IGNORED

Some Advice Please

iggy

I am not from Liverpool and have never stayed overnight before, always gone straight back home (Surrey) after the games, but as I persuaded my missus to attend her first ever match on Sunday I thought it would be a good idea to make a weekend of it.

Managed to get 2 nights at the Regent Maritime and what I need are (sensible) recommendations for places to eat and/or have a bevvy in the city centre.

Wilmslow pre and post match is of course obligatory!! :D

Hey iggy..nothing specific but when I asked a similar question of a scouse mate some years ago he told me Hope Street has just about anything and everything in the way of food. It was true. I'm sure the local lads'll give you more accurate advice though..enjoy.

Reminds me of when I stayed the week-end years ago...stayed in the Campanile, think it's called down on the docks and went into a pub by Albert Dock. Bought a round for about ten of us and (living in Wimbledon at the time) thought they'd way undercharged me, but it was just massively cheaper than London. Evertonians (and others) coming into my local before matches at Plough Lane used to make jokes about having to pop round the corner to fix up a mortgage to pay for a round :lol::lol: .

If you want some realy nice food then try the Sapporo Teriyaki (Japanese) on wood street the foods fantastic, the cheff cooks it in front of you and the atmosphere is realy relaxed.

You do share your table with other people as its a U shape around the cooking area but like i said the food is fantastic. Expect to pay around £80-£100 for 2 people with 3 courses & a nice bottle of wine.

If you want some realy nice food then try the Sapporo Teriyaki (Japanese) on wood street the foods fantastic, the cheff cooks it in front of you and the atmosphere is realy relaxed.

You do share your table with other people as its a U shape around the cooking area but like i said the food is fantastic. Expect to pay around £80-£100 for 2 people with 3 courses & a nice bottle of wine.

£80-£100 for a meal!!!! God im used to buy one get one free offers in Wetherspoons!!!!

£80-£100 for a meal!!!! God im used to buy one get one free offers in Wetherspoons!!!!

I'm with you Claire..for that price I'd want the waitress to give me a blo...hang on...Josh might see this :lol::lol: . He's off on an outdoor activity (PGL) week next week with the school and I'm taking my wife to a hotel in Bath for a night. She's put her foot down and demanded something other than a curry..but I think Japanese is out :o .

I'm with you Claire..for that price I'd want the waitress to give me a blo...hang on...Josh might see this :lol:   :lol: . He's off on an outdoor activity (PGL) week next week with the school and I'm taking my wife to a hotel in Bath for a night. She's put her foot down and demanded something other than a curry..but I think Japanese is out :o .

:lol::lol: thats very thoughtful of you!!! I dont even like Japanese portions and I bet the portions will be dead tiny mmmm give me a chippy dinner any day!!

I'm with you Claire..for that price I'd want the waitress to give me a blo...hang on...Josh might see this :lol:   :lol: . He's off on an outdoor activity (PGL) week next week with the school and I'm taking my wife to a hotel in Bath for a night. She's put her foot down and demanded something other than a curry..but I think Japanese is out :o .

No class i tell you :lol:

I admit its not an every week kind of price but people do push the boat out when they go away for the weekend!!

Ok here goes another cheaper reccomendation from Liam is the Tavern Co. which is up the stairs by the rat and parrot and marriot hotel. Its a mexican and the food is lovely they do one of the best steaks in town and you get enough on your plate to feed a small African village for a month. If you cant take spicy food too well steer well away from the Chilli and the Taco's but you can eat 3 courses and do in a couple of bottles of wine in there for around £40 for 2.

Sorry Claire & Mike i dont do 2 for one in the 'spoons when i take a girl out, its ok for an afternoon on the ale with the lads but you have to make an effort for your woman.

For the reccord too the Japanese supprised me and you get more than enough to fill your belly plus the added entertainment of trying to eat a sushi starter with chop sticks makes it all worth while. I had duck, egg fried rice, potatos & veg for my main so it aint all raw fish and noodles either! :D

Goldy said............... trying to eat a sushi starter with chop sticks.

Aaargh stop it your making me sick. :blink: Dont even eat fish when its cooked, no way am i going to eat it raw. These things live, eat, and swim around in waters full of shit. Noooooo.

Next time you have fish, break it up and see how many parasites and tiny little worms you find in the flesh...............vomit vomit vomit.

Most prob about half the amount of crap that you would find in a fast food place TL.

I like fish but could not eat it raw.

I am out for a meal on Saturday to an all you can eat Chinese place. Food is lovely and will only be about £100 for the 4 of us which I don't think is that bad.

Goldy said............... trying to eat a sushi starter with chop sticks.

Aaargh stop it your making me sick. :blink:   Dont even eat fish when its cooked, no way am i going to eat it raw.  These things live, eat, and swim around in waters full of shit.    Noooooo.

Next time you have fish, break it up and see how many parasites and tiny little worms you find in the flesh...............vomit vomit vomit.

You can say that about most things and i never liked the thought of sushi until i had a smoked salmon starter while on holiday in Tenerife, didnt realise it would be raw until i got it and it was fooking lovely :D

You lot stick to your pie and mash but i'm trying everything once, its very rare i order the same thing twice from the same restaurant i just get the urge to always try something new.

Next on my list is a restaurant in Southport which has Crocodile, Kangeroo, Shark & Snake on the menu!!!!!

Edited by GoldfishMemory

Been there, I asked for a crocodile sandwich, waiter said sorry sir cant do that, i said i thought i'd catch you out you havent got crocodile have you, he said i cant give you a crocodile sandwich cos we've run out of bread. :D

i'm like you goldy try anything once............twice if i like it.

but had very bad experiences with fish. me no likey.

Been there, I asked for a crocodile sandwich

No Word of a lie Ladies & Gent's....Croc Steaks are not a common site in my particular local supermarkets meat dept.

However, & I cringe evry time I pass them, they have a wide range of "KANGA BANGA'S"...( Thats the product brand name) Genuine 100% Australian Kangaroo & get this totally Wheat, Sugar & Glutten free.

SO apparently it's a healthy din .

Flavours inc..Herb Tomato & Roo, Curried Roo & Traditonal styled Plain Roo Sausage.

But...................I cant do it...!!!

( ill see if theirs a pic anyhwere if not might slip the digi into shop next time... :lol::lol::lol: )

No class i tell you  :lol:

I admit its not an every week kind of price but people do push the boat out when they go away for the weekend!!

Ok here goes another cheaper reccomendation from Liam is the Tavern Co. which is up the stairs by the rat and parrot and marriot hotel. Its a mexican and the food is lovely they do one of the best steaks in town and you get enough on your plate to feed a small African village for a month. If you cant take spicy food too well steer well away from the Chilli and the Taco's but you can eat 3 courses and do in a couple of bottles of wine in there for around £40 for 2.

Sorry Claire & Mike i dont do 2 for one in the 'spoons when i take a girl out, its ok for an afternoon on the ale with the lads but you have to make an effort for your woman.

For the reccord too the Japanese supprised me and you get more than enough to fill your belly plus the added entertainment of trying to eat a sushi starter with chop sticks makes it all worth while. I had duck, egg fried rice, potatos & veg for my main so it aint all raw fish and noodles either!  :D

You should give lessons to all men mr fishman lol!