IGNORED

Richard Wright, Star Signing

i was looking through some of the old pages of bluekipper, and i came across this, it was written just after we signed Wright:

What a superb signing. Richard Wright has agreed to become a Toffeeman. A very big well done to Moyesy and the boys for getting their man. I'm excited now. This is the one we have been waiting for. He has signed for £3.5m with an extra mil for apperances.

Moyesy was chuffed as well. He said:. “I think it is a great signing, and one we have been looking for. I believe Richard will become a future England goalkeeper, he has already been involved in the set-up and I think with him playing regularly for Everton that will push his claims."

“I hope the supporters feel that we are moving in the right direction. It has been a long struggle getting in a goalkeeper, but I really do feel in Richard Wright, and at the price we have got him, that it is beneficial for us."

haha if only we new, :P

MOYES HAILS IMPROVED WRIGHT

By: Scott McLeod

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/index.php?page_id=9812

Everton boss David Moyes has hailed the improved form of Richard Wright.

The goalkeeper has played each of the Blues' last eight matches following his recovery from an ankle injury.

By his own admission, Wright's early performances following his return were not his best but in the last four games he has shown he is growing in confidence and returning to his best form.

Moyes has been pleased with Wright's growing confidence and believes the unwavering support of the Goodison faithful has played a key part.

He said: "I think we have got two terrific (senior) goalkeepers here. Nigel, who unfortunately is injured, and Richard and he has maybe needed to regain a little bit of confidence and he has shown that in his last few games and played very well.

"I think the crowd's backing has helped him as well. They have got right behind him when they realised it was difficult for the boy, so they need a lot of credit for that and I think he has done well and hopefully he will continue to do well for the rest of the season."

Wright's clean sheet in Saturday's 0-0 draw with Birmingham at Goodison was his second in eight games.