IGNORED

Duncan Ferguson

Does anyone else think that he should get a game on Sunday and be made captain???

I would maybe rest Beattie for the game and give Ferguson a start along side McFadden and give Ferg the arm band for one last time???

Any thoughts?

I think it would be fitting - due to Fergusons cult status with many of the fans, particulalry the young ones. (where this status is deserved or not is another topic).

I would like Beattie to start though, with maybe an slim outside chance of going to the World Cup, he may pull off his performance of the season out of the bag and catch Svens eye with a home hatrick.

yeah i think it would be a nice idea, regardless of some peoples view, he has been the closest thing to a hero in recent years and i for one would like to see him with the armband and lead is out one last time

No objection to his (hopefully)last game being recognised in some way but we need our strongest team on the pitch from the start, and that doesn't include Dunc any more. No point in a gesture if we end up losing by going in below strength..put him on for the last five minutes and let him take over the armband...it'll be after the final whistle when the crowd show him what they feel anyway. He's certainly been heroic at times for us (and a liability at times also) and deserves a big send-off.

Edited by mikeo

F*ck sentimentality, he shows a lack of consideration to all when he flips his lid. Captain my arse, he was, is and always will be a fool who was good in the air, a one trick pony if tou like.

Get rid, let's not give him a nice send off, he has let us down too often. He has been paid well for f*cking years, he never has to worry about paying the bills ever again.

F*CK HIM AND GIVE THE ARMBAND TO A REAL LEADER - Steptoe

Phew, that's better.

ATB

Mac

F*ck sentimentality, he shows a lack of consideration to all when he flips his lid. Captain my arse, he was, is and always will be a fool who was good in the air, a one trick pony if tou like.

Get rid, let's not give him a nice send off, he has let us down too often. He has been paid well for f*cking years, he never has to worry about paying the bills ever again.

F*CK HIM AND GIVE THE ARMBAND TO A REAL LEADER - Steptoe

Phew, that's better.

ATB

Mac

I agree the club have given more to DF than he has given us. But as I said that is another argument.

to a lot of young Everton fans he is a big hero/cult figure/talisman, whatever you want to call him. Whatever, you think of DF you have to say he has been memorable!

I think a final 15 miniutes appearence with the armband would do no harm. If only to give the fans who wish the chance to give him the send of they want to give him.

More for some of the fans than DF.

surely another 12 months contract is not in the offering?

I agree the club have given more to DF than he has given us. But as I said that is another argument.

to a lot of young Everton fans he is a big hero/cult figure/talisman, whatever you want to call him. Whatever, you think of DF you have to say he has been memorable!

I think a final 15 miniutes appearence with the armband would do no harm. If only to give the fans who wish the chance to give him  the send of they want to give him.

More for some of the fans than DF.

surely another 12 months contract is not in the offering?

I can see where you are coming from Rob and I respect your opinion mate, but I hate him with a passion. I can understand what other people think of him, and what he means to them, I'm sorry but I do struggle with any positive emotions.

ATB

Mac

i think it would be great if dunc cud lead us out as a captain for the last time, but i think we shud only play him for one half and maybe let anichebe have a whole half on the pitch. dont think moyes shud rest beattie. as much as he says he wants wayne rooney to recover for england, he will still bite svens arm off to go if given the chance. i think he will pull off one of his best displays of the season, knowin his chances rest on this one game

i think it would be great if dunc cud lead us out as a captain for the last time, but i think we shud only play him for one half and maybe let anichebe have a whole half on the pitch. dont think moyes shud rest beattie. as much as he says he wants wayne rooney to recover for england, he will still bite svens arm off to go if given the chance. i think he will pull off one of his best displays of the season, knowin his chances rest on this one game

Bloody good call on the Anichebe shout mate, I would love to see the kid given a decent shake of the stick.

The Duncan stuff, well I think you know my feelings on that one.

ATB

Mac

• 2 months later...

Ducan Ferguson will sign for Sheffield Wednesday by the end of the week. Although ferguson rejected the owls two months ago. He has decided as no new offers have been forthcoming he has requested that his agent begins talks so he can get himself a club.

Good luck fergie

wouldn't suprise me one bit if we saw dunc in the the street end next season with a season ticket singing his heart out

hope he stays fit but doesn't sign for anyone you never know a huge injury crisis with our strikers you never know these days

anyway i'd sign him on a 2 game contract i think the 1st game would be about the 9th of sept probably