IGNORED

Should I Stay Or Shoul I Go

Is it time we get a new manager or is davie up to the task??  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time we get a new manager or is davie up to the task??

• 1. Stay
    • 2. Go

I am a firm believer that davie moyes is a top manager all be it he does dither in the transfer market. i dont think we could get anyone better in and i think he has done tremendously well since taking over but for a dismal start to the saeson we would be right up there again. so ive gotta say stay

I think he has brought some well needed stability to your side, something which was needed after the lows of finishing 17th and the ups of finishing 4th.

I think he is a good manager and will surely get Everton moving forward IF he is financially backed by the board.

I remember reading someone praising Tottenham and Jol, but one should not forget the money that they spent on buying all the midfielders in the world.

Moyes went a bit awry in his transfer dealing, mainly Kroldrup but its not entirely his fault that Per did not settle in. If given the money to work with, Moyes can get Everton to a higher league position.

Also, the current Everton side's have got a lot of holes to fill in with good players, so dont be surprised if you finish midtable again next season. I mean, this aint like Footie Manager where you win the league with West Brom within 3 seasons. With the squad Everton have currently got, a major overhaul is needed to get into Europe again, something which never takes place within one summer (unless you are Chelsea), i'd be looking to stick with Moyes for two seasons atleast.

It could be a fluke of course but I don't think so. He's turned a distinctly average player, Marlon King, and turned him into the leading goalscorer in the Championship. King has said he's by far the best manager he's ever played under.

Boothroyd's a top class motivator and the players have responded to his management style. He has an attention to detail similar to Moyes but I suspect he's a calmer individual than our leader.

He's a Premiership manager in waiting, mark my words.

moyes has done a good job of consolidation. he, and the board, now have to build on that.

the season started badly, and its interesting to wonder where we might have been had that not happened.

if we'd finished in the top six, a possibility, everyone would have been happy.

i think we have to strengthen our financial status to compete in the long term and that means a newer, big capacity stadium, 60 or 70 thousand seats.

thats a challenge for the board.

davey has to find the players and the tactics to get us a top 8 finish next season, without spending any money!

its not a job that many managers would want.

which brings up the question, who would the moaners replace him with?