IGNORED

Finish 5th & Win The European Cup

My message to any club that wants to win the European cup in the future - finish 5th in the league :lol:

It seems really strange how yet again the team that finishes 5th in the Premiership (or are likely to in Arsenal's case) could be the team that goes on to win the European cup.

Seems too much of an odd coincidence that the same thing is happening as last season :unsure:

mmm, think first and formost it helps if you.........

A....... have a decent side to begin with.

B....... have a slice of luck at the right time.

Thinking if lehmans had'nt guessed the right way, Arse may not be in the final.

And the stroke of luck last year was 3 goals in 12 mins against a top side. :blink:

wont ever be done again. ;)

That would be so unfair on Tottenham and im sure there will be riots in that part of London if that happens.

At least with last year Everton still got to play in it - if Tottenham werent allowed in at all, it would be a disgrace in my view.

Edited by Redcard

That would be so unfair on Tottenham and im sure there will be riots in that part of London if that happens.

At least with last year Everton still got to play in it - if Tottenham werent allowed in at all, it would be a disgrace in my view.

Thats funny because the rule should never have been changed and the only reason it was is so the rich get richer and someone at LFC knew the secret handshake of power in football circles.

Liverpool won the European cup, so they had to defend the trophy - simple as that :)

Would have made UEFA look incredibally foolish not to have the winners of their own competition not defending the trophy.

Would have helped if Liverpool had of not won it at all - but the fact is they did and thats just the way it went.

At least Everton still got to play in it anyway and it didnt effect that side of it - but if Spurs dont get to play in it at all then that will be wrong in my view.

Liverpool won the European cup, so they had to defend the trophy - simple as that  :)

Would have made UEFA look incredibally foolish not to have the winners of their own competition not defending the trophy.

Would have helped if Liverpool had of not won it at all - but the fact is they did and thats just the way it went.

At least Everton still got to play in it anyway and it didnt effect that side of it - but if Spurs dont get to play in it at all then that will be wrong in my view.

you dont defend the european cup its a compotition that you qualify for through league position, it is a elite compotition between that seasons elite clubs and who won it the year before has no bearing on the best domestic clubs for that year.

I honestly believe had it been any other club but Liverpool the rule would have stood but footballing governers seem to have some kind of special affinity to liverpool. Plus like any good scousers would do the shite tried it on and "jibbed" into europe and fair play for having a go.

you dont defend the european cup its a compotition that you qualify for through league position, it is a elite compotition between that seasons elite clubs and who won it the year before has no bearing on the best domestic clubs for that year.

I honestly believe had it been any other club but Liverpool the rule would have stood but footballing governers seem to have some kind of special affinity to liverpool. Plus like any good scousers would do the shite tried it on and "jibbed" into europe and fair play for having a go.

There was no "special affinity" to Liverpool Goldfish..that just sounds like sour bitterness on your part.

Its only right that whoever wins it regardless of were they finish that same season should be allowed to defend it.

It wouldnt matter who the club was - Everton,Liverpool or anyone else for that matter - its right that you are allowed to defend such a title.

Guest Reg Reagan

no... tottenham will not miss out whether the arses undeservedly win the CL final... the arses will still be playing UEFA Cup next season if they finish 5th and undeservedly win the cl.

thats how UEFA haved ruled 2 seasons ago... the thing with Liverpool was wrong and they should never be let in to in the CL for this season!

no... tottenham will not miss out whether the arses undeservedly win the CL final... the arses will still be playing UEFA Cup next season if they finish 5th and undeservedly win the cl.

thats how UEFA haved ruled 2 seasons ago... the thing with Liverpool was wrong and they should never be let in to in the CL for this season!

The situation with Liverpool was not wrong at all Reg and of course they should have been let back in if they won the darn thing.

Im sure it would have been the right thing to do if it had of been Everton in that situation no doubt.

Guest Reg Reagan
Reg the Rules where changed at the bigining of this season.

Spurs will miss out on CL football if the Arse win it.

but that will not be fair on tottenham hotspurs if they come 4th at the seasons end who have fully deserved to get a run in the CL...

They would lose heaps of money and otyher things as well...

i have to say we were lucky last season

they should have changed the rules to if a club wins the CL but finishes 5th then 5 clubs should be in europe the following season (like us and liverpool last season).

and in my eyes arsenal and spurs should go in together

I agree

IMO 4th place has more rite to be there than the winners from the previous year whoever it may be.

I agree Reg it will be unfair on Spurs and I also think there will be a lot of problems about it.

Yes we were lucky last year but the rules didn't state then that 4th place gets kicked out if you are not one of there favoured teams and have loads of money