IGNORED

Phil Neville's World Cup Prospects

MikeO

>>>>BBC<<<<

It's an interesting article. Think the most telling point is that he got a huge amount of caps while sitting on the bench at ManU but none now he's playing well week in week out for Everton. To an extent it seems to be not how you play but who you play for.

Edited by mikeo

Guest fozzie22
>>>>BBC<<<<

It's an interesting article. Think the most telling point is that he got a huge amount of caps while sitting on the bench at ManU but none now he's playing well week in week out for Everton. To an extent it seems to be not how you play but who you play for.

Its always been the case tbh..nothing new there

Moyes describes Neville as a "professional's professional", but maybe "understudy's understudy" would be more apt.

Too true that, tho I was thinking the other day even tho he is ok he is prob the weakest part of our first choice midfield. First choice for me being cahill and neville centre arteta right and osman/VDM on the left. Not saying Neville can't do a job but someone with a bit of imagination and skill would be good in the defensive mid role rather than a hard working tough tackling limited in skills player like Neville.

Moyes describes Neville as a "professional's professional", but maybe "understudy's understudy" would be more apt.

Too true that, tho I was thinking the other day even tho he is ok he is prob the weakest part of our first choice midfield. First choice for me being cahill and neville centre arteta right and osman/VDM on the left. Not saying Neville can't do a job but someone with a bit of imagination and skill would be good in the defensive mid role rather than a hard working tough tackling limited in skills player like Neville.

if you can find a defensive midfielder who does have a bit of imagination and creativity who is it? secondly what will he cost? probably the best defensive midfielders the prem has seen will be Makelele Vieira and Keane, and not may of these kind of players are the most creative (or in our price range tbh)

i did think we missed Nevile in midfield the last couple of weeks, no organisation in there today, ther was about 10 mins in the second half where osman and mcfadden were both playin RM ffs!

i dont rate neville to be honest, too many 'becham style' balls played, which sadly he cannot pull off.

fair play to him, the effort is there but if we had a bit more quality then he wouldnt get a game IMO, he would be first to go after davies.

however, I would take him over owen hargreaves.....what a fuckin joke he has been, why has he ever bin picked?

it is funny the way as is pointed out in the article, that he made 50 appearences (? i think) when being on the bench and doesnt get a sniff when wearing the royal blue.

Another reason why I have always detested seeing sven as the manager, good old english mananger for me :) ...Big sam hopefully as i have money on him becoming it :D