don't hate liverpool, reasons for / reasons for not hating them it would be greatly appreciated.

personally. living in the city and going the match regular the rivalry to me as intensified over the last 10/15 years, if anyone agrees or doesn't agree all contributions will be appreciated.

Nice one, Ian

i dont hate rs nor their supporters because ive never heard of them only club in mersey side is Everton or have i missed somthing ;) no in all honesty its not hatred its just loyalty to your team but are city people now there footy and we take it seriously its life or death to us but we do have a great banter together but thats because of the people in the city, are city an people in it are one off and thats a fact what a life blue an scouse god i love my life born blue die blue B)

i dont have a problem with RS supporters if they dont have a problem with me for supporting the toffees.

comparison: at school theres this lad (who ironically looks like crouch even has the same height) who used to like me but when he found out i support Everton he jus went off me and like bullied me you could say jus coz im a blue.

in comparison when i went to a pub for the recent derby i sat next to RS fans and they were fine (one even bought me a drink after the game) and we talked about the game like mature adults.

Being born and bred in Australia, having never step foot in the Mersyside district, let alone England for that matter, somehow I still instinctively know to see Liverpool and their supporters as the the team we (Everton fans) would love to beat. No matter what happens throughout a season, if we beat RS, or hear that RS lose a match, it puts a smile to my face.

Out of my group of friends who follow EPL, 5 of 'em are RS supporters, to me who's the only Toffee supporter. Only one of them has been to England (on holiday) yet we still 'love to hate' each other's teams. Friendly rivalry as what has mostly been said already.

I'm totally with Mac, I hate absolutely EVERYTHING about that club and I am becoming increasingly bitter about them in my later years almost to the point that seeing them lose gives me (almost0 as much pleasure as seeing us win (sad I know but...). As for their fans, I have many RS mates and don't wish them any immediate harm although DO want to see them in total misery every Saturday!! Whatta friends for?

Reg, I'm pretty certain you can still view, just not post.

I have tried to offer advice before mate, please curb the Hillsborough sh*t, it's not welcomed and unappreciated you must have caught on by now.

What happened was a f*cking tragedy and not a source of poking fun at RS. Please mate give it a rest, there is so much to take the p*ss out of we don't need to lower ourselves to that level. You taint us all when you come out with sh*t like that.

Please mate you're good fun, keep it fun.

ATB

Mac

Guest Reg Reagan

ok i am sorry for what i have posted towards the RS but the fact is i just dont have any sympathy towards them...

Edited by Reg Reagan

Guest fozzie22
Cheers for all the other responses but that is fuckin disgustin to say that about people from the same city that died at a game, fuck you. its people like you reg that are making it more bitter, fuckin prick

Ian,its a damn good job i didnt see what reg wrote becuase left to me he wouldnt be allowed back on here,anyways..

To me,at least the "hatred" thats krept into the derby has a lot to do with all seater stadium,we have lost the closeness of old and as Clair pointed out a hooligan element has come to the fore,its not as it was 10-15 years ago and i find it sad.

it has to be said that there is a lot of childishness and immaturity among fans and the media always do their best to stir up rivalry in any local derby.

its bad for the game. it puts the players under even more pressure and that leads to poor quality football and more fouls.

it also puts pressure on the ref, who feels he has to take control and he makes poor decisions that can affect the outcome.

this bad feeling doesnt end after the match its stored up and increases at the next derby.

Guest fozzie22
it has to be said that there is a lot of childishness and immaturity among fans and the media always do their best to stir up rivalry in any local derby.

its bad for the game. it puts the players under even more pressure and that leads to poor quality football and more fouls.

it also puts pressure on the ref, who feels he has to take control and he makes poor decisions that can affect the outcome.

this bad feeling doesnt end after the match its stored up and increases at the next derby.

Agreed Java,and its getting worse,much worse.

The days of the friendly derby are at an end tbh