IGNORED

Hallam Hope

has anyone heard about this lad this year.he was part of the u-15s squad that won the milk cup last summer and he got rave reviews.thought he would have possibly played for the u-18s by now?

Hallam's usually playing u-16s at the moment. He's at the Nike Cup next week (April 5-9/2009) with a 1994's squad. Not heard that he has had any U-18s games.

I know nothing about the Nike Cup, where is it played?

Is it the one rebranded as the Manchester United Premier Cup?

Yes, played at Warwick Uni. Its the UK qualifier for the MUFC Premier Cup, to be played in August. Finished today 9/4/09. Our lads got through to the final, which ended 0-0 and then we lost 8-7 (!!) on penalties. Everton outplayed the winners (imho) West Brom, but it was not to be.

Group stages matches were:

Arsenal 1 Everton 1

Fulham 1 Everton 1

Coventry 0 Everton 3

Sunderland 0 Everton 2

QF: Sheffield Utd 0 Everton 2

SF: Fulham 1 Everton 2

The above from memory, so maybe not 100%.

Hallam played really well during the tournament, as did the rest of the EFC boys.

He was the talk of the tournament - so I imagine England U16's will be next for him.

Now for the Milk Cup at the end of July when Hal will be there again, with luck.

Yes, played at Warwick Uni. Its the UK qualifier for the MUFC Premier Cup, to be played in August. Finished today 9/4/09. Our lads got through to the final, which ended 0-0 and then we lost 8-7 (!!) on penalties. Everton outplayed the winners (imho) West Brom, but it was not to be.

Group stages matches were:

Arsenal 1 Everton 1

Fulham 1 Everton 1

Coventry 0 Everton 3

Sunderland 0 Everton 2

QF: Sheffield Utd 0 Everton 2

SF: Fulham 1 Everton 2

The above from memory, so maybe not 100%.

Hallam played really well during the tournament, as did the rest of the EFC boys.

He was the talk of the tournament - so I imagine England U16's will be next for him.

Now for the Milk Cup at the end of July when Hal will be there again, with luck.

thanks for the info trueblue.lets 'hope' this lads a star for the future then.ypu can watch the goals from last years milk cup on the bbc website.hope scores some great goals!

Are there any other names too look out for in the future in that team?

Hallam is the one who is standing out from the crowd in the born-in-1994 group at the moment, and has done for the last few years since he arrived at Everton, having been released (iirc) from Man City - where he was - choke - a centre half...

...nice to know other clubs misjudge young players best positions too :-)

Of course from his U15's year group we already have Ross Barclay (captain? i think) and Jake Bidwell (scored) in England U16's action against Germany this last week, so I think with 3 hopefuls from the 16 or 17 strong U15's squad they aren't doing too bad...

Hallam is the one who is standing out from the crowd in the born-in-1994 group at the moment, and has done for the last few years since he arrived at Everton, having been released (iirc) from Man City - where he was - choke - a centre half...

...nice to know other clubs misjudge young players best positions too :-)

Of course from his U15's year group we already have Ross Barclay (captain? i think) and Jake Bidwell (scored) in England U16's action against Germany this last week, so I think with 3 hopefuls from the 16 or 17 strong U15's squad they aren't doing too bad...

Bidwell is starting for the reserves tonight, he sounds a very hot propsect for Left Back.

• 2 weeks later...
Hallam's usually playing u-16s at the moment. He's at the Nike Cup next week (April 5-9/2009) with a 1994's squad. Not heard that he has had any U-18s games.

Hallam played for the 18's last week. he's still 15. Scored one. 5-2 win against Middlesborough (I think - didn't see it - just heard he played) Apparently reported in the liverpool echo.

Random find this but the following youtube video is highlights of the Luis Pierangeli International Memorial tournament, held two years ago.

Hallam was 13 and finished the tournament top goalscorer with 7 goals. I think(!) both our goals in this video are scored by him. Takes the first one really well.

Hallam played for the 18's last week. he's still 15. Scored one. 5-2 win against Middlesborough (I think - didn't see it - just heard he played) Apparently reported in the liverpool echo.

hallam has finished his season playing the last two games for the u-18s and scoring in both.not bad for a 15 year old kid.could he be a new rooney? you can view the match reports on the official site

• 2 months later...

Hallam has been in action again for the U18's last week (25/7/09). He's now pretty much a regular for them.

Then was on standby for England U17's but wasn't called up for the Norway tournament.

Playing again for his usual age group (1994's) in the N.I. Milk Cup. Which Everton won again for the second year running.

tb63

Hallam has been in action again for the U18's last week (25/7/09). He's now pretty much a regular for them.

Then was on standby for England U17's but wasn't called up for the Norway tournament.

Playing again for his usual age group (1994's) in the N.I. Milk Cup. Which Everton won again for the second year running.

tb63

Hallam finished the tournament with 5 goals scoring two in the final and received rave reviews again.give him two years and he will b knockin on moyes door for a 1st team place.

" EVERTON comfortably retained their Milk Cup Junior title last night with Hallam Hope coming agonisingly close to writing himself into the history books.

The strapping striker bagged a brace in last night’s 4-1 win over Sheffield United, but just missed out on becoming the first ever player to net a hat-trick in back-to-back finals, having scored a treble in last year’s 3-0 win over Wolves.

The young striker will surely go on to have a big future in the game and he showed once again last night that he certainly has an eye for goal.

It was the Toffees fourth Junior title overall at the Milk Cup having been one of the competition’s best supporters down the years.

A beaming Everton boss Sean Lundon said: “We’re delighted to win again, it s new experience for most of them, having come away with a mainly new squad”

“Hallam Hope has done very well, but we won’t be getting too get exited, he has plenty of potential, but he will have plenty of opportunities to keep proving it too.

“This is fantastic competition and we learn a lot about the boys when we’re away together for the week.

“It’s demanding and it is a long week, but we do everything right and that helps us do well I think.”

Hope took only four minutes to pick up where he left off at last year’s tournament when he raced into the penalty area, when he eventually shrugged off a defender before rounding goalkeeper Dalian Davis and slotting home.

Everton were almost caught out soon after but a clearing header on the line from Ryan Higgins denied Watford .

The Toffees doubled their lead when Chris Long who hooked the ball out of Davis ’ reach after Higgins’ corner had been headed on inside the box.

Hope was on the prowl again as Everton made it three before the break when the keeper spilled the ball in the direction of Hope and he dispatched it into the net.

With the game over as a contest Anton Forrester cheekily lobbed Davis to add a fourth 20 minutes from the end, as he got beyond the defence to get on the end of a deep free-kick.

Hope wasted the opportunity to make history with back to back final hat-tricks when he skied a free kick from 18 yards near the end.

Oliver Sprague snatched a late consolation for Watford but it was too little too late."

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...